Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2001, 03:51 PM   #11
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Well, the American version is pretty rough from what I've seen and like I said I only watched it once. It is just so cut throat. I like game shows; watch "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" occasionally. But that is totally different from "The Weakest Link." They was another on her for a while playing teams against each other, but within the team you tried to get rid of people, only one person could win. I didn't like it either. Team members knifing each other in the back so they could win. REAL competition I like, but I don't think this kind of thing is that. Just my opinion. And I rarely watch TV anyway.

------------------
O_H_F

Old 05-28-2001, 03:56 PM   #12
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Psychedelic Buttafly:
I dont mean to be arguementitive jerome BUT WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONARE!!! had a huge advertising campaign. TV adverts, newspapers, billboards, radio, etc!!!! And thats why so many people first viewed the programme before it came sucessful because the aspect of winning a million was a one in a lifetime opportunity and that wot made it sucessful!!!!!1
It did?
Must of slept through that one......

------------------
Old 05-28-2001, 03:58 PM   #13
Rikard

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Jerome, I can see your point, but in Dutch quizzes, most contestants are so abominably stupid!!! So they do not need to be humiliated, because they're doing a fine job of it themselves!!
We have a precious few very good quizzes with erudite contestants whom I often deeply admire for their knowledge, and then there are a whole buch of other shows with easy questions and people silly enough to get even those wrong

How True
anyway we got this game in holland too
name "de zwakste schakel"
literly translated to:
The weakest link
what a supprize

------------------

Help me create A Fantasy Realm with your imagination

Old 05-28-2001, 04:18 PM   #14
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
What do think of the television programme the weakest link. In my opinion it is over rated and a pretty pathetic programme(this is only what i think).See that Ann Robinson is she not a cheeky bitch or what?I would like to hit her over the head with a baseball bat on that show or give her some of her only medicine!!!! Wot is your opinion of this programme and would like to do the same to Ann!!! I'd espcially like to here those opinions of you Americans out there as i heard that it has recently been just televised on American TV!!!!

I love the show, I love Anne Robinson, I should HATE to be on the show!
The people who go on KNOW what they are letting themselves in for! If they are mug enough to do it for a measly few thousand pounds, more fool them! How so many of them can complain about it when they lose beats me! After all, they CHOSE to do it, lol! No-one pushed 'em!

------------------

Old 05-28-2001, 04:21 PM   #15
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
I dont mean to be arguementitive jerome BUT WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONARE!!! had a huge advertising campaign. TV adverts, newspapers, billboards, radio, etc!!!! And thats why so many people first viewed the programme before it came sucessful because the aspect of winning a million was a one in a lifetime opportunity and that wot made it sucessful!!!!!1
Never liked WWTBAM. Boooooorrrrriiiinnngg!

------------------

Old 05-28-2001, 04:45 PM   #16
jabidas
Silver Dragon

the wwtbam game was number one in England for christmass how god awful is that everytime i see chris tarrant go through his ''are you sure'' routine I want to be sick.
Does anyone else find the constant lighting and painful dramatic music annoying?

------------------
Old 05-28-2001, 06:53 PM   #17
Gaelic
Elminster

The "jokes" on weakest link are, at best, weak. They are dry and unimaginative. I have watched 7 or 8 times and she gets, maybe, one "good one" in per hour. It wears thin, it's boring. However, I have no moral problem with it.

------------------
Gaelic
Old 05-28-2001, 06:57 PM   #18
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

Who can watch tv when we're on here all the time or playing a rpg game? I have seen it once, it is very cutthroat and Ann seems to be the big entertainment.

------------------

Seeker of Truth
Old 05-28-2001, 08:06 PM   #19
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

I'd like to stick a box of questions up her damned face and see if she gets any of them right.

But it IS rather hilarious though. A woman didn't know who wrote HAMLET (HAHAHAHA!)

And as for who wants to be a millionaire - it WAS No.1 here in England (TV Awards) but that program has become so monotonous and boring that I'd rather nip to Eastenders instead (BBC1)
Old 05-28-2001, 08:09 PM   #20
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Gaelic:
The "jokes" on weakest link are, at best, weak. They are dry and unimaginative. I have watched 7 or 8 times and she gets, maybe, one "good one" in per hour. It wears thin, it's boring. However, I have no moral problem with it.

Quote:
"Who's jam has run out on their doughnut?" =

Seriously DRY Joke

------------------

Greetings Mortals. My Name Is Wah, Arch Lich Wah.