Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2003, 01:56 PM   #1
ratchild
Manshoon

Has anyone else ever found any other hidden items like the improved mace of disruption? I had never read anything about that, but my friend was telling me about it, and i'll definitely get it this time.
Old 05-23-2003, 02:02 PM   #2
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by ratchild:
Has anyone else ever found any other hidden items like the improved mace of disruption? I had never read anything about that, but my friend was telling me about it, and i'll definitely get it this time.
Improved MoD is not hidden. You forge it...
But yes i did:Flail Of Ages

[ 05-23-2003, 02:03 PM: Message edited by: Xen ]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 02:18 PM   #3
ratchild
Manshoon

hehe... I'd never seen it on any walk through anywhere, even here from what i can recall. However, is there SPOILER!!!!!

still a way to make the church and the artist happy while still being able to create the improved mace?
Old 05-23-2003, 02:35 PM   #4
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

Nope. There's no way to make everybody happy in the Sir Sarles quest. Either you keep the item, or you give the item.
Old 05-23-2003, 03:26 PM   #5
Sparhawk
Quintesson

SPOIL
It doesnŽt really matter...try giving the fake ore to Sir Sarless and keep the real one for the mace...UŽll see...
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 03:48 PM   #6
vesselle
Hathor

well... yes. there is.

spoiler
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
get "fake" ore from the girl ore merchant.
give "fake" ore to the artist, who is so full of himself, he can't tell the difference. giggle while he goes on and on about the wonders of the ore and how discerning an eye he has for purity.
keep the real ore for your mace. [img]smile.gif[/img]

ps: just make sure you don't have the real and fake ores on you at the same time. and don't improve your mace till after you give the artist the fake stuff.
otherwise, you'll get caught out.

V***V

[ 05-23-2003, 03:51 PM: Message edited by: vesselle ]
Old 05-23-2003, 04:11 PM   #7
Raistlin Majere
Ra

i think the improved mace of disruption is indeed a hidden item! i only found out about it like 2 months ago, and ive been playing this game for quite a long time now(played through with just about every class except druid). just didnt really occur to me that the ore could actually be used for something else... i also thought that the elephant hide could have been fashioned into some armor because of its description.

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Raistlin Majere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 04:26 PM   #8
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

What amazes me about this game is that every time you play it you discover something new... [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 04:37 PM   #9
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Pirengle:
Nope. There's no way to make everybody happy in the Sir Sarles quest. Either you keep the item, or you give the item.
What I mean is, there's no way to make both you AND Sir Sarles happy. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-23-2003, 05:09 PM   #10
dulouz
Manshoon

But who really cares about the hapiness of that worthless bag of bones. If you want to make someone happy, the fake ore can still be given to the church. My question is, can you kill Sir Sarles? It would be fun to bash him with the Improved Mace of Disruption, to show him the finer qualities of Illithium or whatever it is called.

If you have the Mace with you and you talked to the guy who runs the forge at the docks, does he say that if you had the ore he could improve the mace? I don't recall. If not, then its definately a "hidden" weapon.
dulouz is offline   Reply With Quote