Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2001, 09:54 AM   #1
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Sir Tainly!

Um sorry to post this here, but I cannot get back on msn!

Does anyone else ever encounter this problem? I will be typing away and suddenly my characters don't show on the screen. Happens in msn and in word processing afterwards! If I do it in msn, no characters show ANYWHERE else when type! The cursor works and I can change windows etc....sigh..

Anyway, Sir Tainly, I had that happen and had to reboot my pc and then couldn't sign in again!

Oh well, just wanted to say I didn't drop off in mid sentence on purpose!

Ok...just got in and you are gone. sniffle...MSN hates me!

Well, back to the grindstone!

Cloudy

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever
Old 06-06-2001, 09:57 AM   #2
Sir_Tainly

S'ok same thing happened to me straight after, but I'm back now

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF and part time Pinguindiebjäger

Old 06-06-2001, 10:05 AM   #3
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Sometimes when your comp slows down the text takes longer to appear after each keystroke maybe thats what happened?

------------------

BOW TO THE BISCUIT KING AND HIS THRONE OF SCONE!!!

[This message has been edited by caleb (edited 06-06-2001).]
Old 06-06-2001, 10:51 AM   #4
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

actually NONE shows up at all...and it happens when I switch to word processors too! I wonder if I hit a weird combination of keys or something?

CB

------------------
Storm-Queen
Heart Mind Soul Forever
Old 06-06-2001, 11:38 AM   #5
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

The only thing somewhat similar that happens to me quite frequently while on MSN is that the keyboard locks up. But that happens only when I am typing a rather long "post" , which is not that unusual with my IMing "style" ( Cb, I have seen that big grin of yours ! ). Then I just hit the return button to send the unfinished bit and after that everything is back to normal. Looks almost as if MSN was operating with a rather small "cache memory" and cannot process any input after that has been filled up.

Nice to see you again, btw, Sir Tainly !

------------------
So long !

R³ - new, much improved signature under construction !

Old 06-06-2001, 11:41 AM   #6
Sir_Tainly

You too, hows it going, I thought you fallen into the black hole of cyberspace

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF and part time Pinguindiebjäger

Old 06-06-2001, 11:47 AM   #7
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon:
The only thing somewhat similar that happens to me quite frequently while on MSN is that the keyboard locks up. But that happens only when I am typing a rather long "post" , which is not that unusual with my IMing "style" ( Cb, I have seen that big grin of yours ! ). Then I just hit the return button to send the unfinished bit and after that everything is back to normal. Looks almost as if MSN was operating with a rather small "cache memory" and cannot process any input after that has been filled up.

Nice to see you again, btw, Sir Tainly !
Hi Ramon! Is your connection speed all fixed? I haven't heard from you in ages! Somebody or somebodies have stolen you off! You, do long posts and IM's? NO! I do love your email...sigh...

Yes, msn has a short memory for your messages. Well for YOUR messages! LOL I have had that trouble occasionally. But this problem I had to day is one I've had a few times before. NOTHING shows up, even in a new message box. I just can't get the type to show....

CB

------------------
Storm-Queen
Heart Mind Soul Forever
Old 06-06-2001, 11:50 AM   #8
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Come to think of it, Cb, maybe he was the one running away ! You do have that effect on young innocent boys like us sometimes ...

And oh, btw, you gals can try as hard as you want to be fluffy, you Cb at least, know well who is the fluffiest of us all - and has already been for a very long time ...

------------------
So long !

Old 06-06-2001, 12:05 PM   #9
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir_Tainly:
You too, hows it going, I thought you fallen into the black hole of cyberspace

Well, I kind of had fallen into the black hole of cyberspace ! And making my way back up took ages operating on a 14.4 modem. Now I am back to ISDN and should be operating at DSL speed and on a nice $ 22 a month flatrate soon. As soon as German Telecom starts to realize that it does not do much good sending all the necessary hardware equipment for DSL, but not that little letter with the data/password to operate it ! Other than that, I am fine, but I should be doing a difficult translating job right now instead of posting here.

------------------
So long !

Old 06-06-2001, 12:08 PM   #10
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Hey Ramon! Whazzup? Glad to see your back...caleb, love the changes to the sig...Cloudy, still msning at work (sigh) I'm starting to think you do it in your sleep. Then again, if Donut is right ....

BK

------------------

The Black Storm Cloud of the Night
Consort to a Queen
Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way
Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons
Heart, Mind, and Soul
Offical Wizard and Warrior Questioner

()xxxxxxx{}:::::::::::::::>