Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2002, 05:17 PM   #1
FEULMAN
Elite Waterdeep Guard

can somebody help me.in the vale of shadows,after i defeat mytos i cant go any farther.i cant get through the doors to the right !!!!i think ive got all the keys,i could be wrong,.where do i go from here?am i doing something wrong or am i just blind.thanks for any help!!!!!!!
FEULMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2002, 09:33 PM   #2
the new JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by FEULMAN:
can somebody help me.in the vale of shadows,after i defeat mytos i cant go any farther.i cant get through the doors to the right !!!!i think ive got all the keys,i could be wrong,.where do i go from here?am i doing something wrong or am i just blind.thanks for any help!!!!!!!
It looks like you mist a key. Most people don't find those hallways to that door but you have a key problem. It would help if you listed the keys you have so we can give you the location of the missing one. Do you also have the holy sumbol of Myrkull ?
Old 08-02-2002, 09:45 PM   #3
FEULMAN
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thanks for the reply!!!here is a list of the keys i have 2-sanctum keys 1-gate key 1-priests key am i missing one?????
Old 08-02-2002, 09:54 PM   #4
FEULMAN
Elite Waterdeep Guard

p.s i also have the symbole
Old 08-02-2002, 10:54 PM   #5
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

Welcome to IronWorks, Fuelman! [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

Are you unable to move to the right in the area behind the spot where you fought Mytos? If so the problem may not be that you have missed a key, but that you haven't found the entrance to that corridor. There is a quirk in the graphics here where if you try to walk down what seems to be the hallway you can't move because the program treats it as a wall. Try walking a little lower, along what looks the bottom wall of the hallway and you should be able to advance through.

A map of this level of the tomb can be found here This map does contain a minor spoiler, however.

[ 08-02-2002, 10:57 PM: Message edited by: Cyril Darkcloud ]
Old 08-03-2002, 01:05 PM   #6
FEULMAN
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i tried looking around and moving like you suggested and nothing seems to be !!!working!!!!the door doesnt even turn blue likethe others do when you move the cursur to it.am i in need of a patch??or am i doing something im not supposed to?????thanx for the input,,,,but im still stuck lol
Old 08-03-2002, 01:10 PM   #7
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

There is no door in that cooridor -- it is simply an open passageway, that's why it does not turn blue. The only thing I can suggest at the moment is patience and repetition here. It took me quite a while to find the right way to move through here. I found that to be the hardest part of the entire Vale of Shadows [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img] Try clicking in the dark area past the entrance, a little ways into the corridor and about an inch below the hallway line and see if your characters will walk there.
Cyril Darkcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2002, 01:24 PM   #8
FEULMAN
Elite Waterdeep Guard

ok ill try that thank you for the help it gets aggravating sometimes ill let you know if i get through