Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2001, 09:25 AM   #1
Redblueflare
Galvatron

Ah ha! I figured the title would get someone in here! If you don't mind I would appreciate it if you read my story for me. Here's the quick summary Bahumut and Memnoch requested.

This story is about Alan MCcoy, his best friend Krystal Kenton,(Who is a princess by the way.) and his twin sister Tk. (Tiffany Katherine MCcoy.)The three of them have three guardians. Red a red dragon, Flare a Phoneix, and Snowball a Saber.(Which is somewhat like a winter wolf.) Alan is an Icarian, which are basically a race of winged humans, with interesting abilities. The Icarians have lost their wings for some reason. (I haven't gotten to this part yet...)As of right now the trio is in the castles kitchen eating. (Krystal does *not* belong to the typical Royal family, as they don't have servants and all that.) Alan and Tk live with them since both of their parents have died. They were Quentin and Daniel MCcoy!

This is a rough draft, (All my reading buddies are on vactaion dang them!) so suggestions are wanted! I know where i'm going with this but the problem is getting there...
Oh yeah Krystal is the narrator this time around.

“Thanks for volunteering me to cook Alan.” TK said with mock bitterness.
“Would you like me to try to cook and burn the castle down?” Alan asked.
“Good point.” Tk replied.
“Besides your cooking is the best Tk.” Alan said.
“Just like your mother’s.” I agreed.
Tk nodded. “Thank you.”
Tk had learned to cook from her mother Danielle McCoy. She had a special talent for it, and cooked some of the most delicious meals I’ve ever tasted. Tk handled just about every meal in the castle, and seemed to enjoy every moment of it.
“Where are Michael and Maria?” Alan asked.
Alan and Tk call my parents by their first names, Michael and Maria.
“They’re probably in Angelo.” I reasoned, meaning the country not to far from Kenton.
“It is trading season so I don’t know exactly where they are.”
“Why you worried?” Tk asked as she sat a plate of pancakes in front of us.
“No of course not.” Alan answered. “I just want to know where they are.”
“They probably won’t be back for awhile.” I said. “So you may not see them for a long time.”
“Hopefully it’s not to long.” Alan muttered. He grabbed the jar of maple syrup and poured a little on his pancakes.
“Don’t worry.” I told him. “They’ll be back in time for your welcome party.” I said smiling.
“I don’t think that’s necessary…” Alan began.
“Well my parents aren’t going to call it off now.” I pointed out. “Besides you’ve always enjoyed yourself at parties.”
“That’s when they aren’t thrown for me!” Alan said.
“What’s wrong with a party thrown in your honor?” Tk asked.
Alan sighed and laid his head down on the table. “Never mind.”
“Since you know Maria isn’t going to cancel it, Krystal or I could teach you to dance.”
“You could.” Alan said.
“You would already know how to dance by now if you weren’t so stubborn.” Tk continued. “There really isn’t anything to it, you just move.”
“You make it sound so easy.” Alan told her.
“That’s because it is easy.” Tk replied.
“I don’t think all those girls are going to take I can’t dance as an excuse this year.” I teased.
“Don’t you start.” Alan warned. “Leave me alone about that.” His eyes changed from maroon to black, which meant he was getting annoyed.

I decided to change the subject. “I say we go swimming.” It was going to be a long day if we decided to stay in the castle. We needed something to pass the time. A trip to the Hot Springs would be just what we needed.
“You know how I feel about that.” Alan said.
“You mean how you feel about water.” Tk corrected.
“I am not afraid of water!” Alan snapped. “I just don’t swim that well, that’s all.”
“I was only kidding you.” Tk replied. “Don’t you think if you practiced a little more often you’d get better at it?”
“Grow some sea legs.” I told him. “You don’t like ships either.”
“The two of you can do what you like.” Alan told me as stubborn as ever. “I’m going to stay right here.”
I’d dealt with Alan’s stubbornness before, and this situation was nothing different. It was time to take matters into my own hands. I took hold of Alan’s hands and looked him straight in his glowing eyes. “Alan you’ve just come back,” I said softly. “I thought this would be a divine opportunity for us to spend a little time together. Would you please accompany us?”
Alan looked away from me for a second. “Fine,” he muttered. His voice was so low I barely even heard him.
“You promise you won’t disappear on the way there?” I asked.
“Why do I have to promise?” Alan asked.
“Foiled again.” Tk said with a laugh.
“Alright I promise.” Alan said reluctantly. “I hate you when you do that to me.”
“I know.” I replied with a smile.

------------------
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just don't have to listen.

[This message has been edited by Redblueflare (edited 07-24-2001).]
Old 07-24-2001, 09:27 AM   #2
Moni

LOL
I was just going to hunt down the thread where you were posting this story.

I saw it continued last night but forgot to get back to it before I went to bed.
I'll catch up on it right now...

Moni

------------------

Old 07-24-2001, 09:30 AM   #3
Moni

Nice!
As usual.

