Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2001, 10:35 PM   #11
Conan

I have been reading your posts Redblueflare.. Alan might never get over his stubborness and it will always keep him from really reaching out in the end. I would love for you to clue me in on more of how the relationships are bound together.
I am not a very good writer myself, but see that you can lead me around in your works like a dog on a leash. I get something different everytime I read your writing. Keeping me off kilter just a enough to wind around a couple of times. Thanks for your hard work!

------------------
*\Conan/*

Old 07-26-2001, 09:33 AM   #12
Redblueflare
Galvatron

Thanks everyone!!! I would've posted again today, but there's a slight problem. I forgot my disc! The only time I can even get on the net is at work, since it takes so freaking long at my house. (You guys don't have to dial 60 times!) I'll post tommorow do. And i'll make sure to send you the entire thing Kiwidoc.

------------------
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just don't have to listen.
Old 08-10-2001, 12:30 PM   #13
Redblueflare
Galvatron

I've been busy since Ironworks has been down. My story has jumped from 19 to 33 pages! So I have *plenty* to post. As usual any suggestions are welcomed!I hesitated. “Go on.” Tk said. “I’m not used to seeing you hold back when you have something to say.”
“But what if he says...”
“Go.” Tk interrupted pushing me a little harder.

I landed on the ground then, and walked towards Alan. His eyes were closed so I knew he was thinking about something.
“Don’t you come any closer.” Alan warned. I ignored him and walked closer anyway. Tk was right. I had something to say, so I might as well say it.
Alan vaulted onto his feet. “Don’t tickle me.” He said.
“Calm down.” I’m not going to bother you, at least not right now.” I understood why he was so agitated. When he did something just to get on my nerves (Like refusing to get into the water.) tickling him was ample punishment.
“Good.”
“I would like to talk to you.” I said sweetly. I took hold of his hands and pulled him down with me.
“Yeah?” he asked.
“I’ve already told you about the party coming up.” I began.
“Not this again!” Alan exclaimed.
“Yes this again.” I murmured. “I wanted to know if you would got with me.”
“The two of us together?”
I nodded. “Yes together.”
“Technically don’t we always go together?” Alan asked.
“Yes, but we never dance or do anything. Once we go inside the ballroom I never see you again.”
“So?” he asked.
Now I knew he was deliberately avoiding giving me a direct answer, and just to bother me. “So do you want to go with me or not?” I asked. I didn’t bother to hide the fact that he was irritating me.
“I can’t dance.” Alan replied.
“I can teach you. The party is in three days. That’s plenty of time.”
“Three days?” Alan asked in disbelief. “You sure that’s enough time?”
‘Plenty.” I assured him. “You’re a fast learner.”
Alan paused to think about that. “In that case of course I’ll go with you.” He finally said. “Actually I was looking forward to it.” He sounded sincere enough. His eyes were light green now, so I knew he was.
“Oh really?” I asked. “You sure didn’t seem interested this morning.”
“Really.” He replied.
“How sweet.” I said. I leaned over to give him a kiss on the cheek. “Two days.” I whispered to him.
“What?”
“You’ll have your first dancing lesson in two days.” I explained.
“That’s the day before the party!” Alan protested.
“And we’ll do it at night so no one can see.”
“Krystal….” Alan began.
I put my finger to his lips to silence him. “Don’t worry, I’m sure you will only need one lesson. Trust me.”

Tk ran over to us. She was followed by our guardians, all three of them. “Tk filled us in.” Snowball said through telepathy. “So what did he say?” All four of them asked simultaneously.
“Not now.” I told them all. “Alan will hear.” The person were trying to block out (Which was Alan right now.) would eventually hear what you were saying. (Or thinking, call it what you like.) “Let’s talk about something else for now.”
“Back so soon?” Alan asked right on cue. “Don’t tell me you found something to eat that quickly.”
“Are you kidding?” Flare asked. He went into gruesome detail of what he had had for breakfast. So detailed that he soon had my stomach churning. After awhile I stopped listening and thought about things more pleasant.
I wondered why I decided to ask Alan out. The thought had crossed my mind before, but I had never taken it seriously until now. The more I thought about it, the more obvious the reason became. No that can’t be it. I thought to myself. I didn’t feel that way about Alan. Or did I? I had to admit the idea of the two of us alone at night, did make me blush just thinking about it. I’m in denial. I told myself finally. Now there was another question. Did he feel the same way about me? I would’ve asked him right then and there. I needed some time to sort out my own feelings. In two days we’d be alone under the perfect surroundings. Until then my question could wait.

