Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2001, 03:31 PM   #1
Thorny

Starting new thread, since previous thread changed topics halfway through. We digress.

Definitely agree - Robinsword, Sword of Argus, Nightblades and Tomonari's are all excellent.

Best Mace I've found:
Mace of mangling: damage 7-16, special stun, enchant +1, hit +1

Best staff
Trident of Tides: damage 7-21, special stone, slay, enchant +2, hit +1

Don't waste 50,000 gold identifying the lich's ornate staff. It is pretty useless and can't be sold. It is the staff with a serpents head.
Ornate staff: damage 6-12, special sleep stone, enchant +1, hit +1

Bloodbeard's blade: damage 5-19, special poison, enchant +1, hit +2
the problem with this nice looking blade - it can't be blessed/enchanted any higher

Ring of Neptune: Protection from paralysis 50%, hit +2, regen +1, invoke: Iron Lung
keep it or sell it for $18,150

Probably the most effective weapons for wizards are the very common witches sticks. The sleep spell works quite frequently on the average wandering pack of experience points. These sticks are so common, I didn't even bother repairing them, just carried around a spare. They do break quite easily.
Old 01-17-2001, 04:36 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Thorny: The Lich's staff is far from useless. It's the only other weapon in the game that can be "charged up" in the Black Fire in the Pyramid, whereupon it gains 6-36 damage and some other excellent bonuses...plus, it too may be used to slay Cet. In fact, in my last two playthroughs, it was the character with the Staff, not the Mavin, who slayed Cet. So much for the Mavin.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2001, 09:59 PM   #3
Moni

Have't seen a Mace of Mangling yet...sounds dangerous! Hope I find one!

The Lich's staff isn't cursed? I am still carrying it around, lol, cool!
: )
Moni
Old 01-18-2001, 11:34 AM   #4
teefha

Yes, the witches sticks are very nice. And the can be blessed. Make good damage with sleep. But the repairing is quite expensive afterwards...
Old 01-18-2001, 06:02 PM   #5
skywalker
Banned User

I have a female Paladin with 12 in Staff using the Lich Staff just waiting to become a Valkyrie and dunk it in the black fire.

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote