Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2005, 05:42 PM   #1
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

Here are the rules:

Every week, you pick one team to win. If you lose, you're out.

This kicker is, you can only pick a team once. For instance, If I were to pick the Jets this week, I could never pick them again this season.

I'm thinking of picking the St. Louis Rams this week over the SF 49ers. Is this a pretty safe bet?
Old 09-08-2005, 08:43 PM   #2
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

Yea, 49's are rebuilding and Rams have Bolger at qb and Faulk at rb.
Old 09-08-2005, 09:04 PM   #3
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Rams over 49ers, Good Odds.
One time only, loser's out? WTF? There will come a time when your two picks WILL play each other, then what?

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 09:17 PM   #4
Marathon
Elminster

I think St Louis is a pretty good pick - I might have said New England as well. I can't see them losing at home on opening night, but you never know.

You COULD have picked the Jets, but why would you want to be bounced out in the first round?
Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 09:43 PM   #5
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Felix The Assassin:
Rams over 49ers, Good Odds.
One time only, loser's out? WTF? There will come a time when your two picks WILL play each other, then what?
You change your pick every week. Last man surviving wins.
Old 09-09-2005, 01:33 PM   #6
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

If you like to be overly anal (like me) take an nfl schedule (espn.com will have one) and map out choices and cross them out for the other weeks. That way you will always have a good possiblity. Then again, you could spend 2 hours mapping it out and havethe 49ers upset the Rams.... I would pick the Cardinals over the Giants - Kurt is a better QB than Peyton and has experience.

Just a thought.

BK
The Black Storm Cloud of the Night - Consort to a Queen- Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way - Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons - Heart, Mind, and Soul- Newbie at Heart - ()xxxxxxxxxxxxx{}:::::::::::::::::::::>
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 09:28 PM   #7
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Quote:
Originally posted by krunchyfrogg:
-Snip-This kicker is, you can only pick a team once. For instance, If I were to pick the Jets this week, I could never pick them again this season.-Snip-
So, if you pick the Rams this week, and say Jacksonville next week, then week 8 you could be eliminated by this rule? Or, you are only picking just one team a week for the season? This would be really easy, can I get in?

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Old 09-10-2005, 11:39 PM   #8
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

You pick one team per week, and can never pick that team again this season.

You can't get in, it's people at my job. But if you help me as the season goes on, I'll be your best friend! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-10-2005, 11:51 PM   #9
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

If it helps any, I picked Rams, but there were 16 games this week. We do the full week, best picker wins. Next week, Tampa Bay would be a good pick. You are going to be in a world of hurt week 17! I guess I'd have to look at the whole program on a sheet at once to grasp what you are saying. But me tinks, just any team a week, and never the same team, would be fun, and easy. Friend? WTF is that? [img]graemlins/biggrin.gif[/img]

John F. Kennedy

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Old 09-10-2005, 11:53 PM   #10
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
You DO know you are prostituting yourself here, don't you ?

You still want inside info ? Even from a European ?