Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2002, 11:46 PM   #1
Mellagar

Not to step on anyone's toes at all, but I found myself laughing, and for reasons that didn't surprise me. For quite a long time now everyone has been waiting patiently, or impatiently...for NWN to finally come out so they could play. Now I'm not saying everyone has been, but a good handful of people seem to be bickering about the game and its only been out a few days. They don't get a party like the BG games, or Icewind, etc. I played Daggerfall and it was only a single player game, and I had a blast running around the countryside creating havoc, and when that game came out you didn't have half the options or the nifty graphics. I do believe some people got a little spoiled with the BG games and were expecting the same from NWN without giving it the benefit of the doubt.
Mellagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2002, 12:36 AM   #2
Madriver
Manshoon

Very true, most of the complaints on the bio forums are the same...party, party, party. Funny thing, NWN was announced even before BG2, and at that time people thought it was going to be BG2. Now people are expecting BG3, but it is entirely different game, and IMHO better.
Madriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2002, 07:10 AM   #3
Lanthir
Drizzt Do'Urden

you can have a party in MP which is what they said would happen. I think the only reason solo is in there is so they can sell it to more people.
Old 06-22-2002, 09:05 AM   #4
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

no party in NWN? that's errr....interesting.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2002, 09:51 AM   #5
vesselle
Hathor

sp was basically an afterthought. originally, they planned to have 4 short modules as a SP intro to the game, of which MP was the focus. well, they started getting some complaints and ran several questionairres on different forums about what everyone expected of the SP part of the game and would they buy it if no SP was included.

the current SP game, est at 100 hours, is what they made. prolly cuz the BG crowd (of which i am a proud member) was all yelling for their gigantic SP experience.

personally, i LOVE the sp NWN. i don't care about having a party. i get a sidekick if i want, but in the meantime, its fun, looks great and i'm kicking butt.

i'm not complaining. i got Wiz 8 and DS for party play, now i have MW and NWN for SP fun!!

Go RPGS!!

V***V

[img]graemlins/chaos.gif[/img]
Old 06-22-2002, 11:03 AM   #6
Grundel70
Elite Waterdeep Guard

It seems that alot of folks are leary, skeptical, hostile, or totally agianst in any way multi player experiences in their computer games.

I can understand why. I too was in this boat until very recently.

I decided to see what the whole fuss was about, and actually tried it out...and I had a blast. It was with Dungeon siege to be precise. I found a good group of people that i played with often, and it became a weekly thing.

Personally, I think that many people would rethink their stance on multiplayer options in their games, such as this one, if they get with a good group of people and stick with them. I would have to assume that the majority of people playing nwn has played pnp sometime in their life, which technically is multi player [img]smile.gif[/img] (Try playing pnp d&d by yourself).

There are jerks out there. Thats unavoidable. But you don't have to play with them. serves can be locked down, people kicked, banned, etc. I think you will find that the majority of people out there are just like you. And also ibet that if you play a game like this mp with other people who are also skeptical, then you won't have to worry about that either [img]smile.gif[/img] I of course would suggest that everyone give it a shot. [img]smile.gif[/img]

But I do agree with you...the sp game is a blast. [img]smile.gif[/img] I ahve not even touched mp yet for nwn [img]smile.gif[/img]
Grundel70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2002, 01:37 PM   #7
Madriver
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by vesselle:
sp was basically an afterthought. originally, they planned to have 4 short modules as a SP intro to the game, of which MP was the focus. well, they started getting some complaints and ran several questionairres on different forums about what everyone expected of the SP part of the game and would they buy it if no SP was included.

the current SP game, est at 100 hours, is what they made. prolly cuz the BG crowd (of which i am a proud member) was all yelling for their gigantic SP experience.

personally, i LOVE the sp NWN. i don't care about having a party. i get a sidekick if i want, but in the meantime, its fun, looks great and i'm kicking butt.

i'm not complaining. i got Wiz 8 and DS for party play, now i have MW and NWN for SP fun!!

Go RPGS!!

V***V

[img]graemlins/chaos.gif[/img]
You're right, but it goes even further. There is no SP version of the game really. Just as someone can create their own module, that is what the official campaign is, a Bioware created module. It's probably a lot bigger than the community modules will be (although I'm sure there will be some better player made ones) but it is still a module. The beef of the game is the toolset, and that means in a few months there will be ten times (at least) the hours of playtime in downloadable fun. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Madriver is offline   Reply With Quote