Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2003, 04:37 AM   #1
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

I have 2 questions.

1- I heard about it's possible to beat the game with a non-magic fighter type but I like to use the benefit of magic I mean levitate, fly etc how much magic should I use?? I'm thinking about alteration, mystisim (teleport is a must) and restoration. Conjuration is not necessary Enchanting can be made with other NPC's and it's a trouble skill. Herbalism lots of work. do you agree?

2- I'm undecided about armor I'll sneak a lot but I can sneak even with heavy armor so heavy armor sounds good. or light? but light armors are weak anr rare?
I can feel the touch of wind on my face. Strong wind was slapping my face. I can feel the ground shake. The sky roars with vengeance and fury. From the shadows, I heard the Archmage's words:"İbne Fenner!" And then..I can't remember the rest..
Zoltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 06:04 AM   #2
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

1. In this game, you can be anything you want. if you like the skill. take it then. ther's nobody stopping you. actually Herbalism or Alchemy in this game is good because you can know the ingredient properties and since you want magic you might as well take alchemy so that you can make restore magicka potion.

2. depends on you, I can still successfully sneak even with heavy armor. light armor is good too though they don't give you much armor rating but they are light and thus you can carry more stuff in your inventory. light armor is not rare if you know where to look. the best heavy armor on the contarary in rare.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 08:22 AM   #3
HammerHead
Zhentarim Guard

If you want to make a pure fighter, then do it. You can allways get items enchanted with levitate, mark, recall and the intervention spells or you can buy scrolls. Restoration though is nice to have as major or minor skill, as you need to heal or restore attributes regularly.
Enchanting is not necessery, but you must remember the lower your enchantment skill is, the longer it takes to recharge your items.

I use use heavy armor on my current character and sneaking works well, but heavy armor is... well very heavy. [img]smile.gif[/img]

C

[ 04-30-2003, 08:23 AM: Message edited by: HammerHead ]
Old 04-30-2003, 11:15 PM   #4
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

S-P-O-I-L-E-R for Character creation How to become a BATTLEMAGE
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
So far I beat the main Quest with three different characters.
1st time Mage/thief, Wood Elf
2nd time Fighter, Breton
3rd time Battle Mage, Redguard this was the best character I've played because you become very powerful with magic and still use Armor and some very power swords and other weapons.
to become a Battlemage you have to answer the ten Questions like below
Answer Questions 1-10 as follows;

A-1 Do not interfere in the natural evolution of events,but rather take the opportunity to learn more about a strange animal that you have never seen before?

A-2 work in the forge with him casting iron for a new plow?

A-3 Beat up your cousin, then tell him that if he ever calls you that nickname again, you will bloody him worse than this time.

A-4 this is A terrible practice. A person's thoughts are his own and no one, not even a king, has the right to make such an invasion into another humans mind.

A-5 Decide to put the extra money to good use and purchase items that would help your family.

A-6 Leave the bag there, knowing that it is better not to get involved.

A-7 ask him to help you, knowing that two people can do the job faster than one,and agree to help him with one task of his choosing in the future.

A-8 Grab the hot pipe and try to push it away.

A-9 Give him the sweetroll now without argument, knowing that later this aftrenoon you will have all your friends with you you and can come and take whatever he owes you.

A-10 stand aside and allow the man and mob to pass, realizing that it is probably best not to get involved.

as far as birth signs take the "Tower" it gives you a +50 to open locks.

I really liked using the Redguard for A number of reasons #1 is he has a strenght of 50 to start #2 the redguard are accepted by everyone as the Nerevarine and when I played the Brenton I had alot of trouble at times and #3 he is a great fighter and can be a very powerful Mage. Join the Mage Guild first and the fighters guild second and you'll have one hell of a Battlemage.
I'll let you find out the other Benifits for yourself.
Old 05-01-2003, 01:09 AM   #5
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Crimsonblade I actually have a better idea here. If you want to become a battlemage then just pick it from the list.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 01:12 AM   #6
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I have a better idea for the sign, since you are a battlemage, you'll need magicka to cast those spells right? then choose a sign that gives bonus to your magicka like The Apperentice which give bonus to magicka x 1.5.
Old 05-01-2003, 01:19 AM   #7
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Kakero the downside is that apprentice makes you super vulnerable to magicka as well. Also tower doesn't give a +50 bonus to lock picking it just lets you pick locks up to level 50 or something like that maybe once a day at most.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 01:29 AM   #8
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Firestormalpha, the weakness to magicka -50% is just a small fish. throughout your adventures, you will find things that gives protection to magicka. so this will counter the -50% thing. and when your character got stronger when leveling up. you'll laugh at what the enemies magic do to you.

when you want to choose sign, choose one where the bonus will last you throughout the game. don't choose one where it will only last for a short while.
Old 05-01-2003, 02:50 AM   #9
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

like lady.

There's only 2 great sign. First one is APRENTICE which gives you 1.5 magicka bonus and the other is warrior sign which gives you +10 damage it's really overpowered
I can feel the touch of wind on my face. Strong wind was slapping my face. I can feel the ground shake. The sky roars with vengeance and fury. From the shadows, I heard the Archmage's words:"İbne Fenner!" And then..I can't remember the rest..
Zoltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 06:30 PM   #10
Rageheart
Emerald Dragon

i liked the steed because you get to go faster and don't waste your time runnign everywhere so slowly