Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2001, 07:10 PM   #21
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
Then why does Dubya "Always" trip on the big words in all his speeches?

In my "opinion" Bush is screwing up big time!

Mark
Skywalker,
Now I'm confused, in the election of 1992 the standard for inteligence was the level of higher education ie. that small town boy from Arkansas was a Rhodes scholar (sp?) so he had to be inteligent. Bush has two degrees, a Bachelors and a Masters. Al Gore has only a Bachelors degree. Bush had a higher Grade point average than Gore. Now that a conservative is in office has the standard changed? If it has changed who sets the new standard? What quailifactions (sp?)do they have?
As for mis-pronouncing (sp?) words. Have you never mis-pronounced a word? what about mis-typed a word? Does that carry the same wieght? If not pray tell what logic was used to come to that conclusion? If you don't like Bush because he is a Republican fine, or because he is conservative ok, but to question his inteligence based on pronouncation (sp?) is biggoted and prejudice. Oh, by the way I lived in Vermont for awhile, in Barre, Vt. Everybody in Vermont pronounced words funny to me, since I'm from the south. So is it ok for me to state that the all "Green mountain boys" are of lower inteligence?
I can understand people questioning Bush's inteligence based on his appearant (sp?) answers to questions that somtimes give the impression of lack of knowledge. To that agruement I would counter with this anticdote about Mr. Henry Ford. A reporter once asked Mr. Ford why he didn't get a Ph.D. Mr. Ford's reply was to take the reporter out into the hall and show him the doors of all the Ph.D.s that worked for him. Mr. Ford then said "Why should I get a Ph.D. I already have hundreds of them?" A good leader knows that he can not hold all the knowledge in the world so he surrounds himself with many people that have knowledge in their fields. Sazarac, we have had two real leaders in my 40 years Regean, and Bush sr. It has been my experance in life that the accorn doesn't fall far from the tree. Bush jr. is a leader, we just may not like his choices, but hey, that's life.

Now to the original question. Yes life would be differant, exactly how who knows? Kyoto, no it would not be ratifided the Senate will not go along with it. Safer, I doubt it, the closest that the world ever came to distruction was not with Regean (war-monger and all that crap), but rather with Kennedy and the Cuban missle crisis. The level of peace & prosperity that we now enjoy can be directly attributed to the actions of the early eightys, peace through strength.

------------------

"the memories of a man in his old age,
are deeds of a man in his prime"

[This message has been edited by John D Harris (edited 08-10-2001).]
Old 08-10-2001, 07:28 PM   #22
Tancred
White Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:

In my "opinion" Bush is screwing up big time!

Mark
Now, now. Don't misunderestimate him.

Old 08-10-2001, 07:38 PM   #23
skywalker
Banned User

I call him an idiot, because I think he is an idiot. I never said logic was involved in my post. I could care less if you think it is "biggoted and prejudiced".

BTW, I was born and raised in MA, I never went to college, so some may think I'm an idiot. I really don't care one way or the other. I don't think Vermonters or any other groups are idiots. I don't think you are, either. I think GWB is for more reasons than just tripping on words in speeches. He is our leader and makes us (the USA) look bad to other world leaders.

I'll be blunt, I DON'T LIKE GEORGE W. BUSH. He will do or say anything (if he can get the words right) that will get him the most votes. I don't intend to argue politics with you (John D Harris) or Gaelic. This my opinion, I have a right to it, that's all I'm saying.

Mark

[This message has been edited by skywalker (edited 08-12-2001).]
Old 08-10-2001, 07:40 PM   #24
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by Tancred:
Now, now. Don't misunderestimate him.

I love it "misunderestimate" I'll have to remember that one. LMAO

------------------

"the memories of a man in his old age,
are deeds of a man in his prime"
Old 08-10-2001, 09:01 PM   #25
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Gore AND Bush? You mean there were two separate people?

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 08-10-2001, 09:47 PM   #26
Gaelic
Elminster

You don't have to like him, or snuggle up to him late at night, but the FACT is that he is the best hope for the US and our role the world that has presented itself. He has returned principle to the white house. Now we could get somewhere if the obstructionists who now run the Senate would stop presenting ridiculous ideas and blocking progress, as has been their trademark for over 50 years.

------------------
Gaelic
Old 08-11-2001, 01:12 AM   #27
sylent
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:
Sylent, I feel you man. I would love to live in the Forgotten Realms and just go around adventuring and stuff. Life was so simple then. You really made it on your own strength, honor, and intelligence. That is why I find it so fascinating. Oh well, alas it's not to be.

Gaming is a bit like escapism most of the time... and reading.
I know exactly what you mean there.

------------------
"Watch your back"
Old 08-11-2001, 03:36 AM   #28
J.J.
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Gaelic:
You don't have to like him, or snuggle up to him late at night, but the FACT is that he is the best hope for the US and our role the world that has presented itself. He has returned principle to the white house. Now we could get somewhere if the obstructionists who now run the Senate would stop presenting ridiculous ideas and blocking progress, as has been their trademark for over 50 years.

Gawd, I Luv This Stuff!
Gaelic, JD, good to have you guys in the house, I will hae to unleash my "plitikally inkerekt" posts again.
Mark, opinions are always respected around here, but please do not be suprised if someone asks you to back up your posts or opinions with some sort of proof. If all you r willing to do is post what you think, then to just say"well, that's what I think, no matter what you say", you are not talking politics, you're practising religion - i.e., my candidate (insert deified being name here.) is better than the yours, or all others. the rebuttal to that is, why is your (deified being) candidate better than mine? - oh, because I say so, and I refuse to discuss it as well. I Simply FEEL mine is better, so must be.
Emotion-based arguments are the hallmark of the liberal mind-set. All that is needed are strong feelings about an issue, and the ability to label any disagreements or proof to the alternative as 'mean-spirited', 'uncaring', 'hateful', or some other emotionally volatile and dehumanizing label.
Remember the words of Oscar Wild - "Why do you raise your voice, when you should re-inforce your point?"

------------------
Unstinting Gaurdian of Children
Defender of Those Unable To
Old 08-11-2001, 07:03 AM   #29
skywalker
Banned User

I did not write that "my candidate" is better- I never mentioned a candidate in the first place.

On the other hand, I guess all the programs the liberals want to fund, which will cause defecits after the Tax Cut, are programs that no conservatives want.

I wonder why the label "liberal" has become akin to a slur and "conservative" did not.

Mark
Old 08-11-2001, 10:10 AM   #30
Gaelic
Elminster

The problem is that liberals believe the government exists to proactively go out and do a bunch of things because people are not able to take care of themselves while conservatives believe that people have the right to do for themselves and have the government available to solve problems that arise and maintain the conditions of an orderly society. The democrats essentially want to socialize everything and make the people dependant upon the government while conservatives want people to have the opportunity to succeed and be more than "average." I cannot sit quietly by and let horrible people like Hillary, Bill, Al, and their cronies in the Senate ruin a fantastic nation by stealing from people who have worked hard and earned success and giving to those who have not just to ensure their own political futures and personal power. Those people represent the greatest threat to our country since the civil war.

------------------
Gaelic