Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2003, 10:08 AM   #21
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

What you need is a friggin alsation to bite the bastards' asses.

[ 02-19-2003, 10:08 AM: Message edited by: Vaskez ]
Old 02-19-2003, 10:13 AM   #22
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
What you need is a friggin alsation to bite the bastards' asses.
Can't do that in the states because then the theif can sue you for damages, pain and suffering and mental distress. I think the "professional" theif can even claim Workers Comp.

Old 02-19-2003, 11:27 AM   #23
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Oh man, I'm so sorry Mem. jeez, some people are so #^^&*%^@ing evil!
I hope insurance will cover most of it.. (try to argue for as much as you can--they will try hard to screw you as well)

It is true. There are many people in this world that need to get beat. and BAD. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I hope you get your girlmobile fixed soon though! [img]smile.gif[/img] One night, we left our garage open and someone in a STOLEN church van pulled into or driveway and walked into our garage and took our pushmower lawnmower ($500) and sped away WHILE WE WERE INSIDE watching TV. Pissed me off SO BAD!!!!!!! So I feel ya man

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 02-19-2003, 11:45 AM   #24
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

bad luck, memnoch This is why I always keep my car in a private car park with CCTV. Even if someone breaks in, chances are they're gonna be caught.
Old 02-19-2003, 01:03 PM   #25
Gammit
Elminster

I say you hire a vigilante. They fix everything... just like in the movies! "You're gonna PAY for what you've done..." In other words, sorry to hear about that.
Old 02-19-2003, 01:03 PM   #26
wellard
Dracolisk

It was not me, no one saw me do it, i've got witnesses

sorry Memnoch

just heard on the news tonight that a 17 year old kid in a stolen monaro killed himself when being chased by police near my house. I guess the answer to the problem is making cars harder to break into. You would have your car intact and some parents would not be in tears as i write at the loss of thier loved one. [img]graemlins/verysad.gif[/img]

car makers could try harder could'nt they?

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 02-19-2003, 01:16 PM   #27
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Memnoch, my Elite Theft Avenger Gibberling Squad is on the way now.
They will not survive, leave it to me!
Old 02-19-2003, 01:26 PM   #28
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
No no no...when I say security garage, I mean a garage which requires a magic zapper to get in - it doesn't have actual security or anything. How they got into the garage is a mystery.

Yorick, it's actually the garage under my apartment block in McMahons Point, which is not a suburb where you'd expect to find people casing garages to break into cars - it's normally very safe and quite affluent.

I spoke to the police (they had to fingerprint my car and found ONE fingerprint - I hope it's from the basturd that did this ) and they told me that there were a LOT of break-ins in garages around our area last night - which is the first time in years it's happened. Seems like the perps were looking for cash and stereos.

It's so infuriating because you feel helpless and can't do a thing about it. [img]graemlins/madhell.gif[/img]
Most likely the thieves just parked nearby and slipped in on foot behind someone going in with the remote control. It's a shame you can't feel safe parking in your own garage or the one for your building!
Old 02-19-2003, 05:15 PM   #29
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Sorry to hear about that Memnoch.

What a jerk! [img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img]

I never lock my glove compartment or my trunk because I don't have anything in either of value. I do lock my doors, but if they get past that, they have full access and can instantly see I don't have anything they want.

It's a completely different scenario, but I used to have a Jeep Wrangler (or as I say a real Jeep-Jeep) with a soft top. I NEVER even locked my doors because I didn't want someone to cut through or otherwise damage that $1500 top trying to get in.

Again, sorry to hear the idiots got loose near your new ride.

[ 02-19-2003, 05:23 PM: Message edited by: Ronn_Bman ]
Old 02-19-2003, 05:45 PM   #30
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Dude! That totally sucks. My sister's car was broken into also...just not as much damage.Sorry this had to happen to you Memnoch.
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi