Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2001, 03:37 AM   #1
Sigmar
Unicorn

What if Al Gore had won the elections instead of George Bush? Would anything differant, would America have agreed to the Kyote agreement? What would have happened if Gore won?

------------------
"In Ankh-Morpork curiosity killed the cat, tied weights to its legs and then threw it in the river."

Tiax, warmaster of clan HADB
Old 08-10-2001, 07:32 AM   #2
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

I would be happier, and would have continued watching the news.

------------------

Having abandoned my
search for truth, I am
now looking for a good
fantasy.

For R³ in thanks:
Sometimes I think I
understand everything,
then I regain consciousness.
Old 08-10-2001, 08:37 AM   #3
Gaelic
Elminster

We would all continue paying WAY too much in taxes instead of just too much, we would still not have ratified Kyoto (Senate voted it down 100-0), and our economy would be in the toilet as foreign investments dropped like rocks.

------------------
Gaelic
Old 08-10-2001, 09:25 AM   #4
sylent
Emerald Dragon

we'd be even more fucked...
the most powerful man in the world only got into power because of his father before him... Damn all of the texas bumbs (no offence to nay texans here)... I just think that the most powerful man in the world (or so called by many powerful media sources) should at least have a shred of intelligence within him... I mean I give the man some credit, but does anyone really think he got in office for anything but his name... I mean the whole thing is just one big popularity contest...
That is what politics is in Australia... in victoria, Mr. Steve Bracks promised all of this amazing stuff, like more hospital beds, more police on staff... so far we have seen sweet FA... its just a big game... just like a popularity contest... I don't know... politics just shits me up the wall...
I see these world leaders behaving like children, and I just wonder what is becoming of us all... its just so damn... stupid that these people have so much power.

I long for the days of BG2... where life was simple, and everyone could make there way... does anyone else dream of this?
thats pretty much why I play Role-playing games... its like a form of escapism for me. I don't know, maybe I am just some twisted little maggot who you are all going to ignore, and just think of as a dickhead... I have said some really important things which really bother me in this current world...

That's just my two sense (or was it cents?)

always... sylent... (sylent as a deserted alley on a cold october night!)

------------------
"Watch your back"

[This message has been edited by sylent (edited 08-10-2001).]
Old 08-10-2001, 09:44 AM   #5
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Three things for sure would be different

1) We would have ratified the Kyoto Treaty. Congress voted it down, merely to show a unified front to the rest of the world

2) We would have higher taxes, without a tax refund

3) We would have full Federal funding of Stem Cell research

There are the good and the bad with both Bush and Gore and whatever the dislikes and likes we have to accept the man in the Presidency. I personally dislike Bush and many of his policies, but he is President and as long as I can live my life with limitied gov't involvement that is fine with me!

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
Old 08-10-2001, 09:57 AM   #6
skywalker
Banned User

I have a feeling Gore did win by not ending up as President, the way things are going this year.

And Gaelic! We woundn't be dealing with deficits because of the stupid enormous tax cut that passed. Many of us will have to pay back the $600 check when we file next year. Hello, the economy is about to go into the toilet if it hasn't already.
I'm just waiting for 2004 when the idiot falls flat on his face running for a second term.

Mark
Old 08-10-2001, 10:38 AM   #7
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

that would have really sucked

------------------

Get The IronWorks Winamp skin
Slackerboys Custom Characters
Old 08-10-2001, 10:56 AM   #8
Link
Jack Burton

The world would be a safer place...

------------------
In the foul darkness one figure will emerge to save the world from evil and despair.... Light flashes as his sword comes down, and thunder rolls through the sky when he points his sword up to heaven to signal his victory....People whisper his name as he walks by, evil tries to hide as they sense his presence nearby.... His name? Link......
Old 08-10-2001, 11:29 AM   #9
sylent
Emerald Dragon

I think this guy is weird...
he is president of the united states of america... is he a smart man?

I don't know... but as I have earlier stated, (I question his inteligence... is he but a beauty queen?....
who knows.. not me

------------------
"Watch your back"
Old 08-10-2001, 12:48 PM   #10
Gaelic
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
I have a feeling Gore did win by not ending up as President, the way things are going this year.

And Gaelic! We woundn't be dealing with deficits because of the stupid enormous tax cut that passed. Many of us will have to pay back the $600 check when we file next year. Hello, the economy is about to go into the toilet if it hasn't already.
I'm just waiting for 2004 when the idiot falls flat on his face running for a second term.

Mark
The only reason we'll be paying anything back is if the democrats pass something else to steal our money again. Were you aware that at present we are paying back the national debt at the fastest rate possible. We could not pay it any faster if we had 100 trillion extra dollars laying around. As for deficits, they are created when people spend more money than they have. Tax cuts don't make deficits, congressional morons do when they create programs that require more money than is available. The tax cut is the right thing to do, congress just has to live within their means like the rest of us.

------------------
Gaelic