Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2003, 11:14 AM   #1
Sigmar
Unicorn

It's been all quiet on the clan front lately eh? Yeah I know about the roleplaying that goes on in, yep you guessed it, the roleplaying forum but even then its only about three or four of them actually roleplaying. Here's a sound off of what I see as the status of each clan.

ORT-Alive and kicking in the RP forum.
ALSB-Out of buisness (or so says Elif Godson) but I've seen evidence of Avatar trying to get it up and running in the RP forum.
OHF-Punched its ticket a long,long time ago.
Laughing hyenas-Haven't seen any evidence of activity anywhere on the forums.
HADB-Currently on hiatus while two of our most prominent members are semi-inactive (including our leader)
Order of Merlin-Active.
Wizards guild-Active.

Here's the official word on the matter from Larry's thread-

Ironworks' Official Clans

HADB:

Hiram Sedai: Clan Master

I, Hiram Sedai, on the 1st Day of December 2002 in the year of our Lord, do hereby declare myself leader of the splendid and most honorable clan known as HADB.

I accept this mantle of leadership with no small amount of trepidation insofar as our clan is replete with incredibly intelligent and good looking people who work and play well with others. I will be the benevolent despot with Dragonmage as my lady in waiting. (one can wish)

HADB’s mission will be nebulous at first while we gather strength once more. Some of us will engage in the Roleplaying forum, and others will play RPG’s via TCPIP vs opponents of other clans should they see fit to challenge us. Most of us will continue to impart nuggets of wisdom laced with frivolity as we usually do.

HADB does not forget it’s former leader in the person of Azure Wolf. His nefarious machinations were known far and wide. I have felt the tip of his steel tipped justice more than once for getting too persnickety while being a newbie. He allowed me to exist as the “token lackwit” and for that I will remain eternally grateful.

HADB will gladly accept new members as they show interest in world domination et al. Although our membership will ebb and flow, we do remain a force to be reckoned with. Well, we are a force to be noticed but not heckled, because that would just hurt our feelings.

================================================== =============================

Aelia Jusa and Beaumanoir: Clan Masters

================================================== =============================

Keldorn's Order:

Morguerat: Clan Master

Wizards' Guild:

SecretMaster: Clan Master

A.L.S.B.:

Order of Merlin:

LennonCook: Clan Master

The Society Of Songs And Silent Blades (SSSB) :

Shadowhound : Clan Master

Laughing Hyenas:

Yorick: Clan Master

Clan Status: Innactive
Membership: Unknown

PM me to reactivate this clan

O.H.F.:

Rikard: Clan Master

PM me to reactivate this clan

Well there you have it folks, now a lot of them do roleplay as I already mentioned but we don't actually multi against each other or set up guild/clan threads anymore (except the members of the ORT who set a fine example for us all). I remember a time when Ironworks was rife with clans and the occasional multiplayer game. Are these views and thoughts now outdated? Have we progressed beyond the point of having clans within our community? Do we simply (as a community) not care about clans and dismiss them as a matter which should be left in the ropleplaying forum?

In conclusion I'd like to point out this is not an anti-IW thread, nor am I trying to convey a message like "Back in my day the corn/beer/smilies (and so on ) were better". I'm simply posting this to see whther there is still an active interest in clans within our community, and if so perhaps we could go about reviving our respective clans or even starting new ones, it wouldn't have to be here in general discussion we could do it in the RP forum.

Well I'm only one person, my opinion is pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things and so really it's up to you the individual who's reading this to contribute and decide whether you want clans to be hip and cool again, or think that my opinion's a load of rubbish. Either way I'd appriciate some feedback thanks. If you bothered to read all of the above, thanks

Sigmar

[ 03-31-2003, 09:04 AM: Message edited by: Sigmar ]
Old 03-30-2003, 12:13 PM   #2
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

The Creator Ra... errr... the OHF shall awaken again and claim its rightfull place as ruling clan of all of Ironworks. *insert evil laughter here* (now where are these damn Spam Slaves?)
Old 03-30-2003, 12:35 PM   #3
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

I really do not think that clans, as such are really on anyone's mind at the moment, certainly not mine. I haven't been to RP in a long time, and am mainly writing fiction for myself and my friends on another forum. I can see that I might one day return to RP, but not now. The memories are still too painful.
Old 03-30-2003, 01:26 PM   #4
Kaltia
Jack Burton

ARgh, Siggy you useless twit, you left ME out of the ORt list....moron...( [img]tongue.gif[/img] )

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 03-30-2003, 01:32 PM   #5
Sigmar
Unicorn

That ain't my list Kaltia, that Larry's list

[ 03-30-2003, 01:32 PM: Message edited by: Sigmar ]
Old 03-30-2003, 01:37 PM   #6
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Just out of curiousity, what does RP mean? (sounds familiar from another game.)
Old 03-30-2003, 01:55 PM   #7
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Gangrell:
Roleplaying. No opinions on the matter?
Old 03-30-2003, 11:48 PM   #8
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaltia:
ARgh, Siggy you useless twit, you left ME out of the ORt list....moron...( [img]tongue.gif[/img] )
Which would be the fault of either yourself, the clanmaster, or any of the other members of the clan that have not bothered to PM me an update on the list that has been posted for a very long time...lastly being updated in December. I shall add you now.

Thank you for your attention on the matter
Old 03-31-2003, 12:24 AM   #9
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

Quote:

posted by sigmar
---------------------
O.H.F.:

Rikard: Clan Master

Ertai
Larry

well im a member here known as Zoratorak... Harkoliar will suffice actually since i havent used that prior name in ages...

Catch me if you can..
Old 03-31-2003, 12:38 AM   #10
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:
Quote:
Originally posted by Gangrell:
Roleplaying. No opinions on the matter?[/QUOTE]Dang, I feel dumb now [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img] I thought you all were talking about the name of a clan.