Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2001, 12:41 AM   #1
Moni

Had you gone in 78 we may have run into each other...my first job was running games there, lol.
I remember all the live shows...the performers did great jobs but were over-paid snobs.
My favorite one only ran for part of one season & was a giant puppet show with the puppets being controlled by guys behind strips of black cloth at the back of the stage. Wonderful experience! And those guys were really nice too!
I met Dinah Shore there and Anson Williams. Took a picture of Anson Williams and my step-mother's little sister together and accidentally hurt his feelings when he asked if I wanted my picture taken with him and I said no. He actually pouted for a sec & I felt just terrible! I was just WAY to shy to have my picture taken with him & so socially inept that I could do no more than run away when I had hurt his feelings! LOL!
I have never had the pleasure of experiencing Cedar Point although my brother said it beat Kings Island by a long shot with the exception that he did not know how to sneak in & had to pay.
Sneaking into Kings Island was a weekend past-tome for us & all our friends, lol.
Old 01-07-2001, 04:32 AM   #2
Moni

I missed your post Carg's thread until I just brought it back up to the top of the list.
I went to Kings High School, lol...used to sit on the roof outside my 2nd story bedroom in Kings Mills and watch the fireworks til the trees grew too tall. : )
It was cool too when they had the Lion Country Safari, listening to the lions roar at feeding times...6 a.m. & 6 p.m. One year one got loose and even though the National Guard lined the streets they swore it never got out of the park...one of the Science teachers from the High School, who lived a mile away from the park boundaries took a plaster cast of a paw print in his garden. It was hard for them to deny it after that.
I am glad they did away with that feature, those woods are not made for lions & packs of escapee baboons!
We moved there when I was 12...lived near Lebanon originally...Kings Mills, lol...9 whole streets, a Post Office, a General Store and a Barber Shop! Ha Ha Ha
I hear they have paved over all the farms & put up McDonalds' & mini malls everywhere.
Too bad, it was a beautiful place when I was little...you could walk the country roads for miles & never cross the path of another human with the exception of a very ocassional passing car. Foxes & deer ran rampant, Lily would have loved it too.
: )
Moni
Old 01-07-2001, 09:00 AM   #3
gaunty
The Magister

yes the urban/subberban sprall is everywhere.
when I went to kings Island in the early 80's, they had Live show preformers all over the park. Now a day's the park has (1) or mabee (2), one was a scooby doo kiddy introduction to modern rock, and the other was keri oki stuff. 90% of the park is a roller coaster and ride magnet.
I preffer to go to ceder piont myself.
gaunty is offline   Reply With Quote