“Something troubling you Krystal?” Red asked out loud. “Other than the obvious?” He glanced in Flare’s direction.
“Yes.” I whispered. “It’s Alan.”
“Don’t you think you should talk about this with Tk?” Red asked. “I’m sure she’d be more help.” He winked at me and then said. “You must have a death wish spending all your time with Alan.”
All of us, even Flare, went silent and stared at Red in surprise.
“What?” Red asked. “I was just kidding.”
“Is talking about me your idea of a fun?” Alan asked.
“As a matter of fact, yes it is actually.” Red said with another wink. “Let’s go chat over there shall we?” He flew into the air, and turned back towards us. “Aren’t you two coming?” He asked Flare and Snowball. They followed him too, leaving Tk and I alone to talk.
“If I didn’t know better I’d say he did that on purpose.” Tk told me in disbelief.
“He did.” I said with a giggle.

“From the look on your face. Alan must have said yes!” Tk told me in excitement. “I know he’ll be able to enjoy himself now.” She added.
“I’ll make sure of it.” I said.
“I bet you will.” Tk said giggling. “Tell me this.” She continued suddenly serious. “Why did you decide to ask him?”
“Tk, I think I’ve fallen in love with your brother.” I blurted out.
“That’s what I thought.” Tk told me. “But I wanted to hear you say it.”
“How did you know?” I asked.
“Oh… little things.” She answered mysteriously. “Have you told Alan how you feel?”
“Not yet.” I told her. “I have no idea if he feels the same way about me.” There was no way to be sure, or so I thought.
“He does.” Tk assured me. “He’s head over heels for you. Haven’t you noticed the way he looks at you?”
“No!” I exclaimed. “Since when did you start seeing all this?” I couldn’t believe it! So Alan did care for me. Tk would have never said such a thing unless she was sure.
“So when are you going to tell him?” Tk asked.
“In two days.” I told her. “I can wait that long.”
“The day before the party?” Tk asked “Why then?”
Chapter 7
Cashera
“Just what the heck are you two talking about?” Alan asked from behind us. I nearly jumped out of my skin. “Don’t do that!” I said sternly.
“You scared the heck out of us.” Tk added with a sigh of relief.
“Sorry.” Alan answered.
“We were just talking about the party.” Tk said. It was close enough to the truth.
“Oh. Your parents better come back soon. You know how your mother is about decorations.”
I sighed. “I know.” For some reason my mother hated using magic to decorate for anything. Whatever the occasion was my mother had to decorate normally. Daniel was exactly the same way. The two of them always had one thing to say when you complained. “It’s more fun this way!” If my mother and Daniel weren’t always there helping us I wouldn’t have understood what they meant. Those two could make pulling your own teeth seem fun. (I’m exaggerating and I know it.)

------------------
Old 08-11-2001, 07:33 AM   #14
Redblueflare
Galvatron

Bump

------------------
Old 08-11-2001, 08:42 AM   #15
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

C'mon fellas, read this! It's pretty cool.

I might not have been posting to them, but I have been reading them. The summary helped, and thanks for letting us know who the narrator was. I like the different perspectives each narrator provides to the story.

------------------
Old 08-13-2001, 11:00 AM   #16
Redblueflare
Galvatron

Thanks Memnoch! I thought the perspective change would show a differences between everyone. It will change between four people. (Five maybe.) It keeps the story interesting. I've got a whole lot to post. So any replies would be appreciated. If you read some of it please reply. At least I know *someone* read it!

