Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2001, 11:01 PM   #1
Ziroc

I just wanted to let everyone that is worried about the 'atmosphere' here in Gen Con to know I am trying to get it back to it's normal happy self.

I decided to create a new forum for just 'War' threads. Many have become sick of these posts flooding up Gen Con, and I kinda agree. I have also closed some threads due to possible flamewars. I can sense the stress level here is getting WAY too high--I understand why, with all that has been happening lately, but we need to relax, and take a deep breath.

I have never been this tough on posts before--this type of situation has never really gotten this bad (Almost maybe) but you need to know, I've been a webmaster for many many years, and know the steps it takes to lead the forum back to a better future, and out of the stressful, tense feeling of today.

I personally don't have a problem with anyone here, it's just been really hard lately--Mom is dying of Cancer, I have chronic back/hip pain, and just so much shit that is NEGATIVE.. And when I come here, I want to see more positive things... ya know?

You just got to trust me, we'll get through this! With each other, and with 's guidance.

So, I ask each of you to think twice before getting mad, or wanting to reply with a smart-ass remark--even if you are joking.. Some may take it the wrong way. And some people have been 'mean' to others in a 'vague' way--kinda like; the person getting the reply knows it's smart-ass, but anyone else won't.. just stuff like that, just kinda bite your tongue a little..

I will as well.. It HAS been stressful. For ALL of us, we just need to come together like we ALWAYS have, and try and have fun, read some of Father Bronze's posts and laugh our asses off..

PS: I'm not censoring anything. I don't do that.. If you ever see me close one of your threads, email me, and I will be glad to let you know why I did so. (I will try to reply to the thread before I close it with the reason from now on though)

Thanks guys, I really hope you understand. I am trying to do the right thing.

------------------
Ziroc™
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

Old 10-10-2001, 11:14 PM   #2
Moni

Both a good and a bad day for me to be lurking here LOL...
It's sad to see so much tension but great to see everyone working together to bring IW back to being the great place it is.
I arrived with goodies to share. I hope you don't mind if I poof out of here after I post this, but I have school in the a.m. and I'm having too much fun to miss out on it because of being tired.

Anyway, here is a little something for friends and lovers alike...enjoy and Bless the lot of you. *hugs*

Read Each One Carefully and Think About It a Second or Two ■

I love you not because of who you are, but because of who I am when I am with you.

No man or woman is worth your tears, and the one who is, won't make you cry.

Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart.

Never frown, even when you are sad, because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.

Don't waste your time on a man/woman, who isn't willing to waste their time on you.

Maybe God wants us to meet a few wrong people before meeting the right one, so that when we finally meet the person, we will know how to be grateful.

Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened.

There's always going to be people that hurt you so what you have to do is keep on trusting and just be more careful about who you trust next time around.

Make yourself a better person and know who you are before you try and know someone else and expect them to know you.

Don't try so hard, the best things come when you least expect them to.

REMEMBER: WHATEVER HAPPENS, HAPPENS FOR A REASON.

Have a beautiful day!

------------------

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 10-10-2001).]

Old 10-10-2001, 11:35 PM   #3
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

Ziroc, all I have to say is "Thank you!" I've definitely noticed to stressful feeling of Gen Con lately, and because of that I've been coming to IW less and less. My life has been chaos lately too. Trying to sell the house, my dad's got MS (although that's been going on awhile) my 7 yr. old bro has pneumonia, and then of course there's the war... It's really been hard and then I come here and it's stressful here and I just don't wanna deal with it. But I think things will return to normal now so thank you for keeping IW a nice place to be.

-Jafin

------------------

Proud Citizen of the United States of America
The Original Arch-Mage of the HADB
Destroyer of the evil Bunnies
Proprietor of the Boogre Bar
The not-so-secret admirer of Lioness
Mage of the Court of Lady Lioness
Old 10-10-2001, 11:44 PM   #4
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
Both a good and a bad day for me to be lurking here LOL...
It's sad to see so much tension but great to see everyone working together to bring IW back to being the great place it is.
I arrived with goodies to share. I hope you don't mind if I poof out of here after I post this, but I have school in the a.m. and I'm having too much fun to miss out on it because of being tired.

Anyway, here is a little something for friends and lovers alike...enjoy and Bless the lot of you. *hugs*

Read Each One Carefully and Think About It a Second or Two ■

I love you not because of who you are, but because of who I am when I am with you.

No man or woman is worth your tears, and the one who is, won't make you cry.

Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart.

Never frown, even when you are sad, because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.

Don't waste your time on a man/woman, who isn't willing to waste their time on you.

Maybe God wants us to meet a few wrong people before meeting the right one, so that when we finally meet the person, we will know how to be grateful.

Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened.

There's always going to be people that hurt you so what you have to do is keep on trusting and just be more careful about who you trust next time around.

Make yourself a better person and know who you are before you try and know someone else and expect them to know you.

Don't try so hard, the best things come when you least expect them to.

REMEMBER: WHATEVER HAPPENS, HAPPENS FOR A REASON.

Have a beautiful day!

Very Happy to see you Moni!

What you said was very true--each one. It makes you stop and think. and then it hits you, and realize.

I also believe things happen for a reason.. in everyday life. Like the following:

My sister was on the way to work, and came to a train crossing that NEVER had a train come at that time in the morning--NEVER.. but this one morning, a train was stopped across the road for 10 mins. She waited until it cleared.. and on her way to work, she drove past a HUGE 5 car wreck, and it happened minutes ago.. If that train was not there, she could have been part of that.. Weird stuff like that.. Hmm.. I am going to post a new thread on this type of thing!!

Thanks for sharing, keep it coming if you have more!!!

------------------
Ziroc™
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

Old 10-11-2001, 12:06 AM   #5
BladeMaster

Thank you Dan and Moni for your posts. With all that has been going on that is why I have stayed away from here. I was getting tired of seeing everything that is happening with what is going on right. On my board we have a forum for discussing what is happening so if I don't want to read then I don't have to go to that forum. Now I can come back to Gen Chat and not really have to worry about seeing what is going on in the world.

------------------

Old 10-11-2001, 12:14 AM   #6
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

beautiful, except

I change that into:

I love you not only because of who you are, but also because of who I am when I am with you.

Old 10-11-2001, 12:25 AM   #7
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
beautiful, except

I change that into:

I love you not only because of who you are, but also because of who I am when I am with you.

I like that change 250

-Jafin

------------------

Old 10-11-2001, 12:30 AM   #8
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Jafin:
I like that change 250

-Jafin

hey thanks! me too
Old 10-11-2001, 12:34 AM   #9
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
hey thanks! me too
You're welcome!

Ok, I'll stop spamming now

-Jafin

------------------

Old 10-11-2001, 02:20 AM   #10
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Thanx a heap for that Z. I kinda blew my top yesterday which I shouldnt have in the manner that I did. Hopefully things can get into more of a natural balance now

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."

Overlord of all that I behold and anything that i happen to not notice either.

Founding Hamlet of the HADB.