Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2002, 11:01 PM   #1
wolfgangdroven
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hello,

I finshed her keep. It has been 8 days since doing so and having Nalia in the group. I just got back to the city. I cannot get invited to her father's funeral. I have slept days away hoping it would come, but it seems that because it is past the week mark I will not get this quest. Any suggestions? Anyway around this or do I have to restart from a save before the seventh day is up.

Thanks

Wolfgang
wolfgangdroven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 11:22 PM   #2
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Are you a fighter, or a fighter sub-class (kensai, barbarian, etc)? If so, did you get the keep as your stronghold?

IIRC the subsequent quests (Nalia's father's funeral, her kidnapping, etc) will occur only if you received her keep as your stronghold (whihc means your main character has to be a fighter). If not, these quests will never appear.
Old 08-20-2002, 11:30 PM   #3
wolfgangdroven
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I am not a fighter. I am a undead hunter, same as the last time I played BG2 and the time before that. I have never gotten the keep as my own because I am not a fighter, but all the other times I did get the father's funeral and kidnapping quests. Those times I was watching the days very closely and made sure I was in the city by day seven. This time I got sloppy and was clearing out windspear and missed the day. I have a save, but it is way before I started to clear out windspear. I really just don't want to have to do it again. Any solutions to this?

Thanks

Wolfgang
wolfgangdroven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 11:37 PM   #4
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Sorry, I don't think I can help. Perhaps someone else will.

BTW, welcome to IW! Drop by the General Discussions forum to say hi! I daresay IW is the friendliest public forum I've ever had the pleasure of posting in.
Hayashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2002, 12:20 AM   #5
Sir Loin of Beef
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Isn't Undead Hunter a Paladin kit? It's been awhile but I remember like the above post states that you have to be some sort of fighter class or you won't get the funeral or anything.
Old 08-21-2002, 12:35 AM   #6
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Sir Steak, it doesn't matter what your class is; you will always get the funeral as it is unrelated to the stronghold situation.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2002, 04:29 PM   #7
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Firestorm is correct: There is 1 set of quests related to the Keep-as Stronghold (Priest of Tempus, bandits, etc.), and a totally separate set, which is contingent on Nalia being in the party. Did you drop her? That may affect her quests, at least the amount of time you have to wait before you get summoned to her dad's funeral. (In my last game, the Messenger ran up to tell me about it--while my sweetie was being kidnapped by Vampires in Chapter 6. "Sorry, I'm a little BUSY just now!!!")
Old 08-22-2002, 04:55 PM   #8
da'ain
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I think her quest(s) has a real-time clock triggering it - not sure though

[ 08-22-2002, 04:58 PM: Message edited by: da'ain ]
da'ain is offline   Reply With Quote