Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2001, 10:09 PM   #51
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil:
Im smart. Im the Official Villain Of IW afterall..... has there ever been a dumb villian?

I don't even know where to begin with that one. LOL. Most evil characters (villains) eventually get killed off.

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 09-05-2001, 11:54 PM   #52
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
well, I am not even trying to convince you are wrong. simply, I don't care. I will live the life I want to live, and see where it leads me.

I strongly believe using brain to fight back emotions. be observant, watch and learn. and not making the mistakes that so many people have made, but still not yet aware of. I don't believe it will do me harm at all.

Good on you 250! Hope there are no hard feelings b/w us! I really didn't mean to be attacking you...I really do agree with most of the things you said, about most people not understanding the true dire straights they are in, but I guess I just would have worded it different

Good luck with whatever you are doing and/or planning!

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
Bossman of Better Funny Stuff.....of the Laughing Hyenas!
Old 09-06-2001, 12:06 AM   #53
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:
Good on you 250! Hope there are no hard feelings b/w us! I really didn't mean to be attacking you...I really do agree with most of the things you said, about most people not understanding the true dire straights they are in, but I guess I just would have worded it different

Good luck with whatever you are doing and/or planning!

no problem

Old 09-06-2001, 02:30 AM   #54
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Is it to late for me to clear the air 250? I still don't agree with you, but that's not that big a deal. There are a lot of people on the board and we are all not going to agree with eachother. I made a mistake by attacking your opinion instead of simply disagreeing with it. I apologise. If I were you I would have certainly worded some things differently, but once again that's not important. You have my apologies for what they're worth, for not being more tactful in my replys.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 09-06-2001, 02:33 AM   #55
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:
Is it to late for me to clear the air 250? I still don't agree with you, but that's not that big a deal. There are a lot of people on the board and we are all not going to agree with eachother. I made a mistake by attacking your opinion instead of simply disagreeing with it. I apologise. If I were you I would have certainly worded some things differently, but once again that's not important. You have my apologies for what they're worth, for not being more tactful in my replys.

dont worry about it
when I posted this, I was sure that I am going to be attacked (fiercely). and I bear no grudge with anyone here. my opinion sounds harsh, you disagree, no big deal
Old 09-06-2001, 08:26 AM   #56
Melusine
Dracolisk

Actually Milamber, I was glad you posted because you were one of the few people making sense here.
250 if you can get so worked up about some D&D stats there's something wrong here. You keep contradcting yourself and to be honest I can't make much sense out of your posts, so I'm not even going to comment.
All I am going to say is that you can be insulting sometimes man! In the initial post of this thread you say: "if you're all so smart, why are you so weak physically?" Well, apart from the fact that I don't see what's wrong with that (I'd rather be strong mentally than physically) has it occured to you that this is pretty damn insulting, and extremely hurtful too, to people who are ill and are weak through no fault of their own?? Sorry but sometimes you need to think before you talk. I'm fed up with people who act as if being ill/weak is some sort of goddamn crime!! Now I am not sure if this is actually what you meant, so don't consider the above rant to be directed at you personally, it is just my general opinion. However, if you really did mean what you said I can't be anything other than angry about that.

------------------
Melusine, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the OHF, the LH,
the HADB and the SPAE(Society for the
Prevention of Acronym Extinction) &
Sultry Elflet

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 09-06-2001, 08:51 AM   #57
MagiK

Err I ummm think that it is a serious mistake to think all or even most of us are weak physically. I've lifted weights for most of my adult life (mostly because I had to for my first career in the Military) and have slipped a little as I have gotten older but I can still press 210lbs. Mental acuity does is not tied to physical debilitation. Any Special Forces guy will show you the truth about that. Basicly stereotyping people is never a good idea if you want an acurate assessment.

------------------
Disintigration is easy, If you really want to impress me, ReIntegrate it.

Old 09-06-2001, 08:58 AM   #58
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Err I ummm think that it is a serious mistake to think all or even most of us are weak physically. I've lifted weights for most of my adult life (mostly because I had to for my first career in the Military) and have slipped a little as I have gotten older but I can still press 210lbs. Mental acuity does is not tied to physical debilitation. Any Special Forces guy will show you the truth about that. Basicly stereotyping people is never a good idea if you want an acurate assessment.

This is in response to what?
Not my post I hope, because then you've completely misunderstood what I'm saying..

------------------
Melusine, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the OHF, the LH,
the HADB and the SPAE(Society for the
Prevention of Acronym Extinction) &
Sultry Elflet

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 09-06-2001, 11:28 AM   #59
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Also, did I understand it correctly that you judge everyone who posted a high intelligence in the What are your stats thread as people who are trying to hide from their flaws by claiming that they are 'smart'? I might add that you should not try such blanket statements, they are wrong for a great many of the people. I think this is coming out somewhat garbled, I apologize if this sounds as if I'm attacking you, I just CANNOT FIND THE RIGHT WORDS TO SAY THIS (my english is going...)

------------------

I am the great Kazara
Old 09-06-2001, 11:40 AM   #60
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
Also, did I understand it correctly that you judge everyone who posted a high intelligence in the What are your stats thread as people who are trying to hide from their flaws by claiming that they are 'smart'? I might add that you should not try such blanket statements, they are wrong for a great many of the people. I think this is coming out somewhat garbled, I apologize if this sounds as if I'm attacking you, I just CANNOT FIND THE RIGHT WORDS TO SAY THIS (my english is going...)

I understand what you're saying Kaz, and am wondering the same! I think your post is one of the least garbled on this thread actually but it may be me...

------------------
Melusine, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the OHF, the LH
and the HADB &
Sultry Elflet

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art