Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2001, 11:51 AM   #1
markincanada

In the first BG you could store excess spells etc in certain rooms (ie the inns) for a later time and they would still be there. What can you do in BG2? Thanks

Old 03-29-2001, 11:58 AM   #2
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

If I understand correctly, I believe that you are talking about scrolls. You can still store scrolls in inns. You can actually store them in any chest, dresser, hole, etc. that you can open and put things into. No one will mess with them if they are in some sort of container.
Old 03-29-2001, 12:13 PM   #3
samoza
The Magister

If you find the bag of holding in the assalyum then you can carry 'so' much stuuf with you. Its really useful for keping keys and other such things that you dont want to get rid off 'just in case' you need it later on.
Has ne1 got any idea how much it can hold becos i just seem to keep pouring stuff in their like theri is no end
Old 03-29-2001, 12:16 PM   #4
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

Bags of Holding do eventually fill-up...especially if you put armor and weapons into them. I've maxed mine out.

As far as keeping keys and stuff, I haven't heard of one occasion when a key or quest-related item was needed again after that particular quest was over. I would advise that you either drop that stuff on the ground somewhere or dump it in a chest. No point in carrying it around...
Old 03-29-2001, 12:41 PM   #5
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

You do have to be careful though. I stored a whole bunch of items at Nalia's castle before I really started the quest and lost it when I finished the quest.
It may have been a glitch in the program. I don't know. I now keep one house as storage for all my stuff. I keep it at Jan's house on the second floor.

------------------
Sir Taliesin

Ten Rings there are, and nine gold torcs on the battlechiefs of old...
Old 03-29-2001, 01:42 PM   #6
Sherpa Doug alias
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Bags of holding certainly do fill up. I think they hold about 100 "items", where a bunch of 40 arrows count as 40 items, but a suit of plate armor only counts as one!
They are great for weight reduction. Aerie can lug around a dozen suits of armor, if they are in the bag.

Sherpa Doug
Old 03-29-2001, 05:07 PM   #7
Epona
Zartan

Hint about storing things in containers.

Pick one in a location where nothing major is likely to happen. I ALWAYS use the table just outside the Mithrest Inn at Waulkeen's Promenade - this is an absolutely tried & tested safe option. This is the reason -

Any location which is 'reset' at any point during the game runs the risk of all the containers in it also being 'reset' - to empty or with just a few coins in. Areas where I have encountered problems include:

THERE MAY BE QUEST SPOILERS BELOW
The Copper Coronet (after the slavers quest is finished)
The Five Flagons (After bard stronghold given and again when quests finished)
Nalia's Keep (after fighter stronghold given and again when quests finished)
Mae'Var's Guild (ditto)
I expect there are other areas which are similar, but you get the picture.

I don't know if this is just a bug with my game, but I am now very wary about which containers I put stuff in. Using the above locations before all quests are completed usually results in all your hard-earned goods being changed into 1 or 2 gold when the quest is done.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas.
Old 03-29-2001, 05:15 PM   #8
BG2SOA

I'm the leader of Mae'Vars guild (which is now mine ) so I keep all my stuff there.
Old 03-29-2001, 06:48 PM   #9
Lord Shield

There are even a couple of spaces in the Promenade (behind a tapestry and in a barrel, etc) where you can hold things. They're all over the place

Old 03-29-2001, 07:02 PM   #10
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

The Temple of Lathander is a good place for storing stuff if you are a Cleric. You will get some work from them and they let you use the chest at the right of the hall. Never goes missing.
Bag of Holding: Don't store 'multiple' items like arrows or darts in there, 'cos it stores them as single items. For example, a 40pack of arrows only fills one space in your inventory, but it fills 40 spaces in the Bag!! Rather limits how much else you can get in there!
F.