Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2002, 07:58 PM   #11
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Byronas:
Well there are no Greeks but anyway I am glad you guys found you families in it!
So you and Adam Warlock and /)eathkiller should all become members and add your family info...who knows, maybe someone looking into the site afterwards can contact you and give you more info like I did for my distant cousin! I wonder how old she is...what she looks like? I will have to investigate further!

[ 07-22-2002, 07:58 PM: Message edited by: Moni ]

Old 07-22-2002, 07:59 PM   #12
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
quote:
Originally posted by /)eathKiller:
well acoording to all of those types of sites I never existed...
LOL That's not true, it just means that none of your family members have ever become members of the sites to add the information.
I'm not in there...yet. [img]smile.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]I'm pretty sure the reason I'm in there, and there is so much info on my family, is cos my bro has spent years researching our family history. If anyone doesn't find themselves in there, it's up to them to get it sorted!
Old 07-22-2002, 08:06 PM   #13
Mojo
Elminster

I'm not there...I feel empty inside...
Old 07-22-2002, 08:15 PM   #14
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

LOL I doubt that anyone want to add themselves because of their last names in the past.... it's a good thing that (on my mom's side)my grandmother took grandfather's last name.... who would want to be called Miss/Ms. Schmuck? (it's true, honest! *points at the certificate*)

I did a little investigating before I brought this computer. I was at the Highland Festival at Alma, Michigan and did small research there.
my father's ancestry goes way back: There is a small clan in the middle of all Highlands but they didn't really last long... they either faded out, conquered, or joined with another clan and took a different name. as for my mother's, there's a clan in the Highlands as well. go as far in the 1500's
so my ancestry is mostly European.
Old 07-22-2002, 08:40 PM   #15
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by adam warlock:
LOL I doubt that anyone want to add themselves because of their last names in the past.... it's a good thing that (on my mom's side)my grandmother took grandfather's last name.... who would want to be called Miss/Ms. Schmuck? (it's true, honest! *points at the certificate*)
Hey Schmuck ain't so bad! Through my grandfather's grandmother, I found out that I am a freaking Clampett! I knew I loved bluegrass for good reason LOL! Throw off the shoes, break out the jug, and grab the banjos and the spoons! We's gonna have ourselves a big 'ol party out at the cement pond! YeeHaw!
[img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]
All these years I have made fun of genuine hillbillies and here I am one LMAO...that ain't all either! She was also related to the McCoys! EDIT...Info from my new-found cousin...NOT THE SAME McCoys that feuded with the Hatfields...LMAO that is SUCH a relief!

Your European history is definitely cool! My mother took a trip to Ireland to fill in the missing pieces of her family tree and came back with ties to families that go back as far as Ireland has been and then some...the way she "embellishes" her written forms of her families history though, I am inclined to believe they were all just criminals and she is making up for it by giving them grand historys, including ties to Mary Queen of Scots.

[ 07-22-2002, 11:14 PM: Message edited by: Moni ]

Old 07-23-2002, 03:36 PM   #16
Moni

Well, I got a thank you from my distant cousin for all the information but she didn't mention the graveyard so I don't know if she knew about it already.

I also tried to trace my grandfather's roots into Scotland but there are so many people with the same name as that one ancestor that I would still be there looking for them tomorrow LOL. I did confirm the Irish, German, and English roots as well...I think I mentioned sometime back thatI was a mutt!

My cousin also sent me this poem her father wrote and I thought I'd share it with Y'all (hey I can say Y'all, I'm a Clampett! LOL)

While I sit here penning rhyme
My mind flees back to the good ol’ time
When our families were joined by hands
In a little section of these mighty lands.

Now we are parted and each in his place
Trying to keep up with the hectic pace
We live the lives that are selected for us
The Almighty has chosen, it is ever thus.

And out of the depths of me come a boundless emotion
That fills me completely with a sacred Devotion
And makes me very proud to be
An insignificant twig on a family tree.

[ 07-23-2002, 03:42 PM: Message edited by: Moni ]

Old 07-23-2002, 06:39 PM   #17
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Hey, I seem to be the great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great grandson of Jesus.
Who woulda thunk it? Me, Rob Christ, actually having something INTERESTING about him!
Old 07-23-2002, 09:13 PM   #18
Moni

An illegitimate Christ child! Now that is a miracle! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Old 07-23-2002, 09:22 PM   #19
Elric of Scotland
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hey moni tell your mom not that great to be associated with mary queen of scots.....she wasn't very bright.
Old 07-23-2002, 10:24 PM   #20
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Elric of Scotland:
Hey moni tell your mom not that great to be associated with mary queen of scots.....she wasn't very bright.
Oh dare I pluck the pride from a witch's bosom and toss it to a laughing wind?
I think not dude, she's one scary bitch!

[ 07-23-2002, 10:41 PM: Message edited by: Moni ]