Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2001, 08:24 PM   #1
SirGwayne

I'm considering dual classing my cleric,14th level does anyone have any good suggestions? I enjoy all classes so I'm open to any suggestions. Thank's

Old 02-23-2001, 08:37 PM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Not sure if this will work, but if you are good align try Ranger. I recall it is either you can dual from ranger to cleric or cleric to ranger....but not the other way around(ie. it is one way). You can also try mage, but be prepare to move your guy to middle or back row.
Old 02-23-2001, 08:38 PM   #3
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Also you need to have high attribute in both your original and the new class in order for the game to allow you to dual class. At least 15 or 16 I think.....
Old 02-23-2001, 08:47 PM   #4
SirGwayne

Thanks Accord , yea I was thinking of Ranger myself.. Maybe I'll give that a shot!

Old 02-23-2001, 11:48 PM   #5
lekimbel
Welcomed New User

Just another tip: keep a copy of your guy PRRE-save. I cchanged my kensai to kensai/mage and even though i got him to Lvl 10 just on scroll XP alone (ie I had heaps of scrolls that I memorized to bring his XP up) it still takes ages: he's sitiing on the edge of lvl 13 now, and its Lvl 16 beofre he gains his Lvl 15 kensai abilities back. BUT..seeing as he was such a good fighter, my team blanace was really affected-so i ditched my thief and brought in the kensai just before he changed-he's gone from 15 right up to nearly 18 by now!-my team is now really good: the "no thief weakness" is balanced by the sheer magic & arms strength of the team.
So keep a copy of your cleric on hand in case you find the going tough early and need some healing spells. Its a shame to let a really high level human go-I have a cleric/ranger mutli-class, pretty good, nice spell selections, but weapon restrictions means the ranger side is never really a consistent "frontline player": also I found that the THACO was a bit crap. Does the game only average out a mulit-class THACO? I had assumed it would be the better of the two classes.