Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2003, 04:04 PM   #1
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Note: This is probably a piss-take. At least, that's how I took it.
http://www.sendbackliberty.us/whoarewe.php
Old 04-28-2003, 04:11 PM   #2
MagiK

All in all the Statue was a nice gesture and all, but we weren't even the intended recipients..read somewhere that the statue was supposed to go to someone else..but they declined or something and so we ended up with it...

I would almost say this post goes in the war forum.

Old 04-28-2003, 04:12 PM   #3
Rokenn
Galvatron

It's great to live in a country where people are free to make complete and utter fools of themselves! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-28-2003, 04:12 PM   #4
Horatio

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
All in all the Statue was a nice gesture and all, but we weren't even the intended recipients..read somewhere that the statue was supposed to go to someone else..but they declined or something and so we ended up with it...

Yeah, I was debating whether to put it in there, but it's such a joke I thought it would stick out amongst serious threads
Old 04-28-2003, 04:14 PM   #5
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
I agree. No propaganda in the GD. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Didn´t bother to read the site. Pretty muck knew what was in there with a glance. I mean Ronald Reagan... But MagiK is right, the link probably belongs in the war forum if that still is up.

[ 04-28-2003, 04:15 PM: Message edited by: WillowIX ]
Old 04-28-2003, 04:17 PM   #6
Horatio

If you want a real laugh look at the Signees section. There really are some idiots in the world
Old 04-28-2003, 04:19 PM   #7
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Horatio:
If you want a real laugh look at the Signees section. There really are some idiots in the world
Yeah I read those too. The people that made the siteprobably believes in what they´re saying. Sure send away a statue that represents America in a very special way. Some people watch too much Fox. [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]
Old 04-28-2003, 04:25 PM   #8
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Actually, I would suspect the people who made that site don't give a rat's arse about any of the issues, but would rather just stir up trouble and poke fun at us all -- oh, and sell us T-shirts.
Old 04-28-2003, 04:31 PM   #9
Horatio

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
Actually, I would suspect the people who made that site don't give a rat's arse about any of the issues, but would rather just stir up trouble and poke fun at us all -- oh, and sell us T-shirts.
Yeah, this is what I take to be more likely. The pictures on that site couldn't have been made by anyone who believed in their cause, it was WAY too funny.
Old 04-28-2003, 04:32 PM   #10
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
[img]graemlins/1pokeme.gif[/img] There you go Timber. I don´t fully agree with your statement though. While it is a valid point it could very well be some poor people who heard something nice watching the telly and tried to tell it off as their own arguments. Nothing unusual nowadays unfortunately. Anyway we agree on that the site isn´t all that good and that T-shirts are great. Correct?