"Shouldn’t we go ahead and buy decorations?” Alan asked.
“You’re right we should.” I told him. By the time mother gets back she won’t have time to do it herself. But where would we look?” I asked him.
“We could all take a trip to the ma…” He stopped suddenly, but I already knew what he was going to say. “I’ve been in that other dimension to long.” He said laughing, and soon all of us joined in. “Alright you guys are going to have to give me a little time to get into the swing of things.” Alan added.
“We know.” Tk said wiping the tears from her eyes.
“I’m sure there has to be a shop that sells decorations.’ I said. “Mother has to get them from somewhere.”
“We’re not doing anything.” Alan complained. “Lets go looking.”
“You want to go shopping?” I asked amazed.
“Better than listening to some idiot talk about food.” He replied.
“Hey…” Flare began.
“I was just kidding.” Alan said. “So that settles it then lets go.”
“With us dressed like this?” Tk asked. “We’ll go back to the castle first.”

“You’re going to wear that?” Red asked when I came out of my room.
“What’s wrong with this?” I asked. I was wearing a red dress. It went all the way down to my ankles. White rose patterns were all over the dress. I also had a silk scarf with the exact same color and pattern that I wrapped around my waist. The dress wouldn’t stay on any other way. Other than that there was nothing special about it.
“We’re going to a shop, not a fashion show.”
“Ha ha.” I said. I hadn’t intended to get that dress. I grabbed the first thing I saw, and the dress just happened to be it.
“Besides it looks tight on you. It hugs your curves to much.”
Tight? I wondered. I had to use that scarf just to keep the dress around my waist. Something told me the dragon was out to bother me and was doing a darn good job of doing so. I went inside my room to change again. This time I came out with my usual outfit, red leggings that went all the way up to my waist, a white shirt with a red vest over it, and gloves with the fingers missing. “Better?” I asked him when I opened the door.
“A little bit.” Red said. That twinkle was in his fiery eyes again. “You’ve got a thing for red don’t you?”
“Listen you...” I began. I bit my lip to keep from laughing at the whole thing. “Everything will be closed if we don’t get going.”
“Ah, but I bet any shop will be more than willing to open for their lovely princess.” Red commented.
“Thanks.” I said. “But I’d rather they be open. Lets go.”

“No balloons.” Alan muttered. “You can’t have a party without balloons.”
I rolled my eyes. “Which is my point exactly. We’re having a ball not a party.”
“Would you shut up about the balloons!” Tk said laughing. “What is with you and balloons?”
“I just like balloons.” Alan said smiling.
“Forget the balloons.” Tk answered. “Why waste time complaining about something you can’t have?”
All six of us were in Cashera, the capital of Kenton. Cashera is the one of the largest cities in the entire world. Cashera is built in the shape of a diamond. It is a place where all of the world’s goodly races mingle. Including the Humans, Elves, Dwarves, and Mystics. The Mystics are a cat like race of people with long tails and ears. They are very lean and nimble. I’ve seen many leap to incredible heights. Mystics are extremely fun loving and curious, and have a natural affinity for magic, as well as nature. The Icarians and the Mystics have been friendly towards one another for over a millennium. That’s a long time isn’t it?
In the east part of Cashera there are a huge section of docks. There are large wooden buildings used for storage. These are all over the place, and are guarded day and night when full. Our waters were always full of ships during the trading ships. At busy times like these, you would find at least fifty ships constantly coming back and forth. There were nearly thrice as many smaller ships, although they were mostly fishing boats. The docks are by far the oldest part of the city, and have been here for almost seven thousand years.
All the taverns and inns were in the south side of town. There were only two that I knew well. The Iron Maiden was a tavern (No, I have no idea why it’s called that.) that Alan’s father used to frequent all the time. The barkeep Adam Morgain was one of his closest friends. It’s a wooden tavern with a window on every side. There’s a huge two-handed sword with the words “The Iron Maiden.” on it. If you were downwind from the place you could just follow your nose. The smell of whiskey, mead, ale, and pipe smoke is carried through all of south side on windy days.
The other place I know well is the Red Dragon Inn. It’s a two story, red brick inn. On its roof there’s an image of a red dragon, much to Torch’s likeness. The inside is beautiful. The floors are marble, and candles and lamps are all over. There is a large stain glass window, again in Torch’s likeness. There are several flowerpots which are filled with daisies, posies, and especially lavender. There is a long red carpet that goes from the twin wooden doors up to the counter. There are several paintings. Most of them are of dragons, but there are a few of us. My favorite by far, is a picture of everyone who helped build the inn. In it are my parents and I, Alan, Tk, and their parents, the innkeepers and their only child, Torch, and several other people who you don’t know. Other than that the first story is actually more of a house. It has a kitchen, three bedrooms, and a bathroom. The Red Dragon is nearly always busy, and the two innkeepers, Merelda and Joseph Algean decided to build their house inside of it. Their son Draco is one of our closest friends. He’s two years older than all of us, and is an accomplished street fighter. Or was. Before Draco’s parents started the inn Draco did whatever he could to help out his family. Seven years ago his house was falling apart and his father was without a job. It didn’t take long before he realized he could fight quite well, and earn a little money doing so.
Tk caught wind of this, and she above all of us dislikes needless fighting. She decided to have a word with him. That didn’t end well. Draco was convinced he had no reason to listen to a girl two years younger than he. Tk ended up beating Draco. Which successfully ended his street-fighting career. Tk asked my father if he could give the Algean’s the gold to rebuild their house. My father always going overboard with his generosity gave them more than enough to start the inn. It wasn’t until much later, when Draco started to see Tk as a potential girlfriend. Tk is the girl of his dreams, or so he says. He’s convinced that she will someday be his wife. Unfortunately for him, his wiles and charm have proven to be ineffective against Tk. I know for a fact that she appreciates the attention he gives her.

