Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2001, 06:00 PM   #41
Neb
Account deleted by Request

A bump.
Old 11-16-2001, 07:09 PM   #42
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Menoch?? Its been ages (literally) since u last posted a monster information in this thread. When will u be posting again??
Old 11-16-2001, 07:15 PM   #43
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

I know I'm not memnoch, but if i get some time tonight, I'll post a creature on here I have a mosterous compendium at home.
Old 11-16-2001, 07:37 PM   #44
LennonCook
Jack Burton

OK- Can u try to aim for my requests a few posts up in the thread??
Especially Dragons. Shadow and BLack. And maybe green & yellow (and any others there are)- and can u try to keep it so that its easy toread the tables?? I cant figure out the cutoff points for someof the ones ive printed off!!
Old 11-16-2001, 08:40 PM   #45
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Hey people Memnoch (the walking Encyclopedia) is a busy man so he might not have time at the mo to do this. But he is also a helpful little genie so im sure he will be back to help you sometime
Old 11-17-2001, 02:26 AM   #46
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Can someone please do this in memnochs place until he can start it again??
Or atleast post a link that will give us the info??
I am very interested in this, but i cant get my hands on a monster manual.
Old 11-19-2001, 09:22 PM   #47
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

U want it you got it, well right now I only have time for one so here goes

SHADOW DRAGON
Climate/Terrain: non-arctic/ruins, subterranean, and plane of shadow
Frequency: very rare
Organization: solitary or clan
Activity cycle: nocturnal (any on plane of shadow)
Diet: Special
Intelligence: genius (17-18)
Treasure: special
Alignment: chaotic evil
No appearing: 1(2-5)
Armor class: -4 (base)
Movement: 18, FL 30 (D), JP 3
Hit dice: 12 (base)
THACo: 9 (base)
No of attacks: 3+ Special
Damage/Attack 1-6/1-6/3-18
Special Attacks: special
Special Defenses: Variable
Magic resistance: Variable
Size: H(21' base)
Morale: Champion (16)
XP value: Variable

Shadow dragons are sly and devious. The are instinctively cunning and are not prone to taking risks. At all ages a shadows dragon's scales are translucent, so when viwed from a distance it appears to be a mass of shadows. Shadow dragons speak their own tongue and a tongue common to all evil dragons. Also, 17% of hatchling dragons can speak with any intelligent creature. The chance to posses this ability increases with 5% per age category.

COMBAT: Shadow dragons prefer to attack from hiding, usually employing invisibility or hiding in shadows. They use illusion/phantasm spells to confuse and misdirect foes. Older dragons are especially fond of their non detection ability.

BREATH WEAPON/SPECIAL ABILITIES: A shadow dragon's breath weapon is a cloud of blackness that is 40 feet long, 30 feet wide, and 20 feet high. Creatures caught in this cloud are blinded for one melee round and lose 3/4 (round up) of their life energy (levels or hit dice); a successful savings throw vs. breath weapon reduces this loss to 1/2 (round up). The life loss persists for a variable number of turns based on the dragons age.(more for older dragons less for younger) Negative plae protection spells prevent this energy loss.
A character who is reduced to 0 or fewer levels lapses into a coma for the duration of the clouds effect.
A shadow dragon casts spells and uses its abilities as 6th level plus combat modifiers.
Shadow dragons are born immune to energy drain, and with the ability to hide in shadows, with 40% chance of success. This increases 5% per age category to a maximum of 95%.
as they age, they gain the following additional powers: JUVENILE: mirror image 3 times a day(1d4+1 images). ADULT: dimensional door 2 times a day. OLD: non-detection 3 times a day. VENERABLE: shadow walk once a day. GREAT WYRM: create shadows 3 times a day.(this ability creates a mass of leaping shadows with a radius of 100 yards, duration 1 hour. All magical (and normal)light and darkness sources are negated as long as they remain in the radius. Creatures able to hide in shadows can do so in these magical shadows even if under observation. Shadow dragons and other creatures from the plane of shadow can move and act normally while hiding in these shadows, effectively giving them improved invisiblity. A successful dispel magic banishes these shadows.

HABITAT/SOCIETY: Shadow dragons hate both bright light and total darkness, preffering variegated lighting with patches of diffuse light and deep, inky shadows. On the prime material plane, their lairs are always private places that provide shadowy light for most of the day. They prefer ancient ruins, where they can hide underground when the sun is bright and still find shadow above ground during the dawn and twilight. In the plane of shadows they live in dense thickets and of trees and brambles, forified castles, or labyrinthine caves. In either plane, they prefer to locate their lairs near colonies of other creatures that can alert them to potential foes or victims. The dragons seldom ever cooperate with these allies, however, though the dragons commonly prey on them.
Shadow dragons love dark-colored, opaque gems, and especially prize black stones. They also collect magical items that produce shadows or darkness. They use these items to turn areas filled with total darkness or light into masses of shadows.

ECOLOGY: Shadow dragons eat almost anything. their favorite food is rotting carrion, though they often kill for sport. Slain victims are left to decay until they become suitably foul. These dragons are equally fond of frost-killed, water logged, or salt poisoned plants.

Whew!!! That was long. well that took me about 30 minutes to type. I'm a slow typer and I got a phone call, and got disconnected, but hopefully youll enjoy it. please be kind enough to overlook any typos mispelling or any other mistakes.
Old 11-20-2001, 12:50 AM   #48
LennonCook
Jack Burton

OK. Thanx for that...
But can someone please post a link here so that we can control what monsters we can choose??
And how do i do smilies??
Old 11-20-2001, 03:26 AM   #49
Lucifer Lord of demons
Manshoon

Since Memnoch has apparently abandoned us i'll post a monster.
(note that these are my own words)

Silver dragon
habitat society:Snow topped mountain
alignement:chaotic good
intelligence:incredible(19-22)
Activity: day
organisation: solitary
armour class: -6
hit dice:13
attacks:3

Silver Dragons are generally noble creatures though they stay quite vain(as is normal for all dragons)and take paticular care of their young going to great lengths to protect them (even destroying whole villages). They are the Dragons of mountains and snow.

Combat: When attacking they have a devastating ice-breath attack and the older dragons can cast certain spells like tornado and blizzard and employ certain mountain Druid spells...

Special abilities: the breath of a silver Dragon is a cone 60 feet long and 10 feet wide. At birth silver dragons speak their own tongue and the tongue unique to all good dragons. They are also born with immunity to cold and and 20% magic resitance. The scales of Silver dragons can slightly change coulour to allow them to blend with the colour of the mountains they protect.
As they age they get the following special abilities:
Juvenile: create snow
Adult: ice-storm
Venerable:tornado and Druidic spells
Great wyrm: control Elements

I hope u liked it
When someone insults you, do not kill them there and then. It is a bad thing to do. Instead plot revenge, destroy his life, ruin him and in the end leave him to think about his fate. He\'ll understand the errors of his actions. <br /><br />\"Thaaat dooesn\'t huuuuurt!!!\"<br />(Victim of a dark elf assasin before losing his head)
Old 11-20-2001, 06:46 PM   #50
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

Ok I have monsterous manual and the time to make about one post every 2 days. so basically post here and give me a list of what creatures you want and I'll do what I can to post them, or some of them. I'll choose the mose interesting ones out of the list, or the ones I find most interesting. Eventually i'll get all of the ones everyone wants to see. But it will take some time, or maybe I'll just buy a scanner... well, we'll see what we can do about that, but in the mean time, just post what creatures you want to see on this thread, and I'll do what I can to get some of them on here, per the monsterous manual. let me know what you want to see, and I'll probably check this tomorrow and post one.