Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2005, 07:23 AM   #1
Pop 'n Fresh
Manshoon

Greetings all

I seem to have a little polymorphing trouble at the moment.
You see i was buffing every1 in my party as i was trying to kill Ployer AND his wizards because i was 2 stingey to pay 500 gold to make them leave.
So i polymorphed Nalia into a.... erm ... an ogre i think ( bald guy with club ) and i just thought that she would change back to a human when the spell expired but well... It's kinda been 4 days and she's still fat and ugly and the polymorphing abilities have dissappeared from her special abilities menu so... well.. i'm kinda stuck [img]redface.gif[/img] . As she is polymorphed into an ( ogre?? ) she has no spells so she cannot polymorph back. The only other option i can think off is to find a polymorph spell ( not polymorph self ) and turn her back.

Has any1 encountered this before?
Is their a cheaper way instead of paying for a scroll i doubt i will use that will most likely cost like 3-4k??
And no way am i reloading [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 06-28-2005, 07:25 AM: Message edited by: Pop 'n Fresh ]
[img]\"http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/5936/sbadfurday00037fg.png\" alt=\" - \" /><br />BRING ME SOME SWEETCORN!<br /><br />What do the Enterprise and toilet paper have in common? They both circle Uranus in search of klingons
Pop 'n Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 07:47 AM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

There should be a Polymorph to Human option in your 'Special Abilities' menu( the Star button).
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 08:59 AM   #3
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Yes, it should be a blue icon. and should look like a human standing up.
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 09:21 AM   #4
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Pop 'n Fresh:
The only other option i can think off is to find a polymorph spell ( not polymorph self ) and turn her back.

What polymorph spell you're talking about? If you mean the red polymorph other then it wont work because it only polymorphs into squirrel AFAIK (never use it myself).

Quote:
Originally posted by Pop 'n Fresh:
and the polymorphing abilities have dissappeared from her special abilities menu
Ok if there is no special ability icon to polymorph back to human then...

Now the only way I can think of turning her back is to:

Go to a temple and try restoration (I highly highly doubt it it will work but no harm in trying)

OR

(this should work easily)
use the potion swapping technique to cast polymorph self again on Nalia. The polymorph to human special ability should appear again.
Old 06-28-2005, 06:06 PM   #5
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

You could also try a Dispel Magic, or, if you have the CheatKeys enabled, Ctrl-R.
Old 06-28-2005, 06:24 PM   #6
Pop 'n Fresh
Manshoon

potion.....swapping....?

Ok Here is what i tihkn happened.
I think maybe nalias polymorph ran out during a speech with some1 possibly ployer and as every1 is frozen she would not change. If this ahs happened i would have thought that she'd change back at the end of the speech but alas she did not.
I'm talking about polymorph-self not polymorph other.
My theory of using a different polymorph didnt work either ( i stole the entire spell store stock ! )
I havent tried temples just yet though so that'll have to be my next pitstop.
Nalia's Special abilities menu only has lay trap and none of the other polymorph spells and as she's currently an ogre she cannot cast polymorph again.

[ 06-28-2005, 06:26 PM: Message edited by: Pop 'n Fresh ]
[img]\"http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/5936/sbadfurday00037fg.png\" alt=\" - \" /><br />BRING ME SOME SWEETCORN!<br /><br />What do the Enterprise and toilet paper have in common? They both circle Uranus in search of klingons
Old 06-28-2005, 06:41 PM   #7
Pop 'n Fresh
Manshoon

No i couldnt cure it at the temples and i dont have a dispel magic of yet But i guess having her a permanent ogre is O....K.

She can carry 400 weight and she runs as if she has haste. I guess i turned a mage into a tank although i really would prefer the spells.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:39 PM   #8
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

enable cheats and use control + r on her, it should cure her. I suggest you disable the cheats afterwards since you may be tempted to use them some more .
BTW, there was a recent thread on how to enable cheats IIRC, if you can't find it, just do a search using the search tool.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 01:57 AM   #9
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Potion swapping should work easily.

have a potion (any will do as long as she can drink it) and a polymorph self scroll in her inventory (NOT in quick slots). Pause. Go to inventory. right-click on potion and click "drink potion". Remove potion and put scroll in the exact inventory place getcan the polymorph into human ability again.
Old 06-29-2005, 08:15 AM   #10
Pop 'n Fresh
Manshoon

I must resist the cheats, I Must i tell u!

Well i'm an ordinary brain drain arent i.
I was walking around Umar Hills with my gang and Nalia was pummelled by the two Umber Hulks inside the cave and when she was revived she was free of the ogre curse.Although having her beat the ( ahem ) out of people and being able to carry 400kg was quite a benefit so i regretted the change back.

Also, she left my group soon after as i hadnt been to De'Arnise Keep yet so it was a waste anyway. lol!

Thx for potion swapping technique as well.

[ 06-29-2005, 08:18 AM: Message edited by: Pop 'n Fresh ]