Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2001, 02:48 PM   #1
naw
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Money sure seems to be hard to come by in this game. I spend most of my money identifying items in hopes of getting something else than rusty swords or rotten bows. For a beginning party this is hard going, can't afford to practice in the guilds.

I'm sure there are many tricks (not cheats) to get money, could anyone indulge me into their secrets? I've been mostly doing the eastern parts of the forest up to the graveyard but not yet into the crypts. I would like to have little more punch going against anything tougher than what I currently have.

//Naw
naw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2001, 04:11 PM   #2
Knarfling
Drow Warrior

Welcome to the boad, Naw!

There are several tips and tricks to saving/getting money early in the game. For the most part, if you don't want to use the inn cheat (or if you have the patch installed) money is scarce at the beginning of the game. However, there are a few tips and tricks to help.

1. bring up the sell sceen before you Identify something. Since he will pay you about half the value for an unidentified object, you can get a good idea what the object will be before you identify it. Keep a note of how much each item is worth. If you have five swords that are the same price (or very close to it) it is a good bet that they are all the same type of sword. Having them all in one person's inventory will allow you to get them all identified for the price of one.

2. Arrows and stackable items. The more you have, the more you get. But that is not all. Selling 10 arrows at once will give you more than selling 10 arrows one at a time. Combine things that can be stacked.

3. If you have one arrow that is identified, every time that person picks up another arrow just like it, it will be identified too. The same with potions. This will save a lot on identify fees.

4. Buy and sell back arrows. It takes a bit of money to get started, but The quickest way in the begginning of the game (without using the inn cheat) to gain money is to have your warrior buy +1 arrows. Have him buy 2 or 3 groups of them, merge them together and sell them back. He will have more money than he started out with.

Good Luck!

Knarfling

------------------
Only two of my personalites have delusions, but one of them is paranoid and the other is out to get him.
Knarfling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2001, 11:55 AM   #3
Bunny
Dungeon Master

Hail Brave Warrior,

Yeah, funds can be a real drag early on in the game, the cheat that worked best for me is going to the Bushido guild in the second town (O.K. so I forgot the name and probably spelled the Bushido wrong,) and get the quest to deliver the arrows to a samurai. If you sell those arrows at the smithy you get over 1000gp for them, then buy them back for approx. 200gp. I kept doing this for awhile until I had enough cash to buy some decent equipment (much needed before heading to Serpent Temple and especially Castle Ruins.)

Hope this helps....happy fighting.

So close to Kerah, she usues my Birthday for her Lotto pick numbers,
Bunny

Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2001, 12:03 PM   #4
sageridder
Drizzt Do'Urden

Go to the "Best Tips" thread down below,look at the top of page 2.In fact read them all, much wisdom is within that thread.

------------------
Trust is indeed a shiny jewel,set in the stone of friendship.And much like any other stone can be use to crush the skulls of those unsuspecting.To clear the path for me to claim my rightfull place as master of all I survey.

..........O,_
......_.L.=\_:
~~(_)==(_)

[This message has been edited by sageridder (edited 07-05-2001).]
sageridder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2001, 06:10 PM   #5
naw
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by sageridder:
Go to the "Best Tips" thread down below,look at the top of page 2.In fact read them all, much wisdom is within that thread.
Unfortunately I have patched my game and I wouldn't want to resort to cheating anyway. Other ideas were good, though. I'll start carrying around identified items so when I pick up one from ground it automatically gets identified. Eats up some inventory space, but I guess that can't be helped.

//Naw

Old 07-06-2001, 04:36 AM   #6
Merack
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm running a patched version and you can still buy and sell arrows.

When it comes to a choice between being able to train in useful skills in all the guilds or not buying and selling arrows to raise some extra capital, I always seem to end up more skillful.

Merack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2001, 12:07 PM   #7
mikeyg123
The Magister

i have an assassin that has the mechant trait...so i go to the bushido guild and buy as many takeucatssdag (what ever they r called) arrows and sell them back to the guy...i bought them for around 400(for one set) and sold that set for over 1100.

good luck

------------------
"if u dont like sex,.... get out of the kitchen!!!"
mikeyg123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2001, 09:53 AM   #8
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, Naw!!!

Hope you are getting rich now!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2001, 12:20 PM   #9
naw
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well I am not! At the moment I seem to have about 400, which is enough to identify a bunch of bracelets, rusty swords and primitive bows, I might even be able to make a donation to the temple

//Naw
Old 07-13-2001, 07:02 PM   #10
VIXEN
Dungeon Master

Well one way if you get tired of trying to "find" the gold is to go to then inn in Valeia and disband 1 of your party members...create a new charactar..then delete your NEW charactar and each time you create and delete a NEW character you inherit the 200 gold they start with... time consuming..but works in a pinch...lol
VIXEN is offline   Reply With Quote