Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2003, 06:40 PM   #1
SecretMaster

This is will be an Epic RPG for everyone to join. The whole point of this RPG is mainly to rekindle the flame that this forum once had. I will be attempting to "advertise" this campaign to get as many players as possible and try to get people to come over to this forum again (if it is not against the rules...).

Also, anyone who joins, please try to get other people to join. This will be sorta like MMORGP (Massive Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Game) except it will all take place on this forum by posting).

Please disable all sigs when posting. You will receive 5 warnings, and then there is a possibility of a ban. Hate to be harsh but I need everything to load fast and stuff, seeing how i have a 56k and I am pretty much the DM.

Now then, The story.

The History

When the worlds were young, and when gods had awoken and discovered their power, everything was in disarray. Chaos was all around, there was no order or law or anything to maintain balance. The gods themselves, walked the vast amount of planes, fighting other gods for power. They enslaved thousands of races, showing no mercy. The righteous and good gods battled the evil gods, and vice versa, claiming that they were merely ridding the worlds of evil, when really they weren't do any good. And so thousands of years went by in chaos. No one knows how this event ended, it just did. But what was learned, was that during this time, thousands of planes were created. Though most have been chartered and discovered, only one has been recently discovered.

The Discovery
15 years ago, during an archeological dig, the archeologists discovered an forgotten ruin buried 50 feet deep into the earth. It took about 4 years, and about 1030 people to finally uncover every bit of this ruin. In the end, they had discovered a colossal fortress, in what appeared to be an enormous crater. In the ruin were about 500 rooms of different lengths and sizes, 10 stories, including 5 underground layers. The archeologists had found many ancient artifacts from the time when gods roamed the planes. Armories, blacksmithies, furniture, ancient magic, priceless documents were discovered. But the most interesting part of this fortress, was a floating chamber above this citadel. It appeared from the sky when the archeologists had entered what appeared to be the throne room. A teleporter that led to the floating chamber was soon found. Inside the chamber was a massive gate that appeared to lead to another world.

The World of Xanithir
When preparations were made, a large adventuring party stepped through the gate, and entered an unknown world. They were inside a massive temple, with a gate leading back to the fortress. Outside this temple, was wilderness, like normal wilderness in the Prime Material Plane. This plane was soon named Xanithir. Slowly as the years went by, a small colony was made, that developed into a relatively large community, protected by massive stone walls with farms laying to the north and east of this town.

[ 07-06-2003, 06:42 PM: Message edited by: SecretMaster ]
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 07:15 PM   #2
SecretMaster

Character Creation
Basically, you will PM me your character stats. Your character starts off on level 1 (all characters do). There is no stat maximum. There are guidlines to having a starting character. They are
1. You may start off with 1 stat at 18.
2. 2 Other stats are at 16.
3. 3 Other stats are at 10-15.
4. The last remaining stat is at 7-9
4. The stats are
Strength-How much you can carry, how much damage you do, what weapons you may wield, your ability to swing weapons faster and actually penetrate their armor.

Dexterity- Your ability to dodge arrows, melee attacks, as well as your ability to steal, and hide, your ability to swing weapons faster, the ability to strike weaks areas dealing more damage.

Constitution- How strong your bones are, your abilitity to resist disease, your ability to take damage.

Intelligence-Your ability to understand and write languages, ability to read and decode hidden languages, how to disarm a device, ability to obtain more spell points per level, and use less spell points per spell.

Willpower-Your ability to resist mental attacks, taunts, your ability to resist torture, and how to resist elemental damage.

Wisdom-How wise you are, the ability to make decisive decisions under pressure, giving the right advice to help someone strive, ability to judge whether someone should be punished or not.

Charisma- Your ability to lead, to easily make friends, to persuade or intimidate someone, how friendly you are, how good your looks are, how well people follow you.

There are no definite classes in this RPG. You will pick your stats, your armor types, weapons, height, and so on.

Recommendations: Here are some recommendations on what stats you want for a type of character you want. The first stat stated should be the one at 18, the next two are the ones at 16.

Fighter: Strength, Dexterity, Constitution
Fighter/Leader: Strength, Constitution, Charisma
Natural Leader: Wisdom, Charisma, Strength
Thief: Dexterity, Intelligence, Charisma
Thief/spy: Dexterity, Willpower, Intelligence
Priest: Wisdom, Intelligence, Charisma
Mage: Intelligence, Willpower, Constitution
Druid: Willpower, Wisdom, Constitution.

Character Abilities: In essence, Character abilities are what distinguishes fighters from mages and thieves. Character abilities are like feats from 3rd Edition D&D, except they have no prerequisites (except for character level) and anyone can pick any ability. All characters start off with 6 abilities to choose, and more abilities are picked as the character gets stronger. Here is the list of abilities for the starting level.

Apprentice Druidic Spell Casting- Allows beginner spell casting of the druidic domain. Apprentice spell casting allows spells of 10 spell points to be cast.

Apprentice Clerical Spell Casting- Allows beginner spell casting of the
clerical domain. Apprentice spell casting allows spells of 10 spell points to be cast.

Apprentice Magick Spell Casting- Allows beginner spell casting of the magick domain. Apprentice spell casting allows spells of 10 spell points to be cast.

Light Armor Mastery- Allows the character to use light armor with no problems, but there are no bonuses.

Medium Armor Mastery- Allows the character to use medium armor with no problems, but there are no bonuses.

Heavy Armor Mastery- Allows the character to use heavy armor with no problems, but there are no bonuses.

Apprentice Armor Maintenance- Allows the character to use their limited knowledge to attempt to repair armor.

Apprentice Blacksmithing- Characters with this ability can use a limited amount of tools to create small simple items such as nails, small metal bands, arrow heads and arrows. Apprentice Blacksmithing does not work on the spot, all the tools and the right environment is required.

I will update this list later and as I get more ideas.

Character Sub Points: ***COMING SOON***

Leveling Up Your Character
Leveling up is divided into two parts. Obtaining enough experiance, and obtaining enough Skill Focus Points.

Aquiring Experiance: Experiance is not gained by killing monsters in this game. You get 20 experiance points every 12 hrs you have lived in the game. When you have gained enough experiance, you are halfway to leveling up.

Aquiring Skill Focus Points: In order to level up, you must also practice your character abilities. When you have honed your skills 10 times, you are able to level up (unless you still require experiance). For instance, every time you have been hit by a monster while wearing light armor and you have light armor mastery, you will gain 1 point for each hit.

Gaining experiance and aquiring skill focus points increases as you level up. Below is a chart that shows you how it increases.

More to come...

PLEASE DO NOT POST, I AM STILL IN THE PROCESS OF CREATING THIS GAME. ANY QUESTIONS CAN AND WILL BE ANSWERED BY PM. I AM LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO MAKE A WEBSITE FOR THIS, I WILL GLADLY ACCEPT ANY VOLUNTEERS.-
SecretMaster.

[ 07-08-2003, 09:42 PM: Message edited by: SecretMaster ]
Old 07-12-2003, 01:03 AM   #3
SecretMaster

This thread will be deleted in about 1 week. I have found another forum that i can use (hopefully) that won't tie up IW like crazy. If anyone is still interested, PM me.