All the houses and schools are in the west side of town. Houses look how their owners want them to look. Because of this, very few houses, if any, look alike. The west side contains my least favorite buildings, schools. I realize that we Icarians go to school much for far less time than other races. We only attend school for three years, four times less than humans in some dimensions. (Like the one Alan was stuck in.) Some of the subjects were interesting. Alchemy and history were among my favorites. Most of them though were borrowed from other dimensions. Algebra, Calculus, and Physics were among these. I wouldn’t have minded learning that stuff if I was actually going to need it. Odds were that I would never, ever, in my entire life use physics. Icarians rarely if ever go to another dimension to make a living, and even if we did, most of us wouldn’t want to go through college to put that knowledge to use.
To the north of the city are the two guilds, and council building. The fighters guild is built in the shape of a pyramid. The only name I know for it is the Beruda. The Beruda is built of a black material so shiny you’d think it was glass. I’ve never actually been in there myself, only students are allowed in. Kanon, the prime fighting instructor there, was also a close friend of Alan’s father. Other than that I don’t know much about her.
The Tower of the Magi is just as it sounds, a tower of mages. Just like the Beruda only students are allowed in. It stands about sixteen stories, perhaps a little more or less. On every story there are eight windows, one for each direction. At the top of the tower there is an onion shaped golden dome, covered with ancient runes and figures. I hope to attend someday, although I seriously doubt they’ll be able to teach me anything beyond Torch’s knowledge.
The last building is the meeting place of the Council of Nine. The Council of Nine decides on anything that is considered too important for my parents to decide alone. My parents don’t see the council as a limit on their power. They have convinced the council that their course was the right one to take. I only know a few people in the council my parents, Kanon, and Wendy and Jared Delray. Wendy and Jared brother and sister, two graduates from the Tower of the Magi. Both of Alan’s parents use to be on the council.

