Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2002, 08:20 PM   #1
Darkon Blackblood
The Magister

Hey, i just finished the game with a elver Fighter/Mage, i've also played as a Sorccerer, Berserker, Fighter/Cleric, and a Paladin. What should I play as, that does not gain the De'Arnise Keep as their stronghold, i'd like to try a new stronghold, but not the theif because i don't want the theives guild. What is a good, fun (not a kind of Bard), that is fairly powerful, not a strait mage. I was thinking about Ranger, but what kind, or maybe not, give me some suggestions, please also include, a suggested race, the stats that i should go for, good complementary items, and good party members to compliment the character. Please don't tell me that i should pick for myself and it depends on how i want to play the game. I want your suggestion on what character i should make, and if you want to give me the advice that tells me to pick for myself, stow it.
Old 04-29-2002, 09:41 PM   #2
DragonSlayer25
Drow Warrior

SORCERER!!!SORCERER!!!SORCERER!!!!

and if you haven't guessed my favorite class is a SORCERER!!! go for 18's in int, wis, & dex(for missle weapon adjustment)and at least 12's in everything else.
It\'s like a whole other world<br />Where you can smell the food<br />But you can\'t touch the silverware.<br /><br />[url]\"http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Porkmeister\" target=\"_blank\">http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Porkmeister</a>
DragonSlayer25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2002, 01:12 AM   #3
ZFR
Legion Symbol

try half-orc priest of lathander... neutral good

your party:
yourslef
keldron
valygar/minsc (valygar preffered)
HaerDalis
JanJansen
Yoshimo exchanged for Imoen...

stats:
strength 19
dexterity 18
wisdom 18
rest distribute between charisma and constitution... but dont keep intelligence too low or you wont be able to cast priest spells from scrolls

also i would suggest getting weapon profs in flail to use flail of ages... also mace warhammer... sling

[ 04-30-2002, 01:17 AM: Message edited by: ZFR ]
Old 04-30-2002, 01:14 AM   #4
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

You've just played my favourite.... it dont get better than Elven F/M....
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2002, 02:29 AM   #5
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Look at the right of this page. The Class Specific Quests are all the stronghold quest available in the game.
Old 04-30-2002, 05:40 AM   #6
Daniel_M
Elminster

If you want ot go for a different challenge go for a wizard slayer.
Old 04-30-2002, 06:12 AM   #7
Luther
Manshoon

Monks are interesting classes. Their hands and feets and tried-and-true lethal weapons. Makes for quite a different experience than just dragging yourself through the whole game again as simple variation of a fighter or mage as Monks really do have to play differently than other classes. No armour, no specialization in weapons. Just Bruce Lee lethality all the way.

Also, Barbarians are good too. Especially when coupled with the Half-Orc race.
Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2002, 06:29 AM   #8
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Luther:
Monks are interesting classes. Their hands and feets and tried-and-true lethal weapons. Makes for quite a different experience than just dragging yourself through the whole game again as simple variation of a fighter or mage as Monks really do have to play differently than other classes. No armour, no specialization in weapons. Just Bruce Lee lethality all the way.

Also, Barbarians are good too. Especially when coupled with the Half-Orc race.
yup but both monks and barbarians have darenise keep as their stronghold
Old 04-30-2002, 04:57 PM   #9
Darkon Blackblood
The Magister

i said someone who doesn't get the De'Arnise Keep, meaning not Fighter, Barbarian, or Monk
Old 04-30-2002, 05:18 PM   #10
Hanz123
The Magister

Try a ranger dual to cleric combo. You get both cleric and druid spells and a new stronghold. As a kit you can start with beast master or stalker (if you dual at level 12 stalker to cleric you get 3 mage spells).

As a ranger you start with 2 dula wield points, which is deadly with the flail of ages and the hammer of thunderbolts (or something like that). I'm trying that now and I can say Í'm enyoing it. Try it.