Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2002, 06:10 PM   #1
Aunora Moonvale
Elite Waterdeep Guard

So I installed ToB ready for some more adventuring with my Cavalier but also wanted to continue my new Ranger/Cleric game I had just started. Unfortunately my computer will no longer read my SoA disc 2.

Also in the pocket plane in ToB I dropped Minsc for a while to try out a summoned Valygar. I want Mincs back, but all it says when I try to talk to him is "cannot innitiate dialogue, minsc appears busy". He's just standing there fer crying out loud! how busy could he be?

My third problem has been going since SoA. My boots of speed don't seem to work on my Cavelier- they speed up any of my other party members, just not him- is it a class restriction or a bug? Thanks for any help with these most frustrating difficulties
Old 03-12-2002, 06:27 PM   #2
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

I cannot help with your first questions but question 3 does your cavalier have any items that stop you from being stopped or slowed(a ring of free action prehaps) because if so it will render your boots of speed useless.
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 06:31 PM   #3
Aunora Moonvale
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i didn't know that a ring of free action would do that!- that explains one of my problems -thanks
Old 03-12-2002, 07:18 PM   #4
Maighread
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Although you can get around that conflict by unequipping both the ring and the boots, and then reequiping the boots first, then the ring. It's kind of annoying since you have to do it everytime you save, but...if you want both, it works
Maighread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2002, 09:18 PM   #5
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Use your ToB CD to play new SoA games.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote