Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 06-06-2001, 06:52 AM   #1
antonius
Zhentarim Guard

Using Shadowkeeper I edited a creatures and saved him into the override directory, when I encountered him it hadn't changed.

Specifically I edited Kangaxx (as lich and demi-lich) (I removed his spells ), didn't make any difference when I encountered him (I was slightly under-prepared to say the least).

I understand that it wouldn't work on a previously encountered creature (part of save-game) and an exit/restart is required.

Any ideas?
Old 06-06-2001, 07:03 AM   #2
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

he has Innate abilities, not spells. try his innate ones instead of wizard spells
Old 06-06-2001, 08:26 AM   #3
joetbd
Manshoon

Jon wears a belt, that prevents his hit points from falling below 1. I edited the belt and removed that. Has anyone else tried this, does it crash the game, when you kill him early?
Old 06-06-2001, 08:39 AM   #4
antonius
Zhentarim Guard

You've just reminded me what I wanted to try with Imoen in Irenicus' dungeon. It's that belt that causes her to run when I plunge my katana into her back

I did do this - someone obviously got out the rod of re-incarnation as she was still waiting for me when I got out.
Old 06-06-2001, 08:59 AM   #5
joetbd
Manshoon

There are a few copies of Imoen, in the game. you can kill her, leave her... what ever. When she shows up later, its not the same character. Its another character with the same name and appearance. Or at least thats how it appears from looking at the character files. I think there are about 4 Imoen Character files.

But has anyone killed Jon Irenicus, early? Does the game crash?