Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2002, 03:59 PM   #1
Oruboris

Any way to get into the main vault without pissing off the guards? Do the city guards become hostile if you kill all the bank guards? Anything in there to make it worth while?

Oru
Oruboris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 04:12 PM   #2
GenXCub
Drow Warrior

Spoiler

The only area of the bank you can have access to are the personal vaults. You can get down there in one of two ways. One is to give Lorrac one of the keycards you've found from He Li, Anna, or Antone. The other way is to press the red button behind her. The one on the left side when facing Lorrac. The other 2 will call the guards and you don't want the higardi on your bad side at this point.

The big gain down here is Bloodlust which you can get if you have Antone's keycard. There's also a tough fight with a Golem, but he's not guarding much. Like I said, Bloodlust (sword) is a GREAT find and pretty much the only thing of worth down there.
Old 04-15-2002, 04:39 PM   #3
Annheiser
Manshoon

The other bank vault leads to the same area you can reach via the Jailor's Stockade. No point pissing off the Higardi.
Old 04-15-2002, 05:12 PM   #4
otter
Elminster

The town patrols don't care if you kill bank personnel. In fact, one time the patrols came in and helped me. But you can get into the vault on the other sid from the safe-deposits without a fight, like thay say, through the tunnel from the jail.
otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2002, 05:43 AM   #5
Oruboris

HA! Never found the tunnel in the jail! Have to look closer...

Did get bloodlust, haven't equipped it on samurai as I thought it was useful to let him keep a long range attack-- he has no decent magic, yet...

Though am most of the way through the rats, can't kill Don whatever to get C of C, so am thinking of going back to an older save and getting the 'slow' spell first...

Thanks for the help!

Oru
Oruboris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2002, 09:41 AM   #6
dale
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Oruboris:
Did get bloodlust, haven't equipped it on samurai as I thought it was useful to let him keep a long range attack-- he has no decent magic, yet...
If you have someone who has the "remove curse" spell (or a bishop) then you can let your samurai use the bloodlust and keep a long range attack. It is quite difficult to swap out the bloodlust during combat, but if you remember to cast remove curse after each combat you can start the samurai out with ranged weapon and then swap him when you get in melee range.

It is a pain -- and I keep forgetting to do the remove curse.

BTW, once you find the tunnel, there is a lock with a lot of tumblers at the end. It is a good place to have your magic users practice Knock Knock -- and thus boost up their earth skill and magic skill (Wizard or alchemy).