Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2001, 06:23 PM   #101
BLKCat
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Welcome BLKCat!

Do you have cats? I'm a cat person, in addition to the gaming thing! Got two orange ones and black/grey tabby at the moment.

Wallpaper with game boxes...now there's a novel decorating idea!

Cloudbringer
Self-Appointed Welcome Wagon of The Ironworks Forum
Keeper of the LoA (somebody had to have the keys!)

Hi Cloudbringer... sorry for the long delay in replying! Thank you for the welcome and yes, I have cats... two right now... a silver tabby and a black one (no surprise there I think! *laughing*). I love cats, and find them much easier to get along with than people sometimes. They never mind when I sit at the computer for hours, just as long as they can sit in my lap!
Old 04-04-2001, 06:24 PM   #102
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Wow! 4 pages! This thread has reaaally taken off!
So far, the proportion of posters is 11 Male, 17 Female

Are the men not posting, or are there actually MORE women gamers than men? That'd make the RPG companies sit up!

------------------
Smile! Life is too short for bitching!

Fljotsdale
Old 04-04-2001, 06:33 PM   #103
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
Wow! 4 pages! This thread has reaaally taken off!
So far, the proportion of posters is 11 Male, 17 Female

Are the men not posting, or are there actually MORE women gamers than men? That'd make the RPG companies sit up!
LOL...well F, I know of a few who said they just don't want to 'intrude' on the ladies of the board in their thread...but they are LURKING! LOL

I can roust 'em if you want 'em...teehee...but give them some more time, they can be *whispers conspiratorially* kind of slow!

Cloudy

------------------

Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Old 04-04-2001, 06:35 PM   #104
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

Make that 18 females please. . .I am a grandma from Ohio, very female and all four of my sons think I am cool because I can get them out of the toughest situations they can get into in Duke Nukem (that goes for the Star Wars series, Doom, etc.). I play on "Damn I'm Good". I love Wizards and Warriors and recently bought it for my daughter who lives in California. I think the WW forum is the best place on the net to find good friends and good entertainment.
Nice to meet everyone here too!

Mammawlin

------------------
mammaw's know all, see all, tell nothing
Old 04-04-2001, 06:35 PM   #105
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by BLKCat:
Hi Cloudbringer... sorry for the long delay in replying! Thank you for the welcome and yes, I have cats... two right now... a silver tabby and a black one (no surprise there I think! *laughing*). I love cats, and find them much easier to get along with than people sometimes. They never mind when I sit at the computer for hours, just as long as they can sit in my lap!
One of mine, Merlin (orange boy) is very jealous of my keyboard. If I spend too much time typing he climbs up ONTO the keyboard to be adored! LOL Real pain when I'm playing multi-player BG2 ! HAHAHAHA!

CloudKitten

------------------

Storm-Queen
Old 04-04-2001, 06:40 PM   #106
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by mammawlin:
Make that 18 females please. . .I am a grandma from Ohio, very female and all four of my sons think I am cool because I can get them out of the toughest situations they can get into in Duke Nukem (that goes for the Star Wars series, Doom, etc.). I play on "Damn I'm Good". I love Wizards and Warriors and recently bought it for my daughter who lives in California. I think the WW forum is the best place on the net to find good friends and good entertainment.

Mammawlin

Mammawlin,

Welcome to General Discussions, then! I am so impressed with how many woman are over there in W &W !!! Wow! I really am going to have to check that game out!

You're a grandmother? Do the grandkids play or are they too young for crpgs yet? ! What a cool thing to have a mom or grandmom who encourages that kind of play!

Cloudbringer

------------------

Storm-Queen
Old 04-04-2001, 06:41 PM   #107
Fljotsdale

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
[B] LOL...well F, I know of a few who said they just don't want to 'intrude' on the ladies of the board in their thread...but they are LURKING! LOL

I can roust 'em if you want 'em...teehee...but give them some more time, they can be *whispers conspiratorially* kind of slow!
/B]
Yeah! Roust 'em out! Even though it WILL mean we get outnumbered! We need 'em to post so that we get a reasonably accurate ratio. Tell 'em to stop LURKING and get up front!

------------------

Fljotsdale
Old 04-04-2001, 06:45 PM   #108
Fljotsdale

Quote:
Originally posted by mammawlin:

Mammawlin

Hi Mammamawlin! 18 it is! Nice to meet another Grandma. I must have a look at Wizards and Warriors!

------------------

Fljotsdale
Old 04-04-2001, 06:47 PM   #109
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Hi Throg, you wouldnt be one of those Green Martians would you? If so I'm running cause it might be mating season But a Red Martian.....heehee, I noticed your from Barsoom, hows the internet connection?

[This message has been edited by Lord of Alcohol (edited 04-04-2001).]
Old 04-04-2001, 06:50 PM   #110
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Cloudy, does this mean I'm a "Keptman" now?