Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2007, 11:35 PM   #11
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Hu? I mebtioned I was a realist about politics. I did not say I was a pacifest!

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 12:26 AM   #12
Seraph
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Well, the Republicans aren't taking themselves very serious either if you let Giuliani run for office, unless my information about his popularity among the masses has it all wrong.
I suspect your information is wrong. You're talking about someone who was Times "Man of the Year" in 2001, and is still occasionally refered to as "Americas Mayor". A while back Gallup did a poll where they polled people about possible canidates in their party, Giuliani ended up with the highest percentage of republicans "acceptable", and the lowest thinking he was "not acceptable". Giuliani is a fairly moderate republican canidate, which also gives him good (for a republican) levels of support among independents and democrats.

If you want to look at the Republicans not taking themselves seriously then you should be looking at Mitt Romney. There is no way that a Mormon is going to be elected president in 2008.

[ 01-21-2007, 12:31 AM: Message edited by: Seraph ]
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 07:58 PM   #13
wellard
Dracolisk

It dont matter who you guys vote for what I want to know is who the supreme court is going to make president after the electronic vote rigging [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:30 PM   #14
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

http://www.beliefnet.com/story/171/story_17147_1.html

More on Mitt Romney, if people can get past the religion his record is very good. (but as the article says, there's a flat 17% of americans that would never vote for a mormon, too big of a chunk for the Repub's to take a chance on.

[ 01-22-2007, 01:32 PM: Message edited by: Morgeruat ]
Old 01-22-2007, 03:33 PM   #15
PurpleXVI
Emerald Dragon

Well, to be honest, there's a decent possibility that a lot of those 17% are of the people who would never vote for the Republicans anyway.

I imagine that more Democrats have problems with openly and strongly religious leaders than Republicans(Though this is just a guess, mind you.). And Mormons tend to be, if not necessarily more strong, in my experience at least more vocal about their faith than many other branches of Christianity.

Of course, I could be wrong. Could be that the Democrats are open to anyone who wants to do The Right Thing and it's religious right-winger Republicans who would never vote for someone who isn't a follower of THEIR particular favourite interpretation of the Bible.

Additionally, keep in mind that said poll was from 1999. 8 years is a lot of time for people to change their minds. It also has no details on poll methodology, etc., so it could've been a deeply flawed piece of research. All in all, I wouldn't put too much(Har har) faith in it.
PurpleXVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 02:48 AM   #16
machinehead
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by PurpleXVI:
Well, to be honest, there's a decent possibility that a lot of those 17% are of the people who would never vote for the Republicans anyway.

I imagine that more Democrats have problems with openly and strongly religious leaders than Republicans(Though this is just a guess, mind you.). And Mormons tend to be, if not necessarily more strong, in my experience at least more vocal about their faith than many other branches of Christianity.

Of course, I could be wrong. Could be that the Democrats are open to anyone who wants to do The Right Thing and it's religious right-winger Republicans who would never vote for someone who isn't a follower of THEIR particular favourite interpretation of the Bible.

Additionally, keep in mind that said poll was from 1999. 8 years is a lot of time for people to change their minds. It also has no details on poll methodology, etc., so it could've been a deeply flawed piece of research. All in all, I wouldn't put too much(Har har) faith in it.
Massachusetts, arguablly the most liberal Democratic state in the Union voted in Mitt Romney as Governor in 2002.
machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 05:13 AM   #17
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

How much do we actually know of Hillary's policies though? She's got the name, but anyone know how she's voted on various issues?

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 05:29 AM   #18
machinehead
Drizzt Do'Urden

http://projects.washingtonpost.com/c...c001041/votes/
http://www.ontheissues.org/Hillary_Clinton.htm

[ 01-23-2007, 05:34 AM: Message edited by: machinehead ]
machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 09:49 AM   #19
Iron Greasel
Fzoul Chembryl

Throw down your shackles! Rise against those who would be your masters! YOU are the future!
Old 01-23-2007, 12:01 PM   #20
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

I wish women ran the world. It would be such a nicer place. No tongue, no cheek. I mean it...