Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2002, 08:41 AM   #21
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

*humming* Rain rain go away! Come again some other day!

Ok, sis, I tried! [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img] It figures you have drought conditions all summer down that way and the week you take off for the beach it rains! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Hope you can find things to do and the rain quits for a few days at least!
Old 08-31-2002, 06:42 PM   #22
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Johnny - LOL, no unfortunately the hash "rounds" I spoke of were diced potatoes, made into a flat round ball and deep fried. Kinea like a stepped on tater tot LOL [img]tongue.gif[/img]

LofA - Oh you find it amusing do you that Ladyzekke got rained on eh? [img]tongue.gif[/img] That's OK, I chuckle too every month when you are making your truck payment heehee Blah, well I would have made you proud and envious though with my alcohol consumption!

CloudSis - This is all your fault you know "Cloudbringer" (tap tap tap). *sob* what did I do to deserve such cruel punishment? *sob* I mean, dang you even brought in the lightning! It's because I messed with your cloud display at the mage convention a few weeks ago isn't it? I know some of those shapes I made were a bit, err, scandalous, but the crowd seemed to enjoy them

Reality Show Recaps
Old 08-31-2002, 06:47 PM   #23
Ladyzekke

BORING BEACH CONCLUSION: [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Unfortunately, things weren't all that much better the rest of the week weather-wise. Woke up once AGAIN Thursday to pouring rain. It cleared up around noon a bit, no rain but it was cloudy, which made the temperature cooler. Went to the beach anyway, whitewater city in the ocean. I went in for 10 minutes and said screw this. I was being beaten to death LOL! And the ground was very spotty, you never know when walking forwards towards the waves what you will step into. Could be 5 inch hole, could be a foot hole, could be a two foot hole, could be a bottomless pit, no tellin! After one washing machine I was outta there. (Washing machine is what I call when a huge wave looms over your head and you don't position your raft or boogie board correctly and end up doing a head over heel spin inside the wave, water pushing up your nose, forget blowing air outta there, water is too powerful and just drowns your mouth and nose, by the time you come to a stop under water you literally can't tell which way is up you are so disoriented from spinning, just have to reach your hands out and find the ground LOL. It sucks LOL. Lots of tiny rocks too in the water, in the waves, so you get a little tenderizing as well LOL. So I layed out on the beach and Cloud bathed for two hours while others braver than I swam in the ocean. Got sprinkled on twice, then literally got cold when this one big dark cloud went overhead, had to wrap my towel over me. Felt like a wimp cause everyone else on the beach didn't seem cold at all LOL. Finally we left, after I mentioned "it is 4:00pm now, it's shark feeding time, nobody should be in the water" LOL.

Drank much beer (hey we had to drink it all before we left!) Shit nothing else to do in the evenings I swear. Dammit I wish it was at least warmer so we could have swam in the frikken pool! Damn thing kept getting rained in and was cold!

Blah, I hate to be bitching so much LOL, but I'm just so bummed dammit. You couldn't get worse luck really. Lots of people warned me that it might be hurricane season, and we might get evacuated, and that they've been there done that, is risking it vacationing on the Outer Banks in late August. Shit, I'm at the point where I think a hurricane would have been better, at least we would have been made to leave, instead we just had to endure the slow torture of clouds and storms and el boringo nights.

So we left early, Friday at noon. Coulda stayed till today (Saturday), but checkout time was 9:00am [img]tongue.gif[/img] , plus that is the same checkout time for many many many others renting houses (traffic nightmare). Anyway, it was still RAINING on Friday, raining there today too, will rain there tomorrow as well. So it's over now and I'm glad to be home, which is just WRONG to say when returning from a vacation, it's supposed to be the other way around!

Blah, I'm gonna go unpack and find a place for my two little colored fiber optic glass balls [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 08-31-2002, 08:42 PM   #24
Moni

Aw
Well, Welcome Back, LadyZekke. I'm sorry you had such a cruddy vacation but hey...where else would you have gotten those two little colored fiber optic glass balls with such a story attached to them?

Washing Machines suck!!!!!!! Gawd LMAO It was at Outer Banks that I experienced my first and last washing machine lol...washed up on the beach on my face!!!
[img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]
shush lol

P.S. Good going staying away from AOL! Treat their offers like they are possessed with the devil, I know their employees are lol.

[ 08-31-2002, 08:46 PM: Message edited by: Moni ]

Old 08-31-2002, 09:21 PM   #25
Ladyzekke

LOL, that's funny Moni, that your first and last Washing Machine was from the same place my ONLY washing machine experiences have been as well, and you live in Texas right? So you must have visited at some point? No doubt the Washing Machine sucks, like you, I wash up on shore like so much seaweed and just pray my top to my swim suit is still on (one time it wasn't LOL, talk about embarrassing, people got cameras on the beach man!, and I was so disoriented I didn't even know right off. But funny enough, some boy not too far away from me lost his entire swimming trunks and couldn't find them LOL. His parents swam in with a bunch of towels LOL.

[ 08-31-2002, 09:22 PM: Message edited by: ladyzekke ]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 08-31-2002, 10:19 PM   #26
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
LOL, that's funny Moni, that your first and last Washing Machine was from the same place my ONLY washing machine experiences have been as well, and you live in Texas right? So you must have visited at some point? No doubt the Washing Machine sucks, like you, I wash up on shore like so much seaweed and just pray my top to my swim suit is still on (one time it wasn't LOL, talk about embarrassing, people got cameras on the beach man!, and I was so disoriented I didn't even know right off. But funny enough, some boy not too far away from me lost his entire swimming trunks and couldn't find them LOL. His parents swam in with a bunch of towels LOL.
I haven't seen the east coast in 27-30 years. Our summer vacations had us going through the Smokies all the way to Charlotte (?) SC where my grandad owned a second home and back up the east coast all the way to Maryland before cutting back west toward Ohio. I have probably been through your town LOL.
I was in NC in 1987 but that was all business, no chance to go to the beach whatsoever.
One of these years....one of these years lol.