Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2003, 08:41 AM   #11
DJG
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Mouse:
That I can sign up to [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Thanks Mouse! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Quote:
Unfortunately, some people have an unshakeable belief that their desk is superior and that all other desks should be disregarded. Either that, or they see that you don't have a desk and try to force you to use their style of desk whether it fits your needs or not.
Yeah, I think you're taking what I said too far.......

Quote:
Me, I'm a comfy armchair kind of guy
Yeah, so am I. Nice leather swivel chairs. But bear in mind I don't worship mine!

Quote:
Originally posted by Lovisa:
Yeah u got a poin there DJG...that sound really good let's vote for that
All in favour of my opinion say "Aye Aye Captain!"
Old 06-10-2003, 09:53 AM   #12
Gnarf
Emerald Dragon

Aye Aye Captain!
As long as they don't come at my door'n bug me about all the benefits of worshiping satan (that goes for all religions though, and the "Worship this vacuum cleaner! Cheeeaaap, godly vacuum cleaner, this! Only $ 999.99!!" stuff as well), and stay outa bugging others not involved in it (sacrificing virgins etc.), I think they should be free to do whatever they want [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-10-2003, 10:14 AM   #13
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

I am addressing Satanism as I know of it here. By definition, one who worships Satan, ie: The Angel cast out of Heaven.

For one to believe in Satan in this respect, one must believe in God too. And to worship Satan is to turn against God.

All I have to say about this is that I believe it's very real. With consequences. The ones I believe in are in The Bible

As a Christian, I believe in a God given gift of free will. They are free to worship whomever they want. I am free to suggest an alternative.
They are normal people who do have the same rights and lack of rights as everyone else IMHO.
Old 06-10-2003, 10:16 AM   #14
DJG
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Gnarf:
Aye Aye Captain!
As long as they don't come at my door'n bug me about all the benefits of worshiping satan (that goes for all religions though, and the "Worship this vacuum cleaner! Cheeeaaap, godly vacuum cleaner, this! Only $ 999.99!!" stuff as well), and stay outa bugging others not involved in it (sacrificing virgins etc.), I think they should be free to do whatever they want [img]smile.gif[/img]
LOL, you think salesmen breach the right to free worship? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-10-2003, 10:23 AM   #15
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

"ur" is the SMS shorthand for "you are"
"yr" is the SMS shorthand for "your"
get it right [img]tongue.gif[/img]

As for Satanists? They are either misguided fools or evil SOBs

[ 06-10-2003, 10:24 AM: Message edited by: Vaskez ]
Old 06-10-2003, 10:30 AM   #16
Callum Kerr
Drizzt Do'Urden

Yeah let 'em woship... just so long as I don't get dragged in the middle of the pentagram

But Satanism (IMHO) seems pointless to me... to me it means that you know about the good guy... but you choose to side with the guy that will give you eternal torment for your troubles...

'Course... I'm not an expert as you may guess

I don't believe in anything btw
[img]\"http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RwARAyMWqyivmPQQNWY0hVVRv3oUvlvq5uMcEd3!RZut55dm8 emNqpdvpE7IkB0Cpa1ykaC4MbaPQTDKfXyfz!1y5xDqyJez01d EkyCZjmc/Callum.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Puff the magic dragon!
Old 06-10-2003, 10:31 AM   #17
DJG
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
Oooohooohooo! You're asking him to correct SMS shorthand, a shorthand that bypasses all the laws of grammar in the English language? That's a new one!

Quote:
All in the spirit, do you not think you might be a little narrow minded there Vaskez? Have you ever actually met a satanist?

If no, then you're being sterotypical. [img]smile.gif[/img]
If yes, and they tried to kill you, then I sit corrected! (Who stands when they're typing?) [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 06-10-2003, 10:34 AM: Message edited by: DJG ]
Old 06-10-2003, 10:34 AM   #18
Callum Kerr
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:

Is that so? i didn't know that... I tend to either type it out or use "ur" for "your" and "u r" for "you are"/"you're"
[img]\"http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RwARAyMWqyivmPQQNWY0hVVRv3oUvlvq5uMcEd3!RZut55dm8 emNqpdvpE7IkB0Cpa1ykaC4MbaPQTDKfXyfz!1y5xDqyJez01d EkyCZjmc/Callum.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Puff the magic dragon!
Old 06-10-2003, 10:46 AM   #19
Cristian
Emerald Dragon

A Christian it is in english im offended why come god deny my name [img]tongue.gif[/img] why oh why does it have to have an H....
Old 06-10-2003, 12:07 PM   #20
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by DJG:
All in the spirit, do you not think you might be a little narrow minded there Vaskez? Have you ever actually met a satanist?

If no, then you're being sterotypical. [img]smile.gif[/img]
If yes, and they tried to kill you, then I sit corrected! (Who stands when they're typing?) [img]tongue.gif[/img]
I'm very open-minded to opinions similar to my own
Seriously, I just think anyone who believes in Satan and therefore believes in God and still chooses to worship the evil one is either very misguided or very evil. I don't think I've met any truly evil people, I shudder to think what they would be like, but I would hope they get locked up at the very least, pretty soon.

Maybe I am a little narrow minded but I've had enough debates to know that NO ONE ever convinces anyone of anything, and so it is almost as though they completely disregard each other's opinions anyway, no matter how polite they are about it. I just cut all the crap and straight keep my mind shut to alien opinions instead of wasting time arguing about it, gettting pissed off and ending up keeping my own opinion anyway - saves a lot of hassle and typing.

I'm fed up of people's thickheadedness, on here and everywhere else and have decided not to give a damn any more and just give my opinion straight out without sugarcoating it at all, whether people like it or not [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 06-10-2003, 12:11 PM: Message edited by: Vaskez ]