Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2001, 01:14 PM   #1
jujuman6969

Here is something that happened to me when I was playing. I had finished the crypt and saved the toads from their plight. I went to go into town and the town was not there. All i got was a black screen where the town should have been. I tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling it. Same thing. No town was present. And if you choose to uninstall the game without using the game uninstaller, you cannot install the game again without calling or emailing Activisions technical support. I just got done formatting the hard drive and reinstalling in order to play again. I hope this doesnt happen again or I will pull my hair out.
Old 01-07-2001, 02:04 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Don't know why this would have happened.

What hardware and OS are you running??

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2001, 03:01 PM   #3
jujuman6969

Im running windows 98. Got a Guillemot Fortissimo sound card, Voodoo 4500 AGP vidcard with 32 Meg RAM, 450 MHZ AMD k6 III processor with 128 Megs of RAM.
Dunno why it happened. I just hope it dont happen again because I doubt Ill have the patience to reinstall everything.
Old 01-07-2001, 03:24 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Well, I surely wish xenotoca was posting of late - he'd probably have some good ideas for you.
Can you run the game in software mode - seems some problems arise from the different vidcards.
I know others experienced problems with the towns "locking up" - they could get in, but not out - I'll try to see if I can search any of those out for you and push them back to the top.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2001, 11:12 PM   #5
jujuman6969

Actually, that is what Ive been playin in. Ive been using software mode. When I ran into the problem I tried changing resolutions. That didnt do anything.