Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2002, 06:02 PM   #31
Sir Mandorallen
Baaz Draconian

I'm sorry that was childish... but I just overreacted myself... sorry. I havent checked my e-mail... yet... but I don't have any personal messages.
Old 04-24-2002, 06:08 PM   #32
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Well you could always e-mail Ziroc too. Tell him you are wondering what is up, and if you have to change your name tell him what you'd like it to be, and I know he will fix you right up when he gets a chance, I'm tellin ya! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 04-24-2002, 06:08 PM   #33
Sir Mandorallen
Baaz Draconian

Oh... whew! There WAS an e-mail.... god I was flipping out thinking I wasn't informed! Man what a scare!

Although I prefer Sir_Mandorallen (No. AFAIK that name is NOT taken) and I think I will responed and request for it to be changed to that.

Sorry for the scare yall!
Old 04-24-2002, 06:10 PM   #34
Sir Mandorallen
Baaz Draconian

Oh yeah.... umm.... should I just repy to the guy who sent me that e-mail, or send one to Ziroc.... or are Ziroc and Dan Huling the same person? Cause I would prefer Sir_Mandorallen.

(mental note.... got to ask /) to change my sig.....)
Old 04-24-2002, 06:13 PM   #35
Ladyzekke

Oh good! Told ya! [img]tongue.gif[/img] Oh and yes Dan Huling and Ziroc are one in the same [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 04-24-2002, 06:20 PM   #36
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Sigh, my thread was much nicer than this one. Black_Knight (Skids), I'm sure there is an explanation, wait for Ziroc to answer, check your e-mail and PMs, don't get so upset. And saying you are going to go spread rumors about IWs is a bit childish, you couldn't hurt IWs doing that anyway, just calm down fella.
Excuse me, Lady Z, but Yorick and LoA are practically SCREAMING in Black_Knight/Skids face about his username and LoA basically says he has NO intention of being nice about it....and you're accusing the NEWBIE of being childish?!?!?!

Then, his name is changed (WITHOUT his knowledge) to something completely different than the alternate name he requested and you're telling him to "calm down".

You gotta be kidding me?

I'm sorry, but B_K/Skids has a legitimate gripe...and I personally don't blame him for feeling FLAMED because that is exactly what has happened.

I don't believe Ziroc would arbitrarily change his name without informing him, but we are talking about a Newbie who may not have known to check his PROFILE for PM's.

So why don't the veterans "calm down"? B_K/Skids said he would be willing to change his name, but the flames kept coming. IronWorks is SUPPOSED to be much friendlier than that!
Old 04-24-2002, 06:25 PM   #37
Melusine
Dracolisk

I don't think it was as bad as you say, Cerek, but I do agree with you that B_K should be cut a little slack. He seems a nice guy and I can imagine it isn't very nice to have a number of forum 'oldies' all over you after you've just arrived here - wouldn't make ME feel very welcomed anyway. Maybe people were expecting him to sort of find out for himself that maybe he should change his name, but sorry, if that's what you'd like him to do, just say so. He's stated before that he was willing to change it, after all!
And while his reaction to the name change was a bit over the top, I wouldn't really have liked it either when suddenly my name were changed into something I didn't even ask for.
Old 04-24-2002, 06:29 PM   #38
Sir Mandorallen
Baaz Draconian

Don't worry everybody. Yes I didn't feel too welcome before, and I DEFINITELY overreacted up there... but I sent out an e-mail with my request... so everything (should) work out.

[img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] --Nah... I may not care but.... no, its not the time for smilies....
Old 04-24-2002, 06:31 PM   #39
skywalker
Banned User

I realise that I will catch a lot of flack for this, but this situation is a lot like Animal Farm by George Orwell.

In the that story the animals created a society of their own, after chasing off the farmer, they all agreed that all the animals were equal. The only problem was that the pigs decided to take over and run the farm.

What it ended up being was that all the animals were equals, except some animals were more "equal" than the others (ie the pigs).

It seems that the posters here that have been around longer and are more vocal, have more persuasive input than newbees or the less vocal.

Just the way I see it. Crucify me if you like!

Mark
Old 04-24-2002, 06:34 PM   #40
Ladyzekke

I guess you'll have to take that issue up with said veterans Cerek that you have a problem with then, I didn't flame anyone. I merely was trying to be helpful and calm Black-Knight (Skids) down, as I was not surprised that his name was changed after two threads about it is all.

Reality Show Recaps