Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2004, 08:43 AM   #1
killerTeddy
Dungeon Master

Hello!

I am thinking of creating a party of three characters. Never done before, the smallest was 4 and i wasn't satisfied.
My question, if i just put everyone in the center, i know all 3 can attack anything in front of them. But what about enemies at the side? Will i have to turn round, losing any high initiative, to reach them with short weapons? And what about those coming from behind?
I will probably try to make one very fast character (high speed and senses), the others realy shouldn't slow him down.
BTW, faeries can't carry that much, but how much can they carry?? Would be important to avoid encumbrence.

Edit: looking at the stats of some older party of mine, i think faeries can carry approx. 2/3 of the normal amount. The carrying capacity is calculated by (Str x 2.5) + (Vit x 1.25), according to http://www.geocities.com/shau185/attributes.html

Thanks, bye Teddy

[ 07-09-2004, 01:03 PM: Message edited by: killerTeddy ]
killerTeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 09:59 AM   #2
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

If all characters are in the same area of the formation, they can all reach every direction with short-range weapons.
I don't know the comparison factor for carry capacity, heh, i didn't pay enough attention to that in my games with them. Which may mean it wasn't that horrible. Being unable to wear or wield anything heavy, they manage alright.
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 07:41 PM   #3
SteelBow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yep, with only 3 characters in the same formation slot, they will all hit any mob within melee range. Doesn't matter which slot they're in either because all the other slots are empty. The mobs just move right in.