Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2001, 10:57 AM   #11
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

M&M9 is supposed to out in 4th quarter 2001. Don't necessarily mean it will be, though. I agree about Multiplay Daggerfall. I could have worked!

Not that I have ever done any multiplayer stuff. I should think it would be tricky all getting on-line at the same time - and what if you want to keep playing when everone else has gone to bed?

------------------

Old 08-12-2001, 12:33 PM   #12
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Then you can kill them while they sleep at an inn, or maybe NPC heroes could be created that accepted quests and fought with and journied with the PC heroes, also, it would have been cool if it was possible to complete a quest before another completed it, so it would be a race to see who was first, and then, if the other band of heroes were the first there, the second ones could ambush them as they left the dungeon/evil stronghold, it would make for a great game in my opinion.
Old 08-12-2001, 04:37 PM   #13
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Well Arcanum looks to be a decent game, but TORN was going to be the one that could challenge NWN IMHO.. I do hope it will be released...

------------------

Yawning lazywolf dreaming about nice little fairies...zzzzz
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper
Old 08-12-2001, 05:03 PM   #14
Neb
Account deleted by Request

I doubt it will be released, it's official in the News section of the Torn part of the BI site, maybe they will resume it at a later time with large changes, but otherwise, no, I don't think it will be released, and I think Arcanum will be better than NWN by far.
Old 08-13-2001, 11:23 AM   #15
Redblueflare
Galvatron

I hope Arcanum is as good as you say it will be. A little competition goes a long way in the videogame industry. I haven't checked out Arcanum yet Neb, but I plan on doing so!

------------------
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just don't have to listen.
Old 08-13-2001, 05:42 PM   #16
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Bah, NWN will blow all of them out of the water. I mean think UO in DND style, whith people acuatlly RPing (Maybe). Beter then anything, IMO.

------------------
[IMG]
URL=http://www.tgeweb.com/cgi-bin/ubb/noncgi/smiles/Rangereyes.gif
[/IMG]

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be
Old 08-14-2001, 08:44 AM   #17
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

OKI, it is true.. Nig wolfietears... BUUU HUUUUU!!! It is canceled.. This from Gamespot..

Torn canceled

Black Isle Studios' 3D RPG has been officially canceled.

Interplay has given the official word that Black Isle Studios' LithTech-powered RPG, Torn, has been canceled and that five members of the Black Isle Studios development team have been let go. Remaining Black Isle Studios employees are now working on other internal projects.

------------------

Yawning lazywolf dreaming about nice little fairies...zzzzz
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper
Old 08-14-2001, 09:24 AM   #18
Redblueflare
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by WOLFGIR:
OKI, it is true.. Nig wolfietears... BUUU HUUUUU!!! It is canceled.. This from Gamespot..

Torn canceled

Black Isle Studios' 3D RPG has been officially canceled.

Interplay has given the official word that Black Isle Studios' LithTech-powered RPG, Torn, has been canceled and that five members of the Black Isle Studios development team have been let go. Remaining Black Isle Studios employees are now working on other internal projects.

Grrr... so it is cancelled! Dang I was looking forward to this game after a single day of reading about it. Hopefully one day they'll revive it. I wonder why they cancelled it?

------------------
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just don't have to listen.