Last but not is the center of the city. The center contained all of the cities markets, and shops. All day long you could smell baked goods, fresh fruit, and other food. Most of the shops were open-air, while only a few were inside of buildings. You could buy anything you would wanted, as long as you came before seven p.m. At that time every shop closed their doors, or packed up, for the night. On the other hand every shop did open at seven in the morning. Twelve hours of shopping is plenty of time.
Chapter 8
Mother
The six of us walked in front of Pete Lassisters shop to see a closed sign in the window. “Pete is closed at this hour?” Alan asked. The sun was just starting to set.
As if on cue the door swung open. “Princess, I’ve been expecting you!” Pete Lassiter said when we stepped into his shop. Pete was almost seven feet tall and always wore a feathered hat over his bald head. He kept his goatee neatly shaven. “You’re mother told me you’d stop by.” He added. “She’s already picked out everything she needs.”
I had expected as much and reached for my purse.
Pete shook his head. “Don’t worry about it. She’s already paid.” He reached behind his counter and lifted six cloth bags onto it.
“All this?” Alan asked.
“All this.” Pete replied. “Hello to you too Alan! Weren’t you going to say anything to me?”
“Nope.” Alan said smiling.
Pete reached for something behind the counter, and hurled it at Alan in mock anger.
Alan was prepared for this (They two of them were old friends after all.) and caught it right out of the air. “That’s no way to treat a paying customer.” He said tossing it, which was a ball of clay back to Pete.
“Not bad.” Pete said.
“You’re coming to the party aren’t you?” Alan asked.
“Of course I’ll be there.” Pete answered. “As soon as I get this place cleaned up.”
I took a look around Pete’s shop. The place was in shambles. Racks had fallen to the floor, taking all their items down with them. Glass and other debris was everywhere and Pete’s main window had a small hole in it.
“What happened?” Tk asked.
“I opened my son’s Whirlwind in a Bottle!” Pete said laughing. “Serves me right eh!”

------------------
Old 08-14-2001, 04:16 PM   #17
Redblueflare
Galvatron

If no one reads this soon, i'll have to put a paintball gun to a RL friends head. "Read or die!!!" Well there's always Ian but he isn't back yet. Why did all my reader buddies have to leave this year? Why?! Well if any is reading this i'm still open to suggestions. As always. Please reply if you do!
“That was easy enough.” Alan said when we were got back to the castle. He went straight into the ballroom and set down the bags he was carrying. Tk and I were right behind him. “Seems as if Maria is going all out this time.”
“My parents will probably be back tomorrow.” I said thoughtfully. “If my mother bought all this she intends to use it. I hope she comes back soon…”
“Me too.” Alan said. “I’m going to bed.”
“Already?” Flare asked surprised. “The sun just went down.”
“I’m going to bed.” Alan repeated. “The sooner I do that, the sooner the party will come. Now I’m itching to go”
“Point taken.” Tk said. “I’m turning in too.”
“I guess I’ll go to sleep as well.” I said. “Good night everyone.”

I woke up the next morning and rushed downstairs. I’d forgotten that I hadn’t eaten lunch or supper the day before, and my growling stomach was quick to remind me.
I hoped Tk was already up, because if she wasn’t she soon would be. To my delight I found my mother in the kitchen, chatting away with Tk. She immediately ran over and embraced me.
“How was your trip?’ I asked her.
“Wonderful.” She replied smiling. She told me exactly what had happened on her trip. My mother had the appearance of a young woman, with her long auburn hair, and smiling, almond shaped brown eyes. Icarians never age past a certain point, and I knew her to be a century old, maybe two. I listened to her story intently, but eventually my eyes shifted to the biscuits, sausage, and eggs, Tk had sat on the counter.
“Go ahead and eat.” My mother said. “I expect Alan to wake up to join us any minute.” She added knowingly.
Sure enough Alan walked right through the kitchen door, rubbing his eyes sleepily. As soon as he saw my mother he ran to embrace her, just as I, and Tk before me, had.
“How was your trip?” she teased. “What am I saying? I know you enjoyed it.”
“Boring.” Alan replied evenly. “And you know that I didn’t want to go.”
“True.” My mother said. “However it was necessary. Better safe than sorry. I wish you’d learn to understand that, so I could rest easier at night.” She laughed to let Alan know she was kidding, or at least half-kidding.
Alan didn’t have anything to say to that, and grabbed himself a plate of food.

