Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2003, 11:53 PM   #11
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

Azred. living so close to Dallas you should be familiar with the history of Dr. Pepper, but obviously I must elucidate, nay pontificate, upon that most worthy premise, namely Dr. Pepper.
1) historical research has uncovered the fact that the nectar of the gods was indeed Dr. Pepper.
2) Biblical scholars have discovered a mistranslation in the creation story. The earliest known texts say "and on the seventh day God rested from His loabors and drank a Dr. Pepper.".
3) St. Bernards in the Alps when used in rescue operations have traditionally carried a small keg of Dr. Pepper.
4) the Fountain of Youth was found in Waco Texas and found to contain Dr. Pepper.
5) Indian tribes in America, when making peace would celebrate by sharing a Dr. Pepper. It was propoganda by the tobacco industry that said they smoked a "peace pipe".
6)As a rite of passage young male American Indians would often be sent alone into the wilderness on a Vision Quest, taking only a Dr. Pepper with them.
7) In the Arthurian legend of the Lady of the Lake she actually held up a can of Dr. Pepper and not a sword.
8) During medevil times the mark of a true alchemist was not changin lead to gold but gold to Dr. Pepper.
9)Adam and Eve were expelled from the Garden of Eden not for eating from the tree of knowledge but for drinking a Coke.
10)The hole in the ozone layer only began to shrink after Dr. Pepper was exported to Europe and South America.

I could go on but will leave other fascinating facts for another time.
Old 06-21-2003, 11:57 PM   #12
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
pffft.... lies.
Old 06-22-2003, 12:02 AM   #13
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

Like St. Paul on the road to Damascus, I have seen the light. Hallelujah! I must have been taught by revisionist historians all my life, because no one ever told me those facts before.

[img]graemlins/laugh3.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

And here I live only 5 minutes away from the new Dr. Pepper ballpark and home of the RoughRiders. [img]graemlins/beigesmilewinkgrin.gif[/img]

I'm so bad. [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Old 06-22-2003, 12:19 AM   #14
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
*note to self*

Never try to interrupt a discussion between two Texans, they won't even notice your presence.
Old 06-22-2003, 02:14 AM   #15
Cristian
Emerald Dragon

lol johnny are they ignoring you ? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/goodmorning.gif[/img] all [img]smile.gif[/img] im up early as ususual and tired as hell...
Old 06-22-2003, 08:19 AM   #16
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Cristian:
lol johnny are they ignoring you ? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/goodmorning.gif[/img] all [img]smile.gif[/img] im up early as ususual and tired as hell...
G'day Cristian

Why are you always tired? or should I not ask

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 06-22-2003, 10:09 AM   #17
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Good morning, all. I see that I slept through the all-Dallas-area Cafe last night. Piestrider just left to go running, making me feel rather lazy.
Old 06-22-2003, 11:16 AM   #18
Cristian
Emerald Dragon

well if your addicted to Baldursgate and *Shudder* diablo II ....
then you will get bad sleep.... upp all night playing and on dyas im with the friends bad sleep tired ..... but its just during the lovley summer and not when i go to school [img]smile.gif[/img] beacuse in the summer you got to have fun m8 no time for sleep in the mornings hang with friends and be outside and later at night read books paint warhammer watch tv and play games sleep 2 hours Reapeat....

i think ill put up a pic on how im looking right now i look like shit [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-22-2003, 11:19 AM   #19
Faceman
Hathor

/comes to the cafe for consolation and sympathy

ok
Now my VGA adapter is dead and I'm writing this (and every other post for two days now) with extreme graphic errors all over the screen and in 640*480.
I've no money left for this month and unless my dad borrows me some I'll have to let my PC stay in that condition some time longer which sucks because my PC is also my stereo and my TV.
All that did of course NOT occur without a totally screwed up WinXP crying for a reinstall. For that I have to backup my first HD which contained 40+GB of movies to my second HD which containded 60+GB of movies and music and had only 10 GB left (10 are taken up by some programs a security installation of Windows, ...).
Now I've burned a whole lot of CDs but that still did not suffice as some movies can't be burned before repairing (which I can't do as my graphics adapter is curently not worth more than an empty can of Dr. Pepper).
So I had to delete my MP3 collection of 3700+ songs (13GB) which I have backed up on my Laptop.

I pray for me that I get a new VGA-adapter soon and that my Notebook does not "accidentally explode" or something.

*SOB* *Faceman starts whining and heads out for a pizza and a soda*
Old 06-22-2003, 11:26 AM   #20
Cristian
Emerald Dragon

ill pray for you m8 im sorry to hear i now almost exactly how it feels