Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2001, 02:53 PM   #1
Ragnar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

What makes a good party.

Any suggestions on a good party please post for me. I have played over and over again and decided to play once more with a party all you nice people suggest for me...

Thanks in advance...(I'll stay here a while)
Old 12-05-2001, 03:09 PM   #2
Kaleban
Manshoon

Check Gamebanshee under the Strategy Guides section, there's a bunch of "perfect party" listings there.

The possible combinations of NPCs alone is quite high, and factor in the available classes for you to choose from means that it is difficult to make a clear-cut good party.

A good guideline for a powerful but flexible party is balance, like so:

2 characters who can take the hits (tanks)
1 1/2 healers (cleric or druid)
1 1/2 mages (pure, mulit, or bard)
1 thief for traps and pick pocketing
2 ranged characters (archers, slingers, or crossbowman, and there is always the Boomerang Dagger +2)

The 1/2 designation refers to a character who is either multiclassed, or a "half" class, like a bard (mage), Ranger (druid), and Paladin (cleric). lasses like Fighter/Mages can take over multiple duties, but will not be as strong as 2 pure characters obviously, so you have to compute the tradeoffs.

Make sure that each weapon proficiency is represented at least at a basic level (1 star) between your party, as there are several weapons that are restricted by class and are quite good (Carsomyr comes to mind...).
Old 12-05-2001, 03:12 PM   #3
Keylow
Manshoon

I don't know, but it would definitly have to be balanced, coz that's the key to a good party.
With which characters have you played allready??

Anywayz, the party I got right now is pretty balanced out:
berserker/cleric (pretty classic combo...)
Minsc
Keldorn
Jaheira
Jan
Imoen (Couldn't leave her behind, now could I?)

Some might say that it's kinda fighter heavy, but it's working oout for me. I got 3 melee warriors (I keep Jaheira back with a sling), 2 healers, 2 mages, and a theif and a half.

Anywayz, I think it would be pretty cool to play as a Stalker. I like the type of character. You can be stealthy, you can kick some butt, you got some support spells and voila --> You have a cool character! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Or you could try the all powerfull Sorceror...