Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2007, 06:16 PM   #81
PurpleXVI
Emerald Dragon

Koss is his name.

And yeah, it would be handy if you could also just have a global toggle to tell your henchmen when to run, when to fight and when not to froth at the mouth at the sight of the wildlife.
PurpleXVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 08:12 PM   #82
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

If the level 24 warlocks have clear purple bodies then you have the gain olias quest active. He is a necro hero.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:24 PM   #83
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

I think that's it TDC. The guy is waiting at the end of the road for me, and when I approach I have to kill 6 or 7 of them before he will talk.

They are mages and clerics, I mistook 'em for warlocks because honestly I didn't have time to look between the amount of magic flying at me and me being dead in 5 seconds. I have the guards with me but they still pummel us. The level difference is literally "killing" me. Should I just ignore it for now? Or should I be well able for it with the help from the guards? If so, I will retry it with a new strategy but mainly I was just checking to see.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:34 PM   #84
PurpleXVI
Emerald Dragon

You'll need human help to tackle it, it's really not that bad if you get a full party, or if you go to Elona/Cantha and grab some other heroes first.
PurpleXVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 04:35 AM   #85
Target
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by T-D-C:
Its probably a heating issue. GW can run hard on some machines so post your specs and we can check it out.
OK, lets see if I can remember!!

Athlon XP2400 (2ghz) chips on an Abit NF7 motherboard, PC3200 RAM 512mb (I have ordered 1GB)
80gb maxtor plus 9 (i think) hard drives,
Saphire Radeon 9700 graphics.
STill running windows ME (Have ordered XP)
Video Lodgic / sonic fury 5.1 sound card.
Generic 450W PSU (I think)

I think that's it. It was a good maching 3year ago when I got it!!

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 07:56 AM   #86
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

It's still fine for GW. Heat may well be an issue, the alarm goes off when your gpu reaches threshold so check that your CPU is properly ventilated. Otherwise it's some kind of software problem. Are all your drivers updated etc.?
Old 01-03-2007, 10:07 AM   #87
Target
Red Dragon

I think all the drivers are upto date. Next time I try it I'll make sure it's the only think running, no surfing while it's loading!! Hopefully XP and the extra mem will also help. I hope it's not the heat, I don't think I can do much about that.

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Old 01-03-2007, 11:24 AM   #88
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

If you pop the case open and leave the side cover off, move the CPU and then try it, you could determine if it is heat or not. All this would be for testing only so you don;t have to keep it like that. You could then rule it in or out. GW isn't *that* taxing graphics-wise anyways -not like Oblivion or anything. My old ti4600 ran it fine, with stock fans and no heating issues, frames of about 40-50fps. The major thing I would watch for is anti-aliasing being enabled as that could add extra "heat" per se. Check this in your Ati Driver tab and set it to off if it is.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:27 AM   #89
Target
Red Dragon

Great, I'll give that all a go. Hopefully it will work. I'll be a tad annoyed if I can only play for 5 mins at a time!!

Old 01-03-2007, 11:55 AM   #90
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

If I remember correctly, when this happened to my son's pc, it was his power supply going out.

But when the (nearly) same thing happened on hubby's pc, he popped open his case, put another fan in to further cool the cpu (actually has a small fan blowing into the case as well for marathon gaming sessions ) and it fixed the problem.

Either way, it seems everybody here has covered both possibilities, so good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] .