Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2002, 07:00 PM   #1
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

Ok I'm thinking of starting a Baldur's Gate Fanfiction site, for both Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate Tales of the Sword Coast, Baldur's Gate 2 Shadows of Amn, and BG2 Throne of Bhaal.

For this to happen, I will need writers who would be interested, AND, people who will read the fan fiction because I don't have time to make sure anyone is obeying the entry rules:

1. No Explicitly Adult Material, although I will have a friend give you definitions for what's adult and what's just Rated R
2. The only original character you can make is the Main Character, a Bhaal Child.
3. A disclaimer should definitely be put down, I will provide an example Disclaimer when the site is up
4. All entries must be in HTML format, meaning if you have Microsoft Word 97, you just save your story as a web page
5. No plagarism, which really only applies to plagarising anyone on the site I put up, however this will be expanded just in case
6. Tell me what your fanfic is about, because there will be seperate sections (Example: Angst, Lemon, Slash, General (A Combo of everyone), Songfic, Romance, etc.)
<b>Founder of the NPC Defender Force</b>, <b>Affiliate of the Pro-Mazzy Society</b><br />\"I hate to admit it but you\'ve earned my respect.\"--Shar-Teel (Thanks for this Illumina Drathiran\'ar)<br /> [img]\"http://userpic.livejournal.com/14048184/35120\" alt=\" - \" />
Jerr Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 08:10 AM   #2
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Hmm, I can do this.
If we write anything, shall we just mail it to you or what?

see ya!
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 08:29 AM   #3
Helspanth
Quintesson

I am interested.Details?
Old 01-29-2002, 11:26 AM   #4
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

Yep, you'd just mail it to me, most likely under my Hotmail Account or whatever.

Then I'd mail it to 4 people who read the fanfics for content.

Of course, they won't totally be censored because even if I may not agree with some things that are written:

Character bashing is allowed (Gravy for those Aerie/Anomen/Keldorn/Viconia/any character haters out there)
Well I'll have a whole list of what's allowed and what's not allowed.

Of course, I have to come up with a background now, and I have to register a site with Geocities unfortunately...

There won't be a deadline for Fan Fiction though, as long as whoever writes gets them in eventually.
<b>Founder of the NPC Defender Force</b>, <b>Affiliate of the Pro-Mazzy Society</b><br />\"I hate to admit it but you\'ve earned my respect.\"--Shar-Teel (Thanks for this Illumina Drathiran\'ar)<br /> [img]\"http://userpic.livejournal.com/14048184/35120\" alt=\" - \" />
Old 02-25-2002, 06:41 PM   #5
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

I am bumping this up for a reason. One, for those who are writing fan fiction, please e-mail me, or reply. (This way, I can add you to my list, and also know that this isn't a totally doomed project)

Secondly, does anyone know if TGE Web will get mad if I just lin the Ironworks site? I e-mailed the webmaster and never got a reply.

That, and anyone have a BG Site they want me to put up in links? (I only have one request, link back)

Also, if you don't want to e-mail me, just reply, and I'll e-mail you.