Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2001, 09:50 AM   #1
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

This is one of the funniest if not corniest movies Ive ever seen. It was made by Trey Parker and Matt Stone, the guys who created Southpark, Orgasmo, and they also wrote and starred in BASEketball. BASEketball was directed by the guy who directed who directed AIRPLANE (in Australia it was released as Flying High). AIRPLANE just happens to be the all time number 1 comedy as rated by box office intake, rentals, and VHS and DVD sales.

Anyway, Cannibal has some very catchy songs in it, some great,if cheap, speacial effects, and a good plot based on a true story.

Great movie made by college kids for a measly $150,000. Everybody worked for free since all the people in Trey and Matts film courses wanted the experience of working on a movie. They got Japanese exchange students to play the part of the American Indians (and they toted katanas hehehehehe).

if you have seen this please post on this thread. If you havent--- check it out, its hilarious!!!!

------------------
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-14-2001, 10:15 AM   #2
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

I haven't seen that one, but I have seen Orgasmo. That one was funny indeed. (Of course I have seen Airplane as well)

Another relatively unknown movie that I thought was one of the funniest movies I have ever seen was called "Eat and Run." It was a satire of cop/detective/lawyer shows which involved an intelligent space alien who was on the loose in New York City, eating Italians, and his treatment by our law enforcement system. I thought I would die laughing during that movie. Anybody else ever seen it?

[This message has been edited by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown (edited 08-14-2001).]
Old 08-14-2001, 05:06 PM   #3
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Earthdog ... that movie is one of my family's favorites! My sons and ex actually perform the songs ... they are a hoot to watch! It's like a combination of Oaklahoma and Hannibal or something .... sick, funny humor!
I think the snowman song is the best ... tho "Hang 'em High" is pretty funny too, especially the dancing.

I agree with Earthdog - if you can get your hands on this one to watch it, then do!!

------------------

Having abandoned my
search for truth, I am
now looking for a good
fantasy.

For R³ in thanks:
Sometimes I think I
understand everything,
then I regain consciousness.
Old 08-15-2001, 02:59 AM   #4
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Bilqis its really nice to see a fan out there. The songs are great. "Hang the bastard, hang him high, kiss his guilty butt good-bye, when his body stops jerking we'll know, its the end of him and the end of the show!!!!

Ya gotta love it

Id been telling my wife about this movie for years and she'd never seen it. In Febuary she had our baby and some friends came over to see our newborn daughter. For some reason I started telling our friends about Cannibal. Little did I know that 4 days after they came over it was televised on Foxtel (Australian cable). Our friends recorded it for me, and I didnt know it. Anyway, out of the blue I decided to give them a call and see how they were and what they were up to. We arranged to meet the next the next day for coffee at a local shopping center. When I walked up Their daughter whipped out a video tape.
When I looked at the label I just about fell over

Needless to say they both (mother and daughter) got lots of hugs and smooches on the cheek

The day before they gave me the tape I went to a video store and tried to order it but its not EVEN available in Australia So when they gave me the tape I was super happy as this is my all time favourite movie

Noe Ive got our kids singing songs like "Lets Build a Snowman". It cracks me up to watch them.

If you can get this one dvd in the states it has a trivia game as part of the Extra stuff. If you answer a question correctly it shows you a behind the scenes clip--- for each question. I read some reviews one it and one guy said he had over 100 DVDs and this was the coolest one he owned BY FAR. I wish I could get it here.

Anway a few days before all this happened I decided to search Yahoo and see if I could find any webpages on Cannibal. I found the official site and a couple others. One site was made by Trey Parkers girlfriend. These sites had quite a few links to other cannibal sites. SUPER cool http://www.canniballovers.com/
Thats Trey Parkers girlfriends site. Check it out. It also has wavs from Southpark and BASEketball. Youll find a links page and a link with the story of how they made the movie. I was amazed.

Did you know that Liane was actually named after Treys Ex-Fiance??? He caught her in bed with another man and the wedding plans were trashed. Yep, its true. And I had no idea unitl I read the story of the making of it. Fascinating read.

I downloaded a BUTTload of wave files: Songs and Quotes from the movie. I was pleased as punch..... and was even happier when I got the video tape Now Ive got the Cannibal (Australian release) movie cover as my wallpaper.

I think im losing control here lol

Have a Shpadoinkle day

------------------
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-15-2001, 02:10 PM   #5
Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil

kooky........MOVE ZIG!

------------------

Fish?
Cheesy Liches BEWARE!