Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2002, 12:12 PM   #1
Arvon
Unicorn

What is a fart and why does it smell?

Ever pull someone's finger and hear a weird noise come out of his or her butt?

Ever sit in a tub of water and see bubbles come out of your hiney?

This strange noise and vibrating sensation that came from your butt is most likely caused by a fart.

A fart is a combination of gases (nitrogen, carbon dioxide, oxygen, methane, and hydrogen sulfide) that travels from a person's stomach to their anus. When a person swallows too much air or eats foods that the human digestive system cannot digest easily gas becomes trapped in his/her stomach. The only way for this excess gas to exit the body is through the anus.

The gas that makes your farts stink is the hydrogen sulfide gas. This gas contains sulfur which causes farts to have a smelly odor. The more sulfur rich your diet, the more your farts will stink. Some foods that cause really smelly farts include: beans, cabbage, cheese, soda, and eggs.

A scientific name for a fart is flatus or flatulence.

The word fart is just one of many different terms used to describe the release of gasses from the human body. Other popular names for farts or farting include: gassers, stinkers, air biscuits, bombers, barking spiders, rotten eggs, and wet ones. You can pass gas, break wind, blast, beef, poof, rip one, let one fly, step on a duck, and cut the cheese.

Farts can be stinky, wet, loud, or silent but deadly. Pee-eeew!!!

Did you know?
On the average, a healthy person farts 16 times a day.
Hey guys, don't be fooled by girls who tell you that they never fart. Everyone farts, including girls. In fact, females fart just as much as males.
Many animals fart too. Cats, dogs, and cows. Elephants fart the most.
People fart the most in their sleep.
Farts that contain a large amount of methane & hydrogen can be flammable.

53.7% of all statistics are made up
Old 06-24-2002, 12:54 PM   #2
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

well, that was rather unpleasent
not really anything that wasnt common
knowledge, But now we get to think about it.
Old 06-24-2002, 03:15 PM   #3
Rimjaw
Red Wizard of Thay

ROFL.
Old 06-24-2002, 03:27 PM   #4
Arvon
Unicorn

Now Here is a problem with this sport....

Patient having op on backside breaks wind, causing fire
:
:A Danish man having surgery on his backside broke wind and set his genitals alight.
:A surgeon was removing a mole on his backside with an electric knife when the man broke wind, lighting a spark.
:His genitals had been washed with surgical spirits and caught fire.
:He's suing the hospital for pain and suffering and loss of income.
:He says he had to take extra time off work and can't have sex with his wife. The hospital says it was an unfortunate accident.
:"When I woke up, my penis and scrotum were burning like hell," the man told Danish Newspaper BT.
:Surgeon Dr Jorn Kristensen said: "No-one considered the possibility the man would break wind during the operation, let alone that it would catch fire. It was an unfortunate accident."
:The 30-year-old patient said: "I've had to be booked off work for longer than expected and, besides the pain, I can't have sex with my wife."
:The operation which was being carried out at the Kjellerups hospital, was aborted immediately after the accident.
:Reports say it's unlikely the doctor will face disciplinary action.
:Story filed: 11:33 Sunday 14th April 2002

Old 06-24-2002, 05:07 PM   #5
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Hey hold on, my farts don't smell, they're only REALLY loud ! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 06-24-2002, 09:14 PM   #6
Arvon
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Hey hold on, my farts don't smell, they're only REALLY loud ! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
I suggest that you go to the doctor and get your nose checked...

Old 06-25-2002, 12:49 AM   #7
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

uhh..disgusting. I think I lost my appetite. [img]tongue.gif[/img]