Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2003, 07:44 AM   #1
Annatar
Mephistopheles

I made another weapon (and I'm still busy with that vampire slaying bolt, don't worry!)

Its an Wakizashi, I made it because the game lacks great ancient ninja/samurai blades.

--------------------------------------------

Ninjas Legionary +4: Swiftness

A Ninja-To of rather strange and exotic powers, probably forged by a Kara-Tur Wo Jen with a strange sense of humor, and a horrible faith.

One that wields this blade will move like a cheetah and will strike as fast as an aggresive snake, poisoned is the blade of this Ninja-To and one wielding this blade will become immune for it.

Another perk of this particular blade is its abnormal regeneration rate, troll nor werewolf can compete with its regeneration capabilities; how this is done is still unknown.

A blade with such extraordinary enchantments will be considered rare and powerful, though this blade comes with its own flaws; the forger of this blade made one big mishap in the creation of this blade, he called upon an ancient demi-goddess (her name is un-pronounceable for a non Kara-Tur Wo Jen, life will be forfeit if one tries to) he asked her to grant him power to enchant his lifework, the Kara-Tur Wo Jens lust for power and strength had offended the Goddess, she cursed his blade and anybody that touches the blade will endure the same faith. Cursed by a deity, removal of the blade will not help.. for your forever marked with the Goddess her sign.

She cursed the blade because she felt like Culexus did no praise her enough, for her giving an mortal godlike powers was something not every deity will do, she felt that a sacrificial ritual in her name was the least he could do.. though after the completion of the blade he neglected the helpful deity, who was now literally filled with anger and hate ‘’No sacrifice mortal? I will take you as my sacrifice then’’ her punishment was far from gentle.

For the Goddess marked the sword cursed, one who wields it will experience the wraith of an ancient Goddess, many have challenged them self.. testing if they were able to wield it and endure the ever mighty force from a deity… obviously, only a few men survived it..

STATISTICS:

Equipped Abilities:
- Regeneration
- Immunity to poisons
- Improved Haste

Penalties:
- Cursed
- Charisma set to 4 (Permanent)
- Alignment set to Chaotic Evil (Permanent)
- Reputation reduced to 1
- -15 from max hp (Permanent)

Combat Abilities:
- every hit poisons the victim, doing 20 poison damage in 10 seconds
- 5 points of magic damage versus humanoids
- 5% chance that the blade drains 2 levels from target
THACO: +4 bonus
Damage: 1D8 +4
Damage Type: slashing
Weight: 2
Speed Factor: 1
Proficiency Type: Scimitar/Wakizashi//Ninja-To
Type: 1-handed
Requires:
- 12 strength
- level 12

No usable by:
Cleric
Druid
Mage

--------------------------------------------

its still in creation status, 55% done.

Opinions... feedback.. are all welcome

[ 04-21-2003, 07:46 AM: Message edited by: Annatar ]
Old 04-21-2003, 07:55 AM   #2
Jon Irenicus
Elminster

Hmmm.... its not bad, but I think that the poison is too STRONG!!! U need to know that even with the Assasin's poison, it does 1 damage for 24sec... and it is really annoying already( good for disrupting casters..etc) Also, the assasin can not keep on poisoning the enemy, due to sucky THAC0(this blade is for Fighters right?), so if u wanna make ur poison like that at least make it have a save or something, like the Assasins poison... or ur gonna see alot of enemies dying extremely fast! BTW, about that Charisma penalty, whats gonna happen if I put on the blade first then use the Ring of Human Influence??? Will it be to 18 or 4, so u gotta be sure bout that one... Just curious, how much HP r u gonna be regenrating?? On the whole, the blade looks real good. Good job! Heh, gotta love that improved Haste..
Old 04-21-2003, 08:00 AM   #3
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Light Bulb

Well, you've atleast added many penalties, but I still don't know if I would call the blade balanced. [img]tongue.gif[/img] After all, if it is a evil character who runs across this blade, there really isn't much penalties for him, except that he can't remove it. What I suggest, is something that would damage the wielder as well, like at each hit, the wielder takes a 1d4 slashing damage or something, because if the blade is so swift, it can be hard for the wielder to avoid being accidently cut by it himself.
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 08:04 AM   #4
Jon Irenicus
Elminster

But wont that kill urself too fast??? Well, maybe not coz u regenrate but I think that it wont really work that way... Regenration colliding with self damage... hm...
Old 04-21-2003, 09:21 AM   #5
McHaggis
Manshoon

Are you able to do level restricted weapons in BG2? I now it's possible in NWN (and other 3ED games?), but I haven't heard it would be possible in BG. Though I have no extensive knowledge about item making so I might as well be wrong about this one. [img]smile.gif[/img]
McHaggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 09:27 AM   #6
Annatar
Mephistopheles

Yes, you can do this with NI and IEEP.. its rather easy.

Thanks for the input guys, I'll re-balance it some more, any thoughts how to balance it are welcome..
Old 04-21-2003, 02:21 PM   #7
Annatar
Mephistopheles

Any of you guys now a way to permanently lower your reputation with the use of IEEP (for Ninja) [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img] ?
Old 04-21-2003, 07:24 PM   #8
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Why do people feel that the only way to make items interesting is to make them UBER? I would decrease every single aspect of the weapon to about 50% of its current severity.
Old 04-21-2003, 08:19 PM   #9
Assassin
Symbol of Cyric

Little idea: Have a X% amount of chance to permanently drain 1 Charisma point from the wielder with every successful strike, instead of setting Charisma to 4. Reason? The person would have to make sure taht he/she doesn't get killed using the blade...
In The Terminator, Sarah Connor is told a speech by John Connor\'s father that John has given in the future. When John is born, Sarah tells John this speech, and John grows up to tell it in the future. So who wrote the speech?!
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 08:54 PM   #10
Rapida
The Magister

It is a "wee" bit overpowered. Look at it this way which evil fighter on the sword coast would be after this sword? All the various demigods, cults, bandits, paladins(to destroy it of course), etc. Maybe cut the poison damage and well i dont know i do agree on the x% on hit of minus charisma that would be better.

And about the crossbow bolts that kill vamps in one hit. Maybe they should be forgeable Example. Cromwell gets some kind of (not so rare) gem and stakes +gold equals 4-5 bolts.
Go to this site: [url]\"http://go.everwars.com/play.x?p=17259\" target=\"_blank\">http://go.everwars.com/play.x?p=17259</a> and play a free online game. No downloads required.<br />Great non-spoiler site; [url]\"http://www.uhs-hints.com/uhsweb/bg2.php\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.uhs-hints.com/uhsweb/bg2.php</a>
Rapida is offline   Reply With Quote