Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2002, 05:36 PM   #11
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Axl of Darkness:
Importing......

I really misses my Paladin from the IWD 1. I had won the game with him 3 times and he has the great PALE JUSTICE sword that makes him a great TANK !!!

I miss him very much......not to mention my preferred fighter mage ...

I am not convinced by 3rd ed rules......

Back to old times, when AD & D were meant for guys not kids.......

Sorry about by harsh words
Ed
No need to worry about your precious paladin.Make a new one and later in the game you will get an even better sword for him.Hehe
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
SomeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 05:03 PM   #12
Magness
Quintesson

It really helps to understand the 3rd ed rules.

For example, in the 3rd ed rules, a tank that intends to be wearing heavy armor (i.e. plate) does not need particularly need a DEX over 12, unless you also want to dual wield (then I think that you need a DEX of 13 top take the Ambidexterity Feat).

For example:

Ranger X/Rogue X (M-Human) CG
STR: 10+2=12
DEX: 10+8=18
CON: 10+6=16
INT: 10+4=14
WIS: 10+2=12
CHA: 10-6=4
Pri Weapons: Bow
Sec Weapons: Dual Wielding Short Swords
Planned Feats: 2 points in Bow, 2 points in small blades, weapon finesse, rapid shot, dash
Upgrade DEX with added stat points every 4 levels.

There's nothing wrong with the above character. The above ranger-rogue will be a very dangerous character as he levels up.

Aasimar Paladin X
STR: 18
DEX: 10
CON: 16
INT: 8
WIS: 8
CHR: 20

Assuming that you don't care about pally spellcasting, the above Aasimar Paladin will be really nasty. Don't forget that with a 20 CHA will mean a +5 to all saving throws. Also, it will mean that his Lay on Hands will heal 5 HP per level.

I would hardly call either of the 2 above characters mediocre.
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote