Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2004, 05:34 PM   #151
Gnarf
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by TAOWolf:
Okay, I went in and did a little "housework" on my internet settings, and I have not had any timeouts or "play not displayed" in awhile

Hopefully, I did not just JINX myself
Still not having timeout-thingies? What settings did you mess with?
Old 04-10-2004, 05:46 PM   #152
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Yeah, what he asked.
Old 04-10-2004, 05:50 PM   #153
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

For me, Ironworks goes down about eight to ten times a day. It's always down for about 15-20 minutes each time. I often just keep IW running in the background with my LAN connection, so I can monitor it all fairly closely. Sucks, but what can y'do? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-10-2004, 05:53 PM   #154
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Arledrian:
For me, Ironworks goes down about eight to ten times a day. It's always down for about 15-20 minutes each time. I often just keep IW running in the background with my LAN connection, so I can monitor it all fairly closely. Sucks, but what can y'do? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Same here. I call it "the Oprah effect".
Old 04-12-2004, 06:03 PM   #155
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

I don't know why Ziroc hasn't posted here yet but he told me just recently that the problem is bandwidth and that it is basically unfixable without paying even more on a monthly basis. The forums do not have enough to support the amount of users on at one time so issues time-outs to many of us.
Old 04-13-2004, 10:32 PM   #156
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

ALERT! It may NOT be bandwidth after all! Right now (JUST now) Microsoft has new updates for Internet Explorer, and it says there was a bug that would cause disconections from servers of websites. This may be exactly what is causing it=a Microsoft bug. ugh. I kinda hope so. I personally have tried everything.

Read this MS report on the bug here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=831167

Here is a question:

Anyone use Netscape or other non-Microsoft browsers, and if so, do you have the same problems connecting and getting server errors?

That question alone could help. [img]smile.gif[/img]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 04-13-2004, 10:35 PM   #157
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

This sounds VERY much like what I am hearing, and "when submitting a username and password" part is dead on. We ARE a forum.... A patch actually CREATED this problem too.

--------------------
SYMPTOMS
Programs that use Wininet functions to post data (such as a user name or a password) to a Web server retry the POST request with a blank header if the Web server closes (or resets) the initial connection request.

Note A POST request has a blank header if its content length is set to 0 or is empty.

Sometimes, this behavior prevents another reset from occurring and permits authentication to complete. However, you may receive an HTTP 500 (Internal server error) Web page if the Web server must have the POST data included when Wininet retries the POST request.

For example, when you submit your user name and password to an SSL-secured Web site by using a form on a HTTPS Web page, Microsoft Internet Explorer may not resend this information to the Web server if the initial connection is closed (or reset).

--------------------
CAUSE
This problem occurs after you apply the 832894 security update (MS04-004) or the 821814 hotfix.
--------------------

Old 04-13-2004, 10:56 PM   #158
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

The errors you see, are they HTTP 500 errors?

Old 04-14-2004, 02:51 AM   #159
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Lemme go test this out for ya...
Old 04-14-2004, 06:46 AM   #160
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
Here is a question:

Anyone use Netscape or other non-Microsoft browsers, and if so, do you have the same problems connecting and getting server errors?

That question alone could help. [img]smile.gif[/img]
I usually rowse the forum using Opera and I've experienced time outs with it as well. However, I haven't had any at all lately. I recently chose to identify Opera as Opera and not IE (hmm complicated lol), and I don't think I've had any time outs since. Not that that would matter. Or would it? Anyway, with Opera all what you typed in is saved. [img]smile.gif[/img]