Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2002, 02:33 PM   #1
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

HELP!!

I've gotten caught in neopets.com and can't get out!!

What is that, you ask? It's a virtual pet RPG site which I was innocently checking out as a place for my son to play when I got hooked, and I do mean HOOKED!!

I started out innocently enough. I made myself a pet Scorchie (a little dragon, duh!) and was learning to play some of the games and slowly raising neopoints ($$) to buy, well I don't know something.
Now I'm addicted!

I do still check here FIRST when I load up my internet connection in the morning but then it is off to Neopets to see what I can do and learn today!

If any of you are so foolish as to head over there and give it a try, my handle is bjmaiee. Drop me a neomail and we can become neofriends in a neoinstant! I can teach you the neoropes and help you earn lots of neopoints so you can have the same dilemia I have - what to spend it on! Oh dear!

There is even a BATTLEDOME for those of you who must have some fighting. Me? I haven't tried that yet. I'm enchanted with the Shop Wizard and making $$.

Wyv

Maybe I should ask Ziroc to set up a Neopets forum! LOL!

IT'S DANGEROUS!!!!!
Old 07-04-2002, 02:51 PM   #2
WillowIX
Apophis

This sounds absolutely wonderful! I must check this one out! If you don´t see me for a month or two you´ll know where I am at then, lol!
Old 07-04-2002, 02:59 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

It's terribly fun!!

If you do go - do neomail me! And be wise - GOOGLE - there are a ton of neosites out there with tips and information which is well worth the search! I've got some favorites bookmarked.

We could even make our own W&W guild over there! lol!!

Faeries pop out every now and then and give you a quest (you just have to find an item for them, but you can't use the shop wizard to look for it - that's when you really need a neofriend to help out!).

Ghosts come and steal some neopoints from you to put it on the Money Tree (you're supposed to be able to get freebies at the tree by clicking on the item, but I've never managed it. Everything is gone in an instant!)

oooooooooo it is a very dangerous place!!!
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2002, 03:05 PM   #4
WillowIX
Apophis

They´re so darn cute!!! I´ve created my first pet! YAY! lol! A blue little thing that´s all smiles!!!
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2002, 03:18 PM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Ooooo You're in trouble now!!! LOL!!!
Old 07-04-2002, 03:20 PM   #6
WillowIX
Apophis

And don´t I know it, lol!!! Right now I´m playing the Faerie caves with my daughter, lol! I think it´s time we buy her a computer of her own so I can have my new cutie for myself, lol!

[ 07-04-2002, 03:27 PM: Message edited by: WillowIX ]
Old 07-04-2002, 06:00 PM   #7
BrandonL
Manshoon

Grins

Heheh, I've been there waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aay before I came here, and yes, it is addictive like you said.
BrandonL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2002, 06:05 PM   #8
Loumistro
Drizzt Do'Urden

I guess I am going to check it out to. I hope I don't get too adicted.
Old 07-05-2002, 03:31 AM   #9
WillowIX
Apophis

Be warned Loumistro! I had to pry my daughter from the computer so she could jump in to bed!
Old 07-05-2002, 11:00 AM   #10
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Yesterday I sold a Stuffed Penupe that I had bought at the Tropical Food shop for about 2000 neopoints for 77,000 neopoints! Boggling! It is a rare item (and I was lucky to be able to buy it with only a modem connection) but, believe it or not, my price was considerably lower than everyone elses'. The average price for this item in players' stores was 90K. Only took a few days to sell it unlike some of the items I try to buy for my shop that sell like hotcakes.

You can train your pets to improve all their stats. You can join the Gourmet Club and raise your rank by eating rare foods. You can get awards for reading the most books! There are treasure maps to be collected that allow you to go to new areas that others cannot visit. There are lots of different games to play and you can win trophies for many of them. There is a ton of different things to do and they keep changing and updating the world so it does not become boring.

I'm in major trouble! lol!!!

(if you check my shop, you'll see that I have Red there! )