Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2002, 02:34 PM   #71
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

50 degrees fahrenheit... that's a pleasant day in England.
And in our country a heatwave would be about 75 degrees fahrenheit.
Old 02-26-2002, 02:40 PM   #72
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Garnet, sounds like you are having a nice cozy day. We, poor souls, are having to go to work. I saw 14 patients this morning, steady but not too bad. We had chicken with Cream/Tarragon sauce, green beans, and Caesar salad last night, which seemed to go over well.
Talthy, the reason it doesn't seem cold to you Brits is that you freeze all year around. I was in London one Christmas, and I don't think I was ever warm once. No wonder I drank so much. Also, I stopped wondering why you guys don't chill your beer or serve ice with water.
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 02-26-2002, 04:44 PM   #73
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Hey, the family is doing good, my father has a very positive attitude toward's his cancer even though the Doctor told him that he has never had anyone live longer then 2 yr's. He's a fighter, God bless him.

My daughter's are great. The baby is all coo's and spit up. I think we finally got the formula situation ironed out. At a measely cost of 21.95 $ a can I should bank rupt by the end of the year
Momma is doing good and we both are tired, 5AM comes far to quickly, especially when you go to sleep at midnight.

50 * F is rather cold for Florida, considering it is usually short and tee shirt weather here. And those people that say humidity doesnt effect the weather, well thet are wrong. When you have an 92* F day and the humidity is 90% and no breeze it can be rather stiffleing.

Sorry for filling the gap's, c-ya
Old 02-26-2002, 05:12 PM   #74
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

the worst weather i've ever seen was 114 degrees with 98 percent humidity.i was trying to build a house on a concrete slab.well when my boots started to melt we called it a day.and this was where we worked ten minutes and rested thirty.oh to be young again.
oh seph,hope they go for aeriths theme.good song.nobuo uematsu is a good composer.
--------------------
slowly turns and shuffles away looking for a whiskey.NOT sissy elven wine.
Old 02-26-2002, 06:57 PM   #75
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Hi, Khazadman, sounds unpleasant. We have those hot, muggy days in Texas, too. We had a real bad summer in 1980, when it got to 117 degrees. I don't remember the humidity, probably because I lost too many brain cells. I was quite young at the time, but I can remember it well.
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 02-26-2002, 07:53 PM   #76
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

I refuse to let Budha and the kids read your supper posts, Galadria, since then they might start clammoring for 'fancy' dinners like you fix! Tonight we're having chicken, too.....oven fried with mashed taters and (probably) green beans. Not exciting but most filling and amongst house favorites.

'Fun' time didn't happen today . Budha spent the afternoon trying to find BIOS updates and misc. other bs for the pc......wasn't sucessful, mind you.

Oh well. Just told Agility that he *had* to turn off the "music" he had turned on/up in the library.....that stuff is noise designed to cover the fact the 'musicians' have absolutely NO musical talent at all. Now he's all pissed off since mom told him the stuff he likes is repellant (and stated that, if given the op, would tell the 'musicians' face to face *exactly* what I thought!)
Old 02-26-2002, 08:34 PM   #77
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

Nobody around for me to tell my oldest 'baby' boy is 19 today .
Old 02-26-2002, 08:52 PM   #78
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Hi, Garnet, I'm around, tell me. Happy Birthday, [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img] Chicken is thawing, so I have time to post. Veggies changed to braised celery hearts, though, since Atalus didn't bring home green beans.
Old 02-26-2002, 09:01 PM   #79
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

I just went off on the household at large---I'm *finally* able to get on the pc and do a little surfing/posting. Potatoes were cooking after the boys finally peeled them. The chicken is practically cold in the oven and everybody's bitching about how supper's not on the table...while they're all sitting in front of the tv joking and not even watching the show! Needless to say I reminded everyone I am *not* the maid or short order cook--not that *any* of them except CloudKitten listened as she is in mashing taters and they boys are all laughing about totally non-related stuff!

I am definitely having a glass of wine now...lovely little sinfandel with strawberry..light and refreshing even if it's not intoxicating (well, maybe if I drank a whole bottle, it's so light).
Old 02-26-2002, 09:03 PM   #80
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

I'll tell him you wished him a happy b-day when I talk to him next. He called at 430 this morn and so I got to talk to im then. Actually it won't technically be 19 years until 10 pm, but that's ok.

::sigh:: half my lifetime ago...