Moni

------------------

Old 07-24-2001, 09:55 AM   #4
Redblueflare
Galvatron

Thank you Moni! I know this was a dirty trick, but I had to get someone to read this! No one paid much attention to the other one. Even when I did post another installment there. I'll post another soon. It'll be short and sweet just like this one.

------------------
Old 07-24-2001, 09:56 AM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

It's a bit confusing because I don't know what it's about. How about a quick summary so people who might not have been following your earlier threads can get to grips with it more quickly?

------------------
Old 07-24-2001, 10:18 AM   #6
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Yes yes yes.. true!

------------------

Yukishiro Tomoe
Old 07-25-2001, 03:08 PM   #7
Redblueflare
Galvatron

Here's another peice. Whether anyone reads it or not is always up them. As always i'm open to suggestions.

The three of us left a note telling our guardians where we would be. Alan thought it was a little unnecessary since Red was a mystic dragon after all, and odds were we wouldn’t meet up with any unexpected trouble. We left the note anyway, and brought our weapons with us. Almost seven years ago we had a run in with some Adamantine Golems. Back then I only used my hands and feet as weapons. My hands hurt for days from that fight, while Alan and Tk came out virtually uninjured. Thanks to that, Daniel taught me how to shoot, (With a bow of course. There are no guns or gunpowder on this planet, thank goodness.) and my own mother taught me how to use a spear. My own spear Valiant, is a little something like Destiny. It can be called when I need it, and sent away with a snap of my fingers. There really isn’t anything special about my bow. (Doesn’t even have a name yet as it isn’t enchanted.) Just your normal everyday bow, with your normal everyday arrows. I enchant the arrows myself. It’s easy, but is time, and energy consuming. I never bother unless I’m positive I’ll need them later.

After we grabbed our weapons, Tk and I changed into our bathing suits. I definitely did not appreciate them at first. They were both two piece bikinis, and were much more revealing then our full body wool bathing suits. I wouldn’t have minded that much if it wasn’t one of Alan’s friends who bought them for us. His name is Draco Algean, and he’s a notorious ladies man. If it had been Alan, he probably would have bought them because they were easier for us to swim in, and not just to see Tk and I half-naked. The two of us made a huge fuss of it at first, but gave in eventually. Those bathing suits are actually easier to swim in.

The three of us left right for Mt. Lazarus after we got dressed. Tk and I were in bathing suits, and Alan in street clothes. Something was telling me to talk to him about that, but I decided not to. I was sure he was wearing something to swim in.
Mt. Lazarus is really a live volcano. It hasn’t erupted for centuries, and wizards from every race say it won’t erupt for centuries to come. Apparently people don’t trust wizards about volcanoes. Not a single person lives on Mt. Lazarus, although people visit all the time. I on the other hand, would take my chances and make a home there. The entire mountain is covered in a Pine forest. There are fish filled lakes, and animals are everywhere. Wolves, raccoons, deer, birds, and even the occasional bear occupy the forest. The mountain is tall, over 20,000 feet to give you an idea.
Every winter it snows on the mountain. It’s beautiful to see that everything is blanketed in white. The winter doesn’t stop people from coming even though Mt. Lazarus is known for avalanches. Alan, Tk, and I, are some of them. We’ve had the biggest snowball fights every recorded up there. Of course winter is the best time of year to climb the mountain too. The view from the top is breathtaking in the winter. No, let me correct myself, all year round. It seems like the entire world is below you. The entire world is tiny. Houses look like ants from that height, and you can’t even make out people. Of course I’m used to seeing things like this all the time, (I do fly everyday.) but the view is still extraordinary.

We landed at our favorite spot on Mt. Lazarus. The largest lake is a hot spring. Quentin took us there to swim when we were six. We’ve been coming back ever since. As soon as we arrived Alan went over to the grass and sat down. “Aren’t you getting in?” I asked. I was a waste of my time asking that question. I already knew the answer. “Nope.” Alan replied. “I promised I would come. Not that I would swim.”
“Krystal don’t bother trying to get him in the water.” Tk said. “Now’s your chance ask him!”
“Now?” I asked.
“Yes now.” Tk answered. She gave me friendly push toward her brother. We had talked about this for days before Alan had got back. “No need to hold back now is there?” she whispered.

------------------
Old 07-25-2001, 05:13 PM   #8
kiwidoc
Zhentarim Guard

RedBlue Flare - can you send me a copy of the whole document. I like to print longer stories and read them where I can sit comfortsably and take the whole thing in.

I would really appreciate it love - send it to jude@judyhope.co.uk

------------------
There is only one kiwidoc, accept no substitutes

STANDARD OPERATING PROCEEDURE
www.judyhope.co.uk
THE ABYSS - FREE FORM ROLEPLAYING
http://pub76.ezboard.com/btheabyss40673
Old 07-25-2001, 10:09 PM   #9
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Well shite! Never noticed this thread until now! And it is late my way, getting ready to hit the hay, but I WILL read this tomorrow, and am duly bumping this thread!

------------------
Old 07-25-2001, 10:28 PM   #10
Moni

I love how you leave these installments with us waiting anxiously to see what is next!

Moni

------------------