Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2003, 09:30 AM   #1
rbeane1
The Magister

Has any one tried making it to the end with a bad party?
Like a lizardman Mage, Faerie Fighter, or a Dwarf Bard?
rbeane1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 10:10 AM   #2
Rezdude03
Manshoon

uhhhhhh... no. but if you want a bad mix, a lizardman bishop comes to mind.
\"We three, though born on different days, swear an oath of brotherhood\"<br />\"And vow to die the same year, same month and the very same day\"<br />\"Come, my Brothers\' destiny awaits!\"<br />-Guan Yu, Zhang Fei, Liu Bei/ Dynasty Warriors 4
Rezdude03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 06:31 PM   #3
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

A dwarf bishop wasn't too bad. Also tried a gnome bard. They are a little slow to develop but they survive.
Old 08-12-2003, 12:02 PM   #4
TINKER_TINKERMAN
Dungeon Master

Rbeane1 - You inspired me to try a bad party. I've created a party of 6-faeries (am i a glutten for punishment or what). Anyway i had to wait until they were level 4 before i could take out gregor. My party consists of 6 female faeries, a ninja, monk, rogue, ranger, gadgeteer, & bishop. I dumped all spare points into STR & VIT at creation and am adding 1 pt each at level up. I must say this is a big help in Hit Pts & C/C. I'm currently Level 5 in the Upper Monestary and no deaths so far. Everybody except the Bishop is Training Dual Weapons & Close Combat. Ninja is using Martial arts, Monk is using 2 faerie sticks, Rogue 2 daggers, Ranger 2 faerie sticks, & Gadgeteer 2 faerie sticks. Wack (sleep),Wack(sleep) just took out 18 rats...
Old 08-12-2003, 06:52 PM   #5
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

Tinker, that sounds like fun!!!

I would have subbed a bard for a gadgeteer, but who can account for taste?

Let us know how they fair..rie.
Old 08-12-2003, 09:25 PM   #6
brianward420
Elite Waterdeep Guard

ive got a party going now with a faerie fighter as the tank
plus 2 mook rangers and a bishop
the fighter is ok i guess, it just sounded like fun to do but i plan on playing the party for a while
they just got through the starter dungeon..
brianward420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 04:26 AM   #7
TINKER_TINKERMAN
Dungeon Master

Ziggurat - I had seriously considered having a bard instead of the gadgeteer. The reason i didn't take a bard is the weight factor. 6 faeries give me a serious reduction in C/C not only individually but as a whole and with carrying around all those instruments i wouldn't be able to carry anything else like arrows and stones. At least with the gadgeteer i can store the pieces and the completed gadgets weigh far less then the instruments. This is probably going to be my biggest problem (keeping overyone in the white).
Old 08-13-2003, 04:40 AM   #8
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

Yes, I see the problem. CC may be the worst limitation, followed by lack of good armor availability (perhaps). May be hard to finish with that group.
Old 08-13-2003, 09:33 AM   #9
TINKER_TINKERMAN
Dungeon Master

Unbelievable, I made it to Arnika(no deaths, no reloads). I held everybody to level 5 until i reached Arnika though. I ran into a group of venum crabs just outside the monestery (faerie dust works wonders on those). The normal encounter at the chest (insanity thats the ticket), 1 group of 11 modie's then 2 wasps then another group of 7 modie's (fought the modie's in a crevise). Battles took forever, most of my hits did 1-8 in damage, the bright side is the monsters hardly got any attacks in because of that 50% sleep on the faerie stick and my dual weapons,close combat & staff skills are rising rapidly (all in the 30's allready).
Old 08-14-2003, 03:50 AM   #10
TINKER_TINKERMAN
Dungeon Master

O.K. now i'm in arnika, Just about finished everything here. There's no way i can defeat the guardian golem at this point so i left that battle for later. Does anyone know where i can get some decent weapons for these pansys. I've played this game many times but never paid attention to weapons for faeries. I'm gonna head back to the monestary then to Mt. Gigas but i think maybe crock? has something i can use. I need to get rid of these wimpy faerie sticks, a battle with 7 savant guards takes about 15 rounds.