After the three of us were done eating, my mother asked the question we all knew was coming. “Who’s going to help me decorate?”
“What’s the rush?” Alan asked. “We’ve got two days.”
“One.” My mother corrected. “I’ve moved up the date. Something important has come up.”
“And one day makes a difference?” Alan asked.
“It may.”
“Maria, where is Michael?” Tk asked.
“With Torch.” My mother replied. “He should be back soon.”
“What’s going on?” I asked.
“Nothing… yet.” My mother responded. She squeezed my hand gently. “No worrying is allowed, you are to enjoy yourselves tomorrow. Promise that you will, that all of you will.”
The three of us nodded, and that was good enough for her. “Then lets get to work.”

Work is exactly what we did. You’d be surprised how much stuff you can fit into six bags. We spent a whole four hours working in that ballroom. None of us minded that much. I’ve told you that my mother can make almost anything seem fun. Besides any complaints we might have had, (Excuse me, that Alan might have had.) melted when we saw the results of our hard work.
The ballroom had been almost completely transformed. The floor was now black. (My mother had given up on her no magic rule with the floor. To paint the thing black by hand would’ve taken up way to much time.) The tables were covered with silver tablecloths. The ceiling was covered by a full moon. Or what closely resembled one. A large, metallic, quarter moon hung a few feet below it. It was the candles though that gave it effect. The chandelier candles obviously had some magic in it. Even though it was the middle of the day outside, the candles gave the effect that you were under starlight. Not only that but they also caused the moons to shine like real moons.
“I don’t think anything in here is magical.” Alan said dryly.
“Sometimes you have to make exceptions Alan.” My mother replied.

My father did not return that day, or even that evening. There was no reason for me to worry, whatever the problem was, Torch and my father could take care of it in due time. Tk left the castle that night, telling me she had something important to do. Alan didn’t have much to say that night, (No doubt he was doing enough worrying for the both of us.) so I left him alone, and went to talk to my mother. She asked me what Tk and I had been up to. We chatted for almost two hours. My mother revealed nothing else about the problem Torch was having. I expected that. She wanted us to enjoy ourselves at the party and meant every word she said.
Chapter 9
Deep Feelings
“Krystal wake up.” Alan whispered late that night.
“Hmm?” I asked. I rolled over to the other side of the bed.
“Come on Krystal get up.” Alan repeated. He shook me gently. “I can’t sleep.”
“So I’m not allowed to sleep either?” I asked. Every time Alan couldn’t sleep he woke both Tk and myself up. “What time is it anyway?”
“Midnight I think.” Alan answered. He crossed his arms over his chest. “Aren’t you forgetting something?”
I looked into his gold eyes, and remembered. My mother had moved the party up, so Alan’s lesson would have to be tonight. “Yes.” I replied. I got out of bed, and followed Alan downstairs to the ballroom.
Alan muttered something and the candles lit up, filling the room with dim light.
“Your mother showed me how to use them.” He explained.
“Oh.” I replied. I grabbed him and pulled him close to me. He immediately clasped my right hand in his left hand, and put his left hand right above my waist. I stared at him in surprise.
“Aren’t you going to show me the waltz?” he asked.
I nodded. “I was going to show you the pattern first.”
“Don’t worry.” Alan replied. “I’ll figure it out.”
I held back a sigh. If Alan was going to refuse my help, I was going to go back to sleep. I couldn’t hide my surprise when Alan began to move exactly as he was supposed to. Every step and turn was executed perfectly. “What’s this?” I asked raising an eyebrow. “I thought you couldn’t dance.”
“Tk may have shown me a few things a while back.” Alan admitted.
“Than why did you always refuse to dance with me?” I asked looking him right in the eyes.
He hesitated, and then said. “It always made me nervous, even to think about dancing with you.”
“Oh you!” I said. “There’s no need for you to be nervous around me!”
“You’re right.” Alan agreed. “That’s exactly what Tk said when I told her.”
“Tk! Did she put you up to this?”
Alan nodded. “I probably wouldn’t have excepted your offer if she hadn’t.”
I giggled, and silently praised Tk for making me ask Alan here in the first place. “Alan there is something I want to tell you. I can’t find the words so I’m going to show you what I mean.” I bent him down over my arm, and leaned down to kiss him. Alan grew tense so I stopped. The two of us stood in that awkward position for a few seconds, just staring at each other.
“Well, weren’t you going to show me something?” Alan asked this time with obvious eagerness.
I did kiss him then, long and softly. The feeling of my lips against his made me feel warm and tingly all over.
“Well that just about sums it up.” Alan said in a distant tone. He began to sway, and I hugged him tightly. I feared he would fall over, it seemed as if he would melt against me.
“You could’ve just said I love you.” He added. “I love you. Is that so hard?”
I shook my head. “I love you.”
“I love you too.” He replied gently. “You can let me go now. I won’t fall.”
I released him and he nearly toppled over. I caught him and pulled him back to his feet, and embraced him again, laughing all the while.
“If you’re going to have this kind of affect on me, I’m not kissing you again ever.” Alan said dryly.
I kissed him again. “You will get used to it.” I told him. “Are you tired yet?” I asked him. It was becoming difficult for me to hold my eyes open.
“No.” Alan replied.
I groaned. I was exhausted for some reason. Besides I had to get up early to help my mother and Tk cook for three hundred people. “Yes.” I replied sternly. “I have to get up early, and can’t stay up to entertain you all night. ”
“If you’re tired than go to sleep.” Alan said. I could tell by his tone that he didn’t want me to leave him up all night.
I grabbed Alan’s hand and pulled him upstairs to his room. I chanted the most powerful sleep spell I knew right in Alan’s ear. I expected him to fall right into my arms asleep, but he just stood staring at me. Please work. I thought to myself. You’d be surprised how much of a child Alan could be when he couldn’t sleep.
“What was that supposed t…” Alan began. Thank goodness he never got to finish. The sleep spell had finally to take effect. He fell right into my arms just as I had hoped for. I carried him to his bed and covered him in blankets.
“Sweet dreams.” I said. I went into my own room for some needed sleep. I’d done everything I needed to do this night.

Chapter 10
Spice Of Life (Tk)

“Wake up you.” I said. I shook Alan gently at first and then harder. He still didn’t wake up. Than I used my preferred method. I snatched off his bed sheets and fanned him with them. That got him out of bed.
“You could’ve just shook me.” Alan said glaring at me.
“I tried.” I told him. “You should be happy I didn’t hit you with the pillow.”
“That’s always a plus.” Alan said sarcastically. He looked out the window, and saw the sun just starting to set. “What time is it?”
“A half hour to six.” I told him. “If you don’t start to get ready, you’re going to be late to your own party. Everyone except you is almost ready.”
“Why didn’t anyone wake me up?” Alan wailed.
“We tried.” I told him. “Seems Krystal may have overdid it with her sleep magic this time.”
“Where is she?”
“She’s getting dressed as we speak.” I answered. “You better go take a bath. Your water is ready, and your suit is in the bathroom.”
“Thanks.” Alan replied, his voice grateful.
“Don’t mention it.” I said. He would’ve done the same thing for me if I were in his situation.

Krystal had told me everything that had happened the night before. I was ecstatic for those two. I knew they would be perfect for each other. Krystal’s gentleness and perceptiveness, were dents in Alan’s armor of stubbornness. She was just what Alan needed. There was no doubt in my mind that she would eventually pull him all the way out of his shell. Perhaps the two of them would even marry one day, although that may be jumping just a bit to far ahead.
I’d told Krystal where I had gone the night before. I had gone to Draco’s house, to ask him to be my date. Krystal hardly believed that me when I told her. Draco hardly believed it, and thought I was joking. No, I was perfectly serious. Draco had of course asked me to the party as soon as he heard about it. As usual I refused, and then when I thought about it I realized going with him would be a pleasant change. There were things I liked about Draco. He was handsome with short brown hair, and dark brown eyes. He was always polite and courteous to me. Just like a gentleman. Besides there was no denying that I didn’t enjoy the attention he always gave me. I thought it was sweet of him to do so. To be completely honest, I could hardly believe that I’d asked him myself. I felt the urge to tell I changed my mind. I ignored it though. Going with Draco may be an enjoyable experience. Can you imagine that? I might actually enjoy going with him. It was a chance I was willing to